Is this really important to go temple?

Royal Singh

Prime VIP
Well, this is a my first ever thread in this category as just bit worried to ask, encourage everyone to participate & thanking for anticipation.

My question is do we really need to go any temple, gurdwaras, mosque or church?
I mean is this really an important?

Thanks

Royal Singh

Prime VIP
I'm not fully religious but as a sikh respect my religion a lot & listen to gurbani/kirtan/path too. Not even baba jis, community encourages us to go temple but also my parents too. I'm not saying that I don't go but this question moving in the mind & wonders to know what others have to say.

tomarnidhi

I am spiritual rather than religious.. I don't go to temples as they get too noisy ... either go to a gurudwara or dargah .. that too only cuz its peaceful & brings peace to me, not to offer prayers.. I think its not necessary to visit any place of religion unless it adds value to your state of mind and never out of greed or fear

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
:ditto

meri mom aksar mainu kehnde gurudware roz jaaya kr,,, par mera jithe dil mannda, mein sir jhuka dinda,, bhaawein drive karda karda langha,,, te akhan band kar k ghar beh k wi rabb nu yaad kitta jaa sakda,,,, haan kayi waari, mann di shanti lyi gurudware jana changa lagda :pr

DBF

Mad
my theory is diff acc to my experience, no one will agree with this
its like in advance(week or months).. (everything like pooja path mandir visits and all).. your present will reflect the future!
so u stop anything today, it will affect u later in future..

*Sippu*

*FrOzEn TeARs*
Don't know ajj kal ghat he jahi da :-)

Mein sachi dasdi kyun jani mein gurdware..

I used to go derr jad koi scholer aheya hove
Or evening time jad koi na hove .. Peacefull ^.^

Ohna nu sunnan ..ke may be kuj sikhan nu mil jave . Bt hun mein bus khan peehn jani

Coz i just hate jad koi avde views das ke chale janda and ju can,t even raise your hand to ask dem questions fir ehve dil free ch ubaale khanda rehnda

I hope ke kadi eh frontal teaching style khatam hove te dey can discuss wid ppl./ ppl can discuss wid dem

Jothe kuj sikhan nu milda othe jana chahida.. Jida school jana chahida :dts

→ ✰ Dead . UnP ✰ ←

→ Pendu ✰ ←
Staff member
Ik bache nu skool kio jaana painda kio ki oh sab kuj ghar bethe nahi jaan sakda

Ese karkey gur da sikh v ghar bethe sab kuj appne dharm bare nayi jaan sakda
Bhaout kuj hunda guru ghar ja key sikken li tey karan lee

Tussi joda ghar jake seva karo , langer di seva , safayia

Eh cheeza ghare ni hundiya seva karni v bhaout waddi gaal aa !!

Bhamen v mandir ch jaande oh v sikkdey

Maan v saaf rakho !!

I am spiritual rather than religious.. I don't go to temples as they get too noisy ... either go to a gurudwara or dargah .. that too only cuz its peaceful & brings peace to me, not to offer prayers.. I think its not necessary to visit any place of religion unless it adds value to your state of mind and never out of greed or fear

Hmm!! you don't smile when you see your temple or gurudwara full of devotee's? So noise and lot of crowd turns you off?? well! i rather spend time in this noise where the only name chanted is "one God" rather than having hard time in my after life.
You know its very noisy and crowed in hell :p

Agar hun thoreh thaake khaa laye ta koi gal nahi :) at least ageh ta nahi milan geh

I smile when I see people who are "seeker of truth" are taking time out of their busy lives to spend time with "Guru Granth Sahib" Mere guru de ghar einni raunak hundi hai...mainu khushi hundi dhek ke. Raab kareh eivveh hi raunak laggi rahe :)

Reactions: DBF
Ik bache nu skool kio jaana painda kio ki oh sab kuj ghar bethe nahi jaan sakda

Ese karkey gur da sikh v ghar bethe sab kuj appne dharm bare nayi jaan sakda
Bhaout kuj hunda guru ghar ja key sikken li tey karan lee

Tussi joda ghar jake seva karo , langer di seva , safayia

Eh cheeza ghare ni hundiya seva karni v bhaout waddi gaal aa !!

Bhamen v mandir ch jaande oh v sikkdey

Maan v saaf rakho !!
Totally agree with you Bro.
People who say we are spiritual and going to gurudwara or mandir or mosque will not make any difference because they know "it all". Do you know the definition of spirituality? What spirituality given to the world?
I can tell you what religion gave to the world. Language, art, music, great architectural buildings and great revolutions. Spiritual people are calm, peaceful, they have authentic kindness, they have a big heart. The five evils (Lust, Rage, Greed, Attachments to worldly goods, Arrogance) are no where to be seen. if you have all this...than call yourself "spiritual" otherwise please don't ever call yourself spiritual. You can call yourself "seeker of truth" on a very harsh journey which is full of confusion to achieve the enlightenment of spirituality.
I am spiritual but I get high sometimes. I am spiritual...but I drink. I am spiritual...but I love partying. Eiveh har dhuki teeki aapne aap nu spiritual boli janda.
ਮਾਥੇ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਹਥਿ ਮਾਲਾ ਬਾਨਾਂ॥
ਲੋਗਨ ਰਾਮ ਖਿਲਾਉਨਾ ਜਾਨਾਂ॥
its only worth going to gurudwara or mandir if you chant on the word of one god ੴ
ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਕੈਸੀ ਜਾਣਐ॥
ਜਿਥੈ ਏਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਖਾਣੀਐ॥

Well, this is a my first ever thread in this category as just bit worried to ask, encourage everyone to participate & thanking for anticipation.

My question is do we really need to go any temple, gurdwaras, mosque or church?
I mean is this really an important?

Thanks

If you don't want to find out your true purpose in life than you shouldn't even ask this question to begin with. If you are curious and want to find your true purpose in life...than you need to seek the truth. For that, yes you would have to move out of your comfort zone to see what is out there.
I was reading about this guy who first climbed mount Everest. He said, "What is the use of climbing this mountain? The answer really is that it is no use. There is no slightest prospect of gain. Maybe we will learn little about human behavior or human body at a higher altitude. Otherwise nothing will come out of it. I know there is no gold, no diamond on the peek of this mountain. I am not going to find something extra ordinary. There is no single bit of earth to plant and grow something there. I might die before reaching the peek. Why did i bother leaving my house.
You cannot understand that there is something in a man which response to the challenge of this mountain and goes out to meet it. The struggle is the struggle of life itself...just upward and forever upwad. Its a sheer joy and joy is after all is the end of life. "

These types of dare devils hang out with their "sangat" where they interact with same thinkers of their caliber and feel belonged. That is the same for a Gursikh, who has to see his Guru and fellow Gursikh and
It is important. Honestly go to gurudwara and pray everyday front of SGGS and ask that you are a seeker of truth and please be kind and guide me on this journey. You will notice that in few weeks of doing this prayer.. you will start to meet people who are religious/spiritual. You will browse the net and will find articles on a higher being. you will end up on sites showing the cosmo..some milky way galaxies. Or some random picture of a little tiny creature on the bottom of ocean eating its meal..where life simple cannot exist. You will feel at peace when you are among the group of wise Gursikhs...you will eventually start reading literature and books on sikhi.

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
Is this really important to go temple or Gurdwara?
Not really.......but sangat of nice GurSikhs is important, it can shape and define your life.

bhjai ...u added "nice" wch made it a different statement ...but "Sangat" and "satsang" de naam uper jina fareb hoea ...te ho reha.... ena ajj tak nai hoea...thnu v pata k so called deras and gurdawarea vich kida da sangg aa te kida da sattt aa lol
ultimately nanak never went to any place looking for sat sang nor any of sikh gurus established any gurdwara

pps309

Prime VIP
bhjai ...u added "nice" wch made it a different statement ...but "Sangat" and "satsang" de naam uper jina fareb hoea ...te ho reha.... ena ajj tak nai hoea...thnu v pata k so called deras and gurdawarea vich kida da sangg aa te kida da sattt aa lol
ultimately nanak never went to any place looking for sat sang nor any of sikh gurus established any gurdwara

Beshak aj kal satsang de naa te v fareb ho raya.......my dear brother, Guru de naa te fareb ho raya, Rabb nu pathar ch paake bhecya jaa raya, kitte sonne da rabb vikda..........Fareb taa sarre passe aa.

Fareb to darde asli satsangat karni ta ni bhul sakde. It's like, accident to darde drive karni shad do :)

Je appa sache aa te sacheya de naal jurr jana, jhutteya ne apne aap durr ho jana.

Royal Singh

Prime VIP
mr vip fakeer paji tusi bahut changa likhiya but mauf karna tuadi grezi ch kafi grammar errors & spelling mistakes hoon karke kite kite meno samajh nai aya.
acha eh v gal clear kardo jehna ne amrit shakiya hunda (guru wale ban jande) menu lagda ohna ch ghamand ah janda te soch de ne asi hun rabb nu pah leya te sada koi v kuch nai bigad sakda te asi jo marzi kariye kuch nai hunda. kyo k enj hunda mei aap akhi wekhiya hoya te ehi sach hai but tusi ki kehna chaunchde ho?

halan ke mei bahut wada paapi ah te aje v paap kari janda te es da fal v bhukat reha, ki gurdware jaa ke sab thik ho jao?