eaeko saevee avar n dhoojaa ||2||
poojaa karo n nivaaj gujaaro ||
eaek nira(n)kaar lae ridhai namasakaaro ||3||
naa ham hi(n)dhoo n musalamaan ||
aleh raam kae pi(n)dd paraan ||4||
kahu kabeer eihu keeaa vakhaanaa ||
gur peer mil khudh khasam pashhaanaa ||5||3||

Bhairao, Fifth Mehla:
I do not keep fasts, nor do I observe the month of Ramadaan.
I serve only the One, who will protect me in the end. ||1||
The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.
He adminsters justice to both Hindus and Muslims. ||1||Pause||
I do not make pilgrimages to Mecca, nor do I worship at Hindu sacred shrines.
I serve the One Lord, and not any other. ||2||
I do not perform Hindu worship services, nor do I offer the Muslim prayers.
I have taken the One Formless Lord into my heart; I humbly worship Him there. ||3||
I am not a Hindu, nor am I a Muslim.
My body and breath of life belong to Allah - to Raam - the God of both. ||4||
Says Kabeer, this is what I say:
meeting with the Guru, my Spiritual Teacher, I realize God, my Lord and Master. ||5||3||

i don't think i need to say anything more. you guys are yourself quite intelligent, i hope.

THANKS

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
nice thread dear, THE CLUES are in DASSAM GRANTH, whethere we are hindus or sikhs,, jado guru ji ne 5 sees mange, baki te argumentative hai,, har ik bande da different opinion hoye ga, jo uss da moral right v hai,

mera apna khiyal hai,,, jiss de karan sade dada guru teg bahadur ji ne sees dita, assin ohna to aalag nahi aa,, jis nation di khatir bhagat singh, kartar sarabha ji, te udham singh jahe veeran ne jaan diti mein te uss nation di izzat kardi aa,, naa karoongi te ohna shaheedan di shaheedi da ki matlab rahega, bina mol to beete sameh ch gayab ho jange,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ramta

- -
- -

Da Tiwana,

What Kabir says in that verse is a Hindu thought...

Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Guru Devo Maheshwara
Guru Sakshath Parambrahma Tasmai Shri Gurave Namaha
Guru is creator Brahma; Guru is preserver Vishnu; Guru is also the destroyer Siva
and he is the source of the Absolute. I offer all my salutations to the Guru.
- - - - - Adi Shankara

Tirath kiye phal ek Sant mile phal chaar
Guru mile phal anek hai kahat Kabir vichaar.
- - - - - Kabir

Guru and God both appear before me. To whom should I prostrate?
I bow before Guru who introduced God to me.
- - - - - Kabir

It's my great fortune that I found Satguru, all my doubts are removed.
I bow before Guru. Guru's glory is greater than God's.
- - - - - Brahmanand

Guru is Shiva sans his three eyes,
Vishnu sans his four arms
Brahma sans his four heads.
He is parama Shiva himself in human form
- - - - - Brahmananda Purana

Guru and God both appear before me. To whom should I prostrate?
I bow before Guru who introduced God to me.
- - - - - Kabir

Guru, God and Self are one.
- - - - - Ramana Maharshi

What is the nature of Guru's grace? It is beyond thought and word. Then how can it be said that the devotee realises his true Being by virtue of the Guru's grace? It is like the elephant which wakes up on seeing a lion in its dream. Even as the elephant wakes up at the mere sight of the lion, so too is it certain that the disciple wakes up from the sleep of ignorance to the knowledge of Real. It is true and certain.

The grace of the Guru is like an ocean. If one comes with a cup he will only get a cupful. It is no use complaining of the niggardliness of the ocean. The bigger the vessel the more one will be able to carry. It is entirely up to him

Rain-water falling upon the roof of a house flows down to the ground through spouts shaped grotesquely like the tiger's head. One gets the impression that the water flows from the tiger's mouth, but in reality it descends from the sky. In the same way the holy teachings that comes from the mouth of godly men (Gurus) seem to be uttered by those men themselves, while in reality they proceed from God.
- - - - - Ramakrishna

"The misguided ones who delight in the melodious chanting of the Veda - without understanding the real purpose of the Vedas - think, O Arjuna, as if there is nothing else in the Vedas except the rituals for the sole purpose of obtaining heavenly enjoyment."
(2.42, Bhagvat-Geeta)

"They are dominated by material desires, and consider the attainment of heaven as the highest goal of life. They engage in specific rites for the sake of prosperity and enjoyment. Rebirth is the result of their action."
(2.43, Bhagvat-Geeta)

"The resolute determination of Self-realization is not formed in the minds of those who are attached to pleasure and power, and whose judgment is obscured by ritualistic activities." (2.44, Bhagvat-Geeta)

"A person with realization has that much utility in all the Vedas as a man has in a well when there is a flood all around."
(2.46, Bhagvat-Geeta)

"The wise who knows the Self as bodiless within the bodies, as unchanging among changing things, as great and omnipresent, does never grieve.'
'That Self cannot be gained by the Veda, nor by understanding, nor by much learning. He whom the Self chooses, by him the Self can be gained. The Self chooses him (his body) as his own."
(Katha-Upanishad)

"This world is spectacle and you are its spectator. You make even Brahma, Vishnu and Shambhu dance to your tune. Even these latter know not your secret; who else can know you?"
(Tulsidas, Ram Charit Manas)

"He is as sharp as countless millions of Sarswatis, and posses the creative skills of millions of Brhamas. Again he is as good preserver as millions of Vishnus and as thorough destroyer as millions of Rudras. He is as good supporter of the universe as millions of Shesha naga. In short, Lord Sri Rama, sovereign of universe, is infinite and incomparable"
( Tulsidas, Ram Charit Manas)

"The Divine Thread started everything.
The knower of the Thread is a yogi, his Knowledge is beyond the scope of the Vedas.
Pearls stringed together form an ornament. The Divine Thread holds together the Universe.
The Yogi wears this Thread when he becomes aware of his Divinity.
Established in highest state of Yoga, the yogi discards the external thread.
The wearer of the Thread of Knowledge is never unclean. The Thread exists within him.
Knowledge is the greatest purifier."
(Brahma Upanishad)

"There is no heaven, no final liberation, nor any soul in another world,
Nor do the actions of the four castes, etc., produce any real effect.
The Agnihotra, the three Vedas, the ascetic's three staves, and smearing one's self with ashes,
Were made by Nature as the livelihood or those destitute of knowledge and manliness."
(Savradarshana Samgraha)

The Principles of Sikhi are a restatement of Sanatan-Dharma.

Thanks

- -

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)
am sorry to say buddy, i dunno what other granths say and i do respect them, but they may be false may be true.
if you want to put some point, then put it by using SGGS ji or else just sta quite.

THANKS

J@tti

..Majajan..
If you are a sikh, you are a sikh.. how can you follow 2 religions at a time ... or well may be you are multi tasking when it comes to following religions as well .. aaj kal de jawak.. tauba tauba :roll

Ramta

22 ji i dont have that much time to read this...
but just tell me one thing...

do u believe in god...
if yes than let other people believe as they want to...
if not..then u have no right to tell these religious things to other people...

There is no compulsion on you to believe in what I will say.
You have no right to run a fraud on your own children either.

Thanks

- -
- -

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)
am sorry to say bulla, but it seems you have been livin in alife of fraud man.
try to come out of it, we are all here to help you out. you can do it, believe in yourself.

MAVERICK

There is no compulsion on you to believe in what I will say.
You have no right to run a fraud on your own children either.

Thanks

- -
- -

what does this means in ur sophisticated language...
plz dont give me any more topics to read on..just give me ur answer not from any granth or upnishdas....

Ramta

If you are a sikh, you are a sikh.. how can you follow 2 religions at a time ... or well may be you are multi tasking when it comes to following religions as well .. aaj kal de jawak.. tauba tauba :roll

Tha same way you follow nanaks anti-ritual principles on the one hand
and Guru Gobind Singhs highly ritualized and codified Khalsa order...

The Granth is everything that the Khalsa is not!
The Khalsa is everything that Sikhism is not!
Sikhism didn't codify the Khalsa . Guru Gobind Singh did.
Sikhism is a Faith and is anti-ritual. Khalsa is an organisation and is all about riruals and codes...
...the five K's, tying up Kesh in a particular manner,'do-this-and-don't-do-that'...

Please explain.

Thanks

- -
- -

Sikhism is a Faith and is anti-ritual. Khalsa is an organisation and is all about riruals and codes...
...the five K's, tying up Kesh in a particular manner,'do-this-and-don't-do-that'...

Please explain.

Thanks

- -
- -

wts wrong if Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave distinct identity to sikhs???? how u can say khalsa is everything that sikhism is not???? Sikhi didnt codify khalsa but sikhi also said to follow guru's path nd our 10th Guru created khalsa....Guru Gobind Singh Ji appointed SGGS our next guru....no doubt we have to follow SGGS but where in SGGS written to forbid previous guru's teachings??????????? i think u havnt proper knowledge of sikhi....guru Gobind Singh Ji said many things in his lifetime....nd every K has a significant value anyway......i

Ramta

- -
- -

wts wrong if Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave distinct identity to sikhs???? how u can say khalsa is everything that sikhism is not???? Sikhi didnt codify khalsa but sikhi also said to follow guru's path nd our 10th Guru created khalsa....Guru Gobind Singh Ji appointed SGGS our next guru....no doubt we have to follow SGGS but where in SGGS written to forbid previous guru's teachings??????????? i think u havnt proper knowledge of sikhi....guru Gobind Singh Ji said many things in his lifetime....nd every K has a significant value anyway......i

I admit Guru Gobind singh gave a distinct identity to those who would follow the
Khalsa order but he never forced his new discipline on all Sikhs.

The reason he didn't include the doctrine of the five kakar's in the Guru Granth is because
he was probably aware that it contradicts the anti ritual/codes-principles of Nanak.

And I never said its written in the Guru Granth to forbit previous Guru's teachings.
What i said is ther Khalsa order contradicts previous Guru's teachings.
Read my pots carefully.

The concept of Miri and Piri as the need of society was articulated by Guru Har-Gobind but was
codified by the tenth Guru whereby he seperated the Miri from the Piri and thats how it should remain.

Thanks

- -
- -

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala

Please explain.

Thanks

- -
- -
Guru Nanak Devji said tht whoever gets the Gur-gaddi after him, Sikhs will have to follow the path shown by each Guru...so wht Guru Gobind SInghji set new standards and gave us a distinctive identity, which we are willing to follow, we dont need u and ur irresponsible remarks and ur numerous attempts to wander us away frm r beliefs....smirk

Ramta

- -
- -

Guru Nanak Devji said tht whoever gets the Gur-gaddi after him, Sikhs will have to follow the path shown by each Guru...so wht Guru Gobind SInghji set new standards and gave us a distinctive identity, which we are willing to follow, we dont need u and ur irresponsible remarks and ur numerous attempts to wander us away frm r beliefs....smirk

If one has to go purely by the principles of Nanak and Sikhi it would be impossible to agree that
Nanak ever was in favor of some 'gaddi system'. Leave alone having passed the gaddi after him,
he simply was the personage who would himself accept some gaddi.
Simply unbelievable.

The pronciples of Nanak and his Sikhi are all derived from the Bhakti
movement of medieval India (800-1700).

The word bhakti is derived from Bhakta meaning to serve, honour, revere,
love and adore. In the religious idiom, it is attachment or fervent devotion
to God and is defined as "that particular affection which is generated by
the knowledge of the attributes of the Adorable One."

The concept is traceable to the Vedas where its intimations are audible in
the hymns addressed to deities such as Varuna, Savitra and Usha.
However, the word bhakti does not occur there. The word occurs for the
first time in the Upanisads where it appears with the co-doctrines of grace
and self surrender. ( Heritage of the Sikhs, Harbans Singh)

Bhakti yoga
is a term within Hinduism which denotes the spiritual practice of fostering of loving devotion to God, called bhakti.
Traditionally there are nine forms of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti yoga is generally considered the easiest of the four general
paths to liberation, or moksha (the others being Karma, Raja and Jnana Yoga), and especially so within the
current age of Kali yuga
(according to the Hindu cycle of time). In scriptures such as the Bhagavata Purana, bhakti is described as
a perfectional stage in itself which surpasses even moksha as a level of spiritual realisation.
Hindu movements in which bhakti yoga is the main practice are called bhakti movements.

Bhakti is the Sanskrit term that signifies a blissful, selfless and overwhelming love of God as the beloved
Father, Mother, Child, Friend or whichever relationship or personal aspect of God that finds appeal in the
devotee's heart. Bhakti incorporates a number of universal principles, also common in other world religions.

The 'Bhakti-rasamrita-sindhu' (written by Rupa Gosvami) gives the following as the nine primary activities of bhakti,
with the instruction that by following all, or just one, of these activities perfectly the aspiring devotee can
achieve pure love of God:

Hearing about the Lord - singing & chanting God's names (japa),
hearing stories from scripture.
Glorifying the Lord - describing God's all-attractive features.
Remembering the Lord - internal meditation on the Lord's form,
activities, names or personality.
Serving the lotus feet of the Lord - providing a form of physical service.
Worshiping the Lord - deity worship (puja) is a popular form of this within India.
Offering prayers to the Lord - any form of prayer offered to please God.
Serving the Lord - offering a service for Lord's pleasure, such as preaching activity.
Building a friendship with the Lord - having an internal, loving relationship with God.
Surrendering everything unto the Lord - surrendering one's thoughts, actions and deeds to God.

(All this sounds familiar, doesn't it?)

The scriptural source of these nine primary forms of bhakti is a verse in the Bhagavata Purana, spoken by Prahlada:

Prahlada Maharaja said: "Hearing and chanting about the transcendental holy name, form, qualities, paraphernalia and
pastimes of Lord Vi??u, remembering them, serving the lotus feet of the Lord, offering the Lord respectful worship with
sixteen types of paraphernalia, offering prayers to the Lord, becoming His servant, considering the Lord one's
best friend, and surrendering everything unto Him (in other words, serving Him with the body, mind and words)
— these nine processes are accepted as pure devotional service. One who has dedicated his life to the
service of Krisna through these nine methods should be understood to be the most learned person,
for he has acquired complete knowledge."

These nine principles of devotional service are described as helping the devotee remain constantly in touch with God.
The processes of japa and internal meditation on the aspirant devotees's chosen deity form (ishta deva) are especially
popular in most bhakti schools. Bhakti is a yoga path, in that its aim is a form of divine, loving union with the
Supreme Lord. The exact form of the Lord, or type of union varies between the different schools, but the essence
of each process is very similar.

And this is precisely what Nanak restatement of Hindu philosophy came to be about.
One may also call it Sikhi.

Check out 'nice read...'

Thanks

- -
- -

pps309

Prime VIP
Guru Gobind Singh has not introduced a single ritual which Guru Nanak asked us to stop.
Secondly things introduced by Guru Gobind Singh has meaning and rational logic behind that.
If you have doubt about any rule/discipline introduction by Guru Gobind Singh please mail me your doubts, I will reply to you.

You are wrong here.
Khalsa means pure, spiritually pure, pure by Karma, pure physically.
Khalsa is not only Bana, Khalsa is more about discipline......its not ritual which is pain to follow. It is a discipline which gives a new way to live life.
discipline is must in evrything so is in Khalsa.
Don't drink...do not smoke.........do not keep your hair open flying in the air and messing the full place...don't involve in illegitimate sex, do treat equally to all, do good deeds. do fight against injustice......
If all these seems to be ritual to you then I am sorry for you....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, waheguru Ji ki Fateh

Please explain.

Thanks

- -
- -
please check the explanation above.

- -
- -

If one has to go purely by the principles of Nanak and Sikhi it would be impossible to agree that
Nanak ever was in favor of some 'gaddi system'. Leave alone having passed the gaddi after him,
Simply unbelievable.

- -

- -

22 tu kush jada hi siana lagda mainu........btw ih jama galat hai balke kora jhooth v aakh sakde

Ramta

- -

Simply unbelievable.

The pronciples of Nanak and his Sikhi are all derived from the Bhakti
movement of medieval India (800-1700).

The word bhakti is derived from Bhakta meaning to serve, honour, revere,
love and adore. In the religious idiom, it is attachment or fervent devotion
to God and is defined as "that particular affection which is generated by
the knowledge of the attributes of the Adorable One."

The concept is traceable to the Vedas where its intimations are audible in
the hymns addressed to deities such as Varuna, Savitra and Usha.
However, the word bhakti does not occur there. The word occurs for the
first time in the Upanisads where it appears with the co-doctrines of grace
and self surrender. ( Heritage of the Sikhs, Harbans Singh)

Bhakti yoga
is a term within Hinduism which denotes the spiritual practice of fostering of loving devotion to God, called bhakti.
Traditionally there are nine forms of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti yoga is generally considered the easiest of the four general
paths to liberation, or moksha (the others being Karma, Raja and Jnana Yoga), and especially so within the
current age of Kali yuga
(according to the Hindu cycle of time). In scriptures such as the Bhagavata Purana, bhakti is described as
a perfectional stage in itself which surpasses even moksha as a level of spiritual realisation.
Hindu movements in which bhakti yoga is the main practice are called bhakti movements.

Bhakti is the Sanskrit term that signifies a blissful, selfless and overwhelming love of God as the beloved
Father, Mother, Child, Friend or whichever relationship or personal aspect of God that finds appeal in the
devotee's heart. Bhakti incorporates a number of universal principles, also common in other world religions.

The 'Bhakti-rasamrita-sindhu' (written by Rupa Gosvami) gives the following as the nine primary activities of bhakti,
with the instruction that by following all, or just one, of these activities perfectly the aspiring devotee can
achieve pure love of God:

Hearing about the Lord - singing & chanting God's names (japa),
hearing stories from scripture.
Glorifying the Lord - describing God's all-attractive features.
Remembering the Lord - internal meditation on the Lord's form,
activities, names or personality.
Serving the lotus feet of the Lord - providing a form of physical service.
Worshiping the Lord - deity worship (puja) is a popular form of this within India.
Offering prayers to the Lord - any form of prayer offered to please God.
Serving the Lord - offering a service for Lord's pleasure, such as preaching activity.
Building a friendship with the Lord - having an internal, loving relationship with God.
Surrendering everything unto the Lord - surrendering one's thoughts, actions and deeds to God.

(All this sounds familiar, doesn't it?)

The scriptural source of these nine primary forms of bhakti is a verse in the Bhagavata Purana, spoken by Prahlada:

Prahlada Maharaja said: "Hearing and chanting about the transcendental holy name, form, qualities, paraphernalia and
pastimes of Lord Vi??u, remembering them, serving the lotus feet of the Lord, offering the Lord respectful worship with
sixteen types of paraphernalia, offering prayers to the Lord, becoming His servant, considering the Lord one's
best friend, and surrendering everything unto Him (in other words, serving Him with the body, mind and words)
— these nine processes are accepted as pure devotional service. One who has dedicated his life to the
service of Krisna through these nine methods should be understood to be the most learned person,
for he has acquired complete knowledge."

These nine principles of devotional service are described as helping the devotee remain constantly in touch with God.
The processes of japa and internal meditation on the aspirant devotees's chosen deity form (ishta deva) are especially
popular in most bhakti schools. Bhakti is a yoga path, in that its aim is a form of divine, loving union with the
Supreme Lord. The exact form of the Lord, or type of union varies between the different schools, but the essence
of each process is very similar.

And this is precisely what Nanak restatement of Hindu philosophy came to be about.
One may also call it Sikhi.

Check out 'nice read...'

Thanks- -
- -

If you don't want to be a Hindu nobody can force you to be one. There are Hindu's
who don't want to be Hindu after all. The communists for one. But I too am a Sikh
and I never and nor do anyone in my family allow some semi literate Granthi to
interpret Sikh scripture for us. We do that on our own. "Guru Manyo Granth" is
what the Dasam-Pitah said and that's precisely what he meant. He never did mean
"Guru Manyo SGPC/Granthi". And after having gone through the scripture
any one can tell that Nanak was not bringing any new covenant from some
God(He himself never claimed to) but only discovering what was already there.
Nanak did not invent Sikhi. He discovered it. Come to think of it Sikhi was actually
discovered by Kabir, Namdev, Tirlochan etc. all of whom existed when Nanak was
not even born. And also all the things these people talked about existed before them.

"Ekam Sat, Viprah Bahudha Vadanti".
(There is only one truth, only men describe it in different ways).
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]- - - The Rig Veda - - - [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]"The Divine Thread started everything. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]The knower of the Thread is a yogi, his Knowledge is beyond the scope of the Vedas. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Pearls stringed together form an ornament. The Divine Thread holds together the Universe. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]The Yogi wears this Thread when he becomes aware of his Divinity. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Established in highest state of Yoga, the yogi discards the external thread. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]The wearer of the Thread of Knowledge is never unclean. The Thread exists within him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Knowledge is the greatest purifier."[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]- - - Brahma Upanishad - - - [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]"The misguided ones who delight in the melodious chanting of the [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Veda - without understanding the real purpose of the Vedas - think, [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]O Arjuna, as if there is nothing else in the Vedas except the rituals [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]for the sole purpose of obtaining heavenly enjoyment." [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]- - - 2.42 - The Geeta - - - [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]"To a Self-realized person the Vedas are as useful as a small reservoir of [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]water when the water of a huge lake becomes available." [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]- - - 2.46 - The Geeta - - - [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]"There is no heaven, no final liberation, nor any soul in another world,
Nor do the actions of the four castes, etc., produce any real effect.
The Agnihotra, the three Vedas, the ascetic's three staves, and smearing one's self with ashes,
Were made by Nature as the livelihood or those destitute of knowledge and manliness."
- - - Savradarshana Samgraha - - -[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]There is nothing new in Sikhism.
The principles Nanak followed are very much and decidedly Hindu.

You can read further under the thread "Nice read..." ( CLICK )

Thanks[/FONT]

- -
- -
- -