is religion necessary??

is religion necessary to become a gud person..or to have a sound moral centre
do atheists lack moral values .. is faith necessary for normal healthy system of ethics nd personal conduct :sim

i dun noe..i've been evolved in a way that if i say i dun blv in God.. i'd b considered a bad person.. does that opinion of mine makes me a bad person.. :rolleyes:

mystique21

Ar0210100-1.png

chardi kala vich rhiye

HaRdCoRe BiOtEcHnOlOgIsT
.........eh sb religion ta saanu rabb naal jodn lyi bnaaye c..............pr kise hor gall naal ni jodn lgg pye ne ajj kal.......................

Western Atheist’s Take On Sikhi SOULBRIDES’ KITCHEN

It's not neccessary but certainly helps u see the good in others. In my opinion, its the pinnacle of being a total humanitarian.
i don't see that happening in our society..

This might be of topic but here is an interesting discussion......

What are the Thoughts of a Dying Atheist?

Athiest = fear of death
Sikh = accepts his fate...i.e less torment during last times.
for some reason this made no sense to me..

I guess in some cases religion does help.....:rolleyes:
i see it harming more than helping :pop its more like an institute of exploitation affecting most ppl's life directly or indirectly:pop it jusss refrains ppl from thinking rationally :pop
.....:w

Just because someone is not following something does not mean it's irrational.

The way our society is structured......it caters to our impulses....or greediness.....whereas the whole point of sikhism is to establish total control over that rather than feeding those impulses.... plus measure your actions and their represcussions.

Maybe you need to get in touch with real Gursikhs or Gurmat a lil more to see that happening.

Can you please define what's rational thinking according to you and how you think religion bars you from thinking that way????

and then i'll reply to the rest of ur post from there.

Just because someone is not following something does not mean it's irrational.

The way our society is structured......it caters to our impulses....or greediness.....whereas the whole point of sikhism is to establish total control over that rather than feeding those impulses.... plus measure your actions and their represcussions.

Maybe you need to get in touch with real Gursikhs or Gurmat a lil more to see that happening.

Can you please define what's rational thinking according to you and how you think religion bars you from thinking that way????

forming opinions based on logical reasoning and strong evidence widout inclining towards preconcieved notions is what i call rational thinking hunnie;)

first irrational theory of religion -> adam and eve story ..:lol it kinda makes me laugh now :em

Well why do we need the existence of God and religion anyway..:dn
If there really was one God then y do we have different religions? and why r these religions so different from each other? how do you know which one's right or which one's better for you? do you jus pick and choose?
worshipping sun/moon/sitare yeh woh filana dhimkana.. howz that rational..blving in angels taht take care of us .. how is that rational?
why does one creation of God fail to accept another creation of that same God (example - gays :p).. how come all religions contradict so much if theres only one god:pop

i wonder if im goin offtopic:em