how sikh turns into singh?

userid50966

mere veero ik bahut khas galh walh thoda dhyan devon chona han
kaee trahn dian glahn hundian nea khalse de janam nu lakeaa sikh ton singh bannan tak par meh apnea veeran tea bhena ton eh puchna choona han ke 1699 nu viasakhi walea dinh exactly ki hoyea
pls apnea vichar pargat karo eh jannanmere layee bahut jaroori hai

13 April 1699 = KHALSA! (L)
In Anandpur Sahib
Sikh Men = Singh surname
Sikh Women = Kaur as surname

There was Panj Pyaaree
Panj Pyaare where going to Amrit dharie
tO Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj
&&. When they where Amrit dharie
Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj did also amrit chakna by Panj Pyaaree

Panj Pyaaree had Symbol;
5 k's = kesh, kirpan, kacha, kara, kangha

I did it shortcut

sorry if I am wrong

Bhull Chuk Maafi Ji

WAHEGURU!!! :rose

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
In early 1699, few months before the Vaisakhi Day, Guru Gobind Rai sent a special invitation to the Sikhs all over the country to join the special Vaisakhi Divan in the town of Anandpur Sahib (also known as “Kes-Garh Sahib”) in the Punjab state of India. He asked them not to cut any of their hair and to come with their turbans on.

Masses of people turned up on the day. Guru Ji welcomed everyone and reminded them of their duty, commitment, loyalty and faith. Then to everyone’s surprise, Guru Ji withdrew his long sword and said in a very powerful voice “Who will be brave enough to come forward to offer me a head? ”. Guru Ji asked for sacrifice of head (body & soul) in order to ensure that the Sikhs met the first condition for receiving Amrit (Surrendering the self-pride and ego). No one expected this to happen. This amazed and horrified many. There was a pin drop silence. Some people were looking for the way to escape. No one came forward. Guru Ji repeated this three times. Out of many thousand, a Sikh named Bhai Daya Ram came in front of Guru Ji with head bowed and hands folded. Firstly, he apologised for not responding earlier on and then humbly uttered that his body & soul belonged to the Guru. Guru Ji took him into a tent. A few minutes later the crowd heard a big THUD! Then Guru Gobind Singh Ji came back with blood-smeared sword. He said the same words again and then another Sikh named Bhai Dharam Das offered himself. On Guru Ji’s demand, three more Sikhs came forward. Their names were Bhai Muhkam Chand, Bhai Himat Rai, Bhai Sahib Chand.

This time Guru Gobind Singh Ji took much longer to return from the tent. The crowd was getting anxious. The ruling emperor Aurangzeb had sent his spy to closely monitor the event. He just managed to catch the glimpses of the heads separated from the bodies inside the tent. Outside the tent, there was eagerness but suddenly to everyone’s surprise, Guru Ji came out of the tent with the five Sikhs all wearing beautiful coloured robes and their appearance was just the same as the Guru’s. Guru Ji announced that the five Sikhs have shown great courage and loyalty by offering heads for their faith and from now they will be known as the “Five Beloved Ones” (Panj -Piyare).

Next, Guru Gobind Singh Ji prepared the Amrit, Guru Ji gave five palms full of Amrit to drink (for internal/mind’s purification), sprinkled five times into their eyes (to see good) and five times into their hairs (regard hair as God’s Will / Wisdom), each time making them repeat after him “WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH” meaning Khalsa was creation of God and God has been victorious in the creation of Khalsa”. This demonstrated Guru Ji’s humility where He disclaimed any credit for the creation of Khalsa to himself rather proclaimed it to be God’s own deed.

The remaining Amrit was drank by the Panj Piyare from the same bowl which was a revolution in the history in that although being from different classes and caste (see below), they accepted to be the members of the same class that was “Khalsa Panth”, Guru Gobind Singh Ji as their father and Mata Sahib Kaur as their mother. In order to prove the significance of this event, it is reminded that the people from low classes were not allowed to enter the religious buildings, nor were they given any dignity as human beings. In fact, animals were treated better than low class people i.e. animals could live in the homes of higher class people but low classed person was not even allowed to pass through the street where so called superior class lived.

“Singh” (Lion) & “Kaur” (Princess) were appended to the male & female members respectively of the Khalsa Panth for identification through their names.

The Guru knelt down before the Panj Piyare and requested them to give him Amrit, so that he could become member of the Khalsa Panth as well.This signified that the Guru gave all the glory to the Khalsa. This also showed importance of Amrit which Guru did not want himself to be deprived of. That is why Guru Ji is referred as “Aape Gur Chela (“Awpy gur cylw”)which meansHe was the Guru and disciple himself i.e. He had no ego to consider himself disciple of the Khalsa. He declared that there was no difference between him and Khalsa.
Guru Gobind Rai now became Guru Gobind Singh. It is worth mentioning here that the Muslim spy sent by the emperor saw the entire event and it left him spell bound. He took Amrit and was named as Gurbakhash Singh. He later sent his resignation to the emperor and said that how foolish he had been to have worked against a God sent person Guru Gobind Singh Ji. He would hope that his sins will be forgiven.
On the day, many thousand Sikhs took Amrit and became member of Khalsa Panth. Code of conduct for the Sikhs (Reht) was established and the Sikhs were given unique identity through possession of 5 essential items as part of their uniform for unique identity, all beginning with letter “K” and were termed as 5K’s i.e. Kes (uncut hair), Kangha (wooden Comb), Karha (Iron ring worn on the wrist), Kirpan (6-12" sword), Kachhehra (baggy shorts).

userid50966

In early 1699, few months before the Vaisakhi Day, Guru Gobind Rai sent a special invitation to the Sikhs all over the country to join the special Vaisakhi Divan in the town of Anandpur Sahib (also known as “Kes-Garh Sahib”) in the Punjab state of India. He asked them not to cut any of their hair and to come with their turbans on.

Masses of people turned up on the day. Guru Ji welcomed everyone and reminded them of their duty, commitment, loyalty and faith. Then to everyone’s surprise, Guru Ji withdrew his long sword and said in a very powerful voice “Who will be brave enough to come forward to offer me a head? ”. Guru Ji asked for sacrifice of head (body & soul) in order to ensure that the Sikhs met the first condition for receiving Amrit (Surrendering the self-pride and ego). No one expected this to happen. This amazed and horrified many. There was a pin drop silence. Some people were looking for the way to escape. No one came forward. Guru Ji repeated this three times. Out of many thousand, a Sikh named Bhai Daya Ram came in front of Guru Ji with head bowed and hands folded. Firstly, he apologised for not responding earlier on and then humbly uttered that his body & soul belonged to the Guru. Guru Ji took him into a tent. A few minutes later the crowd heard a big THUD! Then Guru Gobind Singh Ji came back with blood-smeared sword. He said the same words again and then another Sikh named Bhai Dharam Das offered himself. On Guru Ji’s demand, three more Sikhs came forward. Their names were Bhai Muhkam Chand, Bhai Himat Rai, Bhai Sahib Chand.
This time Guru Gobind Singh Ji took much longer to return from the tent. The crowd was getting anxious. The ruling emperor Aurangzeb had sent his spy to closely monitor the event. He just managed to catch the glimpses of the heads separated from the bodies inside the tent. Outside the tent, there was eagerness but suddenly to everyone’s surprise, Guru Ji came out of the tent with the five Sikhs all wearing beautiful coloured robes and their appearance was just the same as the Guru’s. Guru Ji announced that the five Sikhs have shown great courage and loyalty by offering heads for their faith and from now they will be known as the “Five Beloved Ones” (Panj -Piyare).

Next, Guru Gobind Singh Ji prepared the Amrit, Guru Ji gave five palms full of Amrit to drink (for internal/mind’s purification), sprinkled five times into their eyes (to see good) and five times into their hairs (regard hair as God’s Will / Wisdom), each time making them repeat after him “WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH” meaning Khalsa was creation of God and God has been victorious in the creation of Khalsa”. This demonstrated Guru Ji’s humility where He disclaimed any credit for the creation of Khalsa to himself rather proclaimed it to be God’s own deed.

The remaining Amrit was drank by the Panj Piyare from the same bowl which was a revolution in the history in that although being from different classes and caste (see below), they accepted to be the members of the same class that was “Khalsa Panth”, Guru Gobind Singh Ji as their father and Mata Sahib Kaur as their mother. In order to prove the significance of this event, it is reminded that the people from low classes were not allowed to enter the religious buildings, nor were they given any dignity as human beings. In fact, animals were treated better than low class people i.e. animals could live in the homes of higher class people but low classed person was not even allowed to pass through the street where so called superior class lived.
“Singh” (Lion) & “Kaur” (Princess) were appended to the male & female members respectively of the Khalsa Panth for identification through their names.

The Guru knelt down before the Panj Piyare and requested them to give him Amrit, so that he could become member of the Khalsa Panth as well.This signified that the Guru gave all the glory to the Khalsa. This also showed importance of Amrit which Guru did not want himself to be deprived of. That is why Guru Ji is referred as “Aape Gur Chela (“Awpy gur cylw”)which meansHe was the Guru and disciple himself i.e. He had no ego to consider himself disciple of the Khalsa. He declared that there was no difference between him and Khalsa.
Guru Gobind Rai now became Guru Gobind Singh. It is worth mentioning here that the Muslim spy sent by the emperor saw the entire event and it left him spell bound. He took Amrit and was named as Gurbakhash Singh. He later sent his resignation to the emperor and said that how foolish he had been to have worked against a God sent person Guru Gobind Singh Ji. He would hope that his sins will be forgiven.
On the day, many thousand Sikhs took Amrit and became member of Khalsa Panth. Code of conduct for the Sikhs (Reht) was established and the Sikhs were given unique identity through possession of 5 essential items as part of their uniform for unique identity, all beginning with letter “K” and were termed as 5K’s i.e. Kes (uncut hair), Kangha (wooden Comb), Karha (Iron ring worn on the wrist), Kirpan (6-12" sword), Kachhehra (baggy shorts).

what exactly guru ji did inside tent pls tell me wht hapen inside it is big mystery

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
what exactly guru ji did inside tent pls tell me wht hapen inside it is big mystery

As Sikhism is against performing miracles I don't believe that Panja Pyaras were actually beheaded by Guru Gobind Singh ji.
Guruji just took them inside the tent one by one, smeared his sword with animal blood and showed it to crowd.

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
As Sikhism is against performing miracles I don't believe that Panja Pyaras were actually beheaded by Guru Gobind Singh ji.
Guruji just took them inside the tent one by one, smeared his sword with animal blood and showed it to crowd.

Y it can't be ? ....

Baba Deep Singh ji cut his own head & fought with them by holding head in his hand .

then wat will u call it ?

I read somewhere also ....that ..the spy sent by Aurenzeb ......sees this in front of his eyes , and after that he writes the whole incident to Aurenzeb that .......Stop killing sikhism, it will not come to an end ever ......,.. i dnt know all lines , read 5-6 yrs bak .

bones2098

Y it can't be ? ....

Baba Deep Singh ji cut his own head & fought with them by holding head in his hand .

then wat will u call it ?

I read somewhere also ....that ..the spy sent by Aurenzeb ......sees this in front of his eyes , and after that he writes the whole incident to Aurenzeb that .......Stop killing sikhism, it will not come to an end ever ......,.. i dnt know all lines , read 5-6 yrs bak .

no it was like that, it was a test, well thats what iv'e been told.....

from wiki...

'According to the Sikh tradition, Baba Deep Singh had vowed to avenge the desecration of the Golden Temple by the Afghan army. In 1757, he led an army to defend the Golden Temple. The Sikhs and the Afghans clashed, in the battle of Amritsar, at the village of Gohalwar on November 11, 1757,[3] and in the ensuing conflict Baba Deep Singh was decapitated.[4] Tradition has it that Deep Singh continued to fight after having been decapitated, slaying his enemies with his head in one hand and his sword in the other.[4] In this version, only upon reaching the sacred city of Amritsar did he stop and finally die.[5] . This tale recalls the words of the first Guru, Guru Nanak:'

he didn't cut his own head of and performed a miricle him self, but by the grace of god, he forfiled his vow.

miricles have been done by ppl but not in these 2 cases...

full_taur

Let me share one more great thing in this context.

During the 1984 attack on Harmandir Sahib, when Tanks were called inside Golden temple, one of the tank that went inside( probably the first one) stopped automatically in parkarma in front of Baba Deep singh ji shahedi asthan. Despite many efforts by many officers the tank didn't move a bit and these efforts were carried on for many days. It was like, ki jiven Baba Deep Singh ji ne ap tank rok ke rakhiya hove and agge nai jaan dita. Then later on after the operation, the tank has to dismantled bit by bit and then had to be removed from that spot... waheguru

yeh koi suni sunai gal nai hai, akhan naal dekhi hoyi gal hai as my naniji was there right inside golden temple and she was arrested during that time from there itself, along with other Sikh bibiyan.

full_taur

what happened inside the tent.. Good question, but probably you can find the answer to this jado tusi guru vaale banuge.

So jado tusin amrit chakde ho and room de andar jaande ho amrit sanchaar vaaste, shayad us time jo room vich hunda, uhi us time uh tent vich hoya....

userid50966

what happened inside the tent.. Good question, but probably you can find the answer to this jado tusi guru vaale banuge.

So jado tusin amrit chakde ho and room de andar jaande ho amrit sanchaar vaaste, shayad us time jo room vich hunda, uhi us time uh tent vich hoya....
baii gtusi galh bahut wadeeyea kheti hai mea thuhanu ik swaal puchna chvanga es galh da jwab dean ton phelan ke tusi guru walea ban gayea ho ?
naalea veerh jadon v apan gharh banun laghdea han na tan gharh dea jheadee neo hundee hai oh hamesha sabh ton jeyeda strong hundee hai oh jinneemaj booth hundee hai shaydh koee horh cheejh apnea makan de hundi hovea balkea neo da andaza tan buliding dee majbooti vekh kea lagh janda hai kea jinnea building majbooth hai tan ussee neo uston v jeyeda majhbooth hooni chahee dee hai
same galh ethea hai veerh
thanks

userid50966

veer bas enna hi bhrosa guru tea , jea janwarh da nu hi mareyea geyea cc tan fir othe majud lok dar kyun gayee cc khendea sarean nu hathan pearan de pyea gayee cc othea , esda matlabh tan eh hoyea kea amrit da boota jheda oh kissea masum janwarh dea khoon ton shuru hoyea
menu nahi laghda guru shib eho jhea cc kea kissea masum tea var karn walea
guru shaib tan kissea nihathea tea naee cc varh kardea tea oh masum janwrh nu marn gea ?
ehtan oh galh hoee kea baii guru shaib nea bali ditti cc kissea janwarh dee?\
shear(tiger) v kaddea khdea mileyea hoyea mas nu nahi khanda oh tan shuikarh karkea khanda hai
tea tsui khe rahe ho kea guru shib nea apnea samnea punj jaanwarh khaddea karh layea tea mardittea eh tan fer sher naalon v madde kitti guru sahib nea
je thudea according vekhea javea tan galh kithea dee kihtea pahunch jaandee hai dhillion sahib

baaki jea hajea v kissea eh laghda hai tan uttea likhian glhan dea answer dedeoo

have faith in ur guru
thanks

full_taur

baii gtusi galh bahut wadeeyea kheti hai mea thuhanu ik swaal puchna chvanga es galh da jwab dean ton phelan ke tusi guru walea ban gayea ho ?
naalea veerh jadon v apan gharh banun laghdea han na tan gharh dea jheadee neo hundee hai oh hamesha sabh ton jeyeda strong hundee hai oh jinneemaj booth hundee hai shaydh koee horh cheejh apnea makan de hundi hovea balkea neo da andaza tan buliding dee majbooti vekh kea lagh janda hai kea jinnea building majbooth hai tan ussee neo uston v jeyeda majhbooth hooni chahee dee hai
same galh ethea hai veerh
thanks

Bai ji, I didn't want to say anything or didn't want to preach anything. I just said those things without any reference to anyone, so didnt want to offend you or anything.

I'm sorry If I have.

userid50966

Bai ji, I didn't want to say anything or didn't want to preach anything. I just said those things without any reference to anyone, so didnt want to offend you or anything.

I'm sorry If I have.
naii baii gg meh gussa nahi hoyea meh sirf ik swaal puchea hai thudea swaal da jwab tan me hun dinnna wan kea meh amrit shkea hoyea hai tea menu apnea guru tea pura bhrosa hai eh thread me apnea layee nahi saunga kayee lokan de dilan ch bhulkhea kadan layee shuru kita hai
menu es swaal da jwab ptah hai jo taran.rbk nea likhea oh menu pura yaad hai kyunki oh galh bahut var padh tea sunh chuka han tea oh me end ch sab dea vichar sun kea dasanga
bakki jea mere kissea galh naal hurt hai tan menu maf kardo
thanks

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA

During the 1984 attack on Harmandir Sahib, when Tanks were called inside Golden temple, one of the tank that went inside( probably the first one) stopped automatically in parkarma in front of Baba Deep singh ji shahedi asthan. Despite many efforts by many officers the tank didn't move a bit and these efforts were carried on for many days. It was like, ki jiven Baba Deep Singh ji ne ap tank rok ke rakhiya hove and agge nai jaan dita. Then later on after the operation, the tank has to dismantled bit by bit and then had to be removed from that spot... waheguru

yeh koi suni sunai gal nai hai, akhan naal dekhi hoyi gal hai as my naniji was there right inside golden temple and she was arrested during that time from there itself, along with other Sikh bibiyan.

tru...my mom & dad was also their !

Ginny

VIP

Ise karke jado vi koi misaal dinda taan oh sikh kom di diti jandi a

Code:
mainu eh gal pehla ni sigi pata
tuhada bahoot bahoot dhanwad ji

Ramta

-

Y it can't be ? ....
Baba Deep Singh ji cut his own head & fought with them by holding
head in his hand . then wat will u call it ?

We are a nation of story-tellers and such stories reflect the authors enthusiasm for their subject
matter and some embellishment does occur. Over time, they may start resembling mythology.
Baba Deep Singh was an extraordinary fighter. So, when the author of his story book wrote
down his story, he wanted to amplify Baba Deep Singhs courage, bravery, and skill in order
to teach the young in an entertaing manner. It came out perfect, why not say that this man
fought without his head, how much bravery does that show, and skill with the sword !!

-

I read somewhere also ....that ..the spy sent by Aurenzeb ......
sees this in front of his eyes , and after that he writes the whole
incident to Aurenzeb that .......Stop killing sikhism, it will not come
to an end ever ......,.. i dnt know all lines , read 5-6 yrs bak .

This spy of Aurangzeb has surfaced only in the last few years to tell us what always was a
mystery to even the followers of Sikhism !! Besides Sikhism is against performing miracles.

-

I don't believe that Panja Pyaras were actually beheaded by Guru Gobind Singh ji.
Guruji just took them inside the tent one by one, smeared his sword with
animal blood and showed it to crowd.

Thats the version that was always largely accepted but I never could bring myself to believe the
Guru would behead an animal for game. But it still sounds better that aurangzebs' spys' version.

-

Thanks

-

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)

This spy of Aurangzeb has surfaced only in the last few years to tell us what always was a
mystery to even the followers of Sikhism !! Besides Sikhism is against performing miracles.
my dear friend, i will reply to your other replies soon, but for now i just wanna reply to this particular quote of yours. you said that this Aurangzeb's spy has surfaced in the last few years. bro, he surfaced in the last few years only, because in the last few years only, sikhs doubted the authenticity of this incident. since last few uears only, sihs have started thinking that they are a bit too learned. since the last few years human thinking has overtaken faith and bilief in God. since last few years only, people have started assuming that Guru Ji were all simple human beings. people have started quetioning the power of Gurbani.
n if you don't believe in all this, then my dear friend, you can go to Aligarh University, check the archive section there and see with your own eyes, the writings of Aurangzeb's spy, whose name was Abul Taurani(as far as i can recall). and there you check ythe authenticity of the document, whether it was written in the 17th century, or somebody has written it now and put it there.
other thing my dear, in Sikhism there are many many incidents, which are nothing less than miracles for a normal human being. if you want i can give you a detailed list of a couple with examples, whose authenticity you can check anytime.
So my dear, faith is a lot more powerful thing than logic. try concentrating on it.