Homosexuality and Sikhism?????

Rano

VIP
SSA sareyan nu :pr
india ch jadon homosexuals nu right to get married mileya siga, then saare religious leaders ne isda virodh kita siga.
What i don't understand that, Sikhism ch idaan kyun hai? :dunnoWhy aren't homos welcomed in our religion and why our leaders condemned them calling them "unnatural"? Ki oh rabb de banaye bande ni aa??? Pher oh unnatural kime ho gaye?? >du

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
90% religious leader bewkoof hunde, uhna nu koi puche - surgery , medicine te kapde paane bhi unnatural hi hunde, nange kyu ni firde :an

vaise bhi there is no other option for homosexuals, je koi gay / lesbian , straight person naal viah kare ta kinniya life kharab honiya.

Rather than saying anything from my prespective........i would just tell you the prevalent viewpoints out there.

In most cases gays argue that their condition of homosexuality is 100 percent or mostly genetics.

On the other hand, religious people say that sexual orientation or homosexuality is heavily influenced by environmental factors rather than genetics which a person has no control over.

But no scientific study has found out that choice of sexual orientation is 100 percent genetics......Most studies have found that "if" there are some gay genes they are triggered or influenced heavily by environmental factors.

environmental factors = something we experience....something we have control over.

In Sikhism........we are told to stay away from Lust, greed and high headedness.
These are the things or activities associated with them that we choose to participate in.

Jeh homosexuality 100 percent genetics hundi tah saarey 100 percent twin brothers jehna cho ik gay a ......gay na hundey......kyunki twins da genetic structure same hunda????

Mehnu ik example yaad ai a...jehri meh doosrey thread ch v diti c....

"lemme ask you a question.....Why do you think our Guru's denounced Budhism???.....because their religion( or should i say supersition)......told all of them to become bhikshu's (i.e beggars).......par jeh saari duniya mangan lag gai tah fir ohna nu feed karan wala kaun hou????????

In the same way jeh saari duniya "gay" ban gai tah procreation kiddah hougi?????........again gays are motivated by lust more than anything.......There is no study till now that suggests that gays are born entirely gay or homosexuality is entirely the result of a gene. That is why they are denounced by brahmgiyani's."

Here are some scientific studies....on the left there are those that argue in favor of homosexuality being genetically originated...and on right are those that refute those studies..

All of them are done by reputed scientists.....so dont argue about the source.

Do studies conducted on homosexuality in twins show a genetic basis of sexual orientation? - Born Gay - ProCon.org

onlycheema

Banned
Existence of "Gay genes" has not been proven. Half of studies till now had only been biased and didn't account for much, i was talking to a guy from UCLA, his inner feeling was while how we choose our sexual orientation was not clear but this so called existence of gay gene was just put into newspapers to make this whole homosexuality saga to appear as if they had a reason of their behaviour. Our body adopts naturally, every body on this planet adapts naturally to it's environment, so it's natural to find attraction to opposite sex, how it changes from opposite to same sex attraction is not clear.

90% religious leader bewkoof hunde, uhna nu koi puche - surgery , medicine te kapde paane bhi unnatural hi hunde, nange kyu ni firde :an

vaise bhi there is no other option for homosexuals, je koi gay / lesbian , straight person naal viah kare ta kinniya life kharab honiya.

Tey jehrey 10 percent tuhadi nigah ch bewkoof nahi oh kina k tey kyun accept kardey a homosexuality nu?????? :nerd

And there are people that were gay at first and turned straight:wacko

Existence of "Gay genes" has not been proven. Half of studies till now had only been biased and didn't account for much, i was talking to a guy from UCLA, his inner feeling was while how we choose our sexual orientation was not clear but this so called existence of gay gene was just put into newspapers to make this whole homosexuality saga to appear as if they had a reason of their behaviour. Our body adopts naturally, every body on this planet adapts naturally to it's environment, so it's natural to find attraction to opposite sex, how it changes from opposite to same sex attraction is not clear.

I agree with you homosexuality isnt a mental disorder as some try to potray it..:wacko

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Because accepting homosexuality is the only option. kise kol hor option ha ta dasso ?

Rano

VIP

exactly :y

You need to reproduce, that's how it's unnatural.

y wud God create them if they were "unnatural". and is reproduction the sole purpose of human sexuality??

Rather than saying anything from my prespective........i would just tell you the prevalent viewpoints out there.

In most cases gays argue that their condition of homosexuality is 100 percent or mostly genetics.

On the other hand, religious people say that sexual orientation or homosexuality is heavily influenced by environmental factors rather than genetics which a person has no control over.

But no scientific study has found out that choice of sexual orientation is 100 percent genetics......Most studies have found that "if" there are some gay genes they are triggered or influenced heavily by environmental factors.

the article u posted clearly states that there are genes that code for homosexuality but what they are not sure about is that is it the sole reason for the difference in orientation. y wud then identical twins (have the exact same genetic makeup as the grow from the same zygote) have a higher %age of gay brothers. "We found 52 percent of identical twin brothers of gay men also were gay"

environmental factors = something we experience....something we have control over.

I agree that if it had been only genetics then the %age should've been 100% in the case of identical twins. But since, this is not the case, that means there are some external factors. I agree that there are environmental factors too, but do we have "control over" all of them? For eg. they've mentioned "extroversion" which is not something you have control over.

In Sikhism........we are told to stay away from Lust, greed and high headedness.
These are the things or activities associated with them that we choose to participate in.

Jeh homosexuality 100 percent genetics hundi tah saarey 100 percent twin brothers jehna cho ik gay a ......gay na hundey......kyunki twins da genetic structure same hunda????

not twins...only the identical twins :y

"lemme ask you a question.....Why do you think our Guru's denounced Budhism???.....because their religion( or should i say supersition)......told all of them to become bhikshu's (i.e beggars).......par jeh saari duniya mangan lag gai tah fir ohna nu feed karan wala kaun hou????????

i don't get how does that relate to homosexuality??? :kin

In the same way jeh saari duniya "gay" ban gai tah procreation kiddah hougi?????........again gays are motivated by lust more than anything.......There is no study till now that suggests that gays are born entirely gay or homosexuality is entirely the result of a gene. That is why they are denounced by brahmgiyani's."

By supporting gay/lesbians or others, does that mean saari duniya hi idaan banan laggi?? The article u posted, clearly states that 100% eh vi ni lagda ki it's only environmental.... about 50% reason is genes :y

Here are some scientific studies....on the left there are those that argue in favor of homosexuality being genetically originated...and on right are those that refute those studies..

Do studies conducted on homosexuality in twins show a genetic basis of sexual orientation? - Born Gay - ProCon.org

Rano

VIP
Tey jehrey 10 percent tuhadi nigah ch bewkoof nahi oh kina k tey kyun accept kardey a homosexuality nu?????? :nerd

And there are people that were gay at first and turned straight:wacko

do u noe why they did??? >du so many families denounce their own children/relatives...that could be a reason too that forces them to lead a straight life (as a disguise :dn)

chardi kala vich rhiye

HaRdCoRe BiOtEcHnOlOgIsT
...peopl njoy goin against d lawz of nature.......datz why dey protest things widout knowing d pros nd conz of concerned topic.....

nature hs provided evry living community a way 2 increase itz own kind........so z true 4 homosexualz.........peopl shdnt take thz simpl issue so long in order 2 create nothin bt jus nuisance.....

...U cant change the genetic make up although now possibl bt dat z nt alwyz beneficial coz u r goin against smthing already finalized by the biggest power "nature".......

...So accept wat nature hs given us widout any arguementz........

onlycheema

Banned
y wud God create them if they were "unnatural". and is reproduction the sole purpose of human sexuality??

reproduction is not sole but a important part of human existence, i thought it was that obvious ;
guru granth sahib ji ch baani aaundi aa "anand karey narr naari......"
God "created" hitler too, did he give him rights to kill is open for debate to me and you, did he create me to go feel attracted to same sex and stop a important component of human existence is also debatable.

You need to reproduce, that's how it's unnatural.
some men/women cant reproduce even if they're straight:p
in that case they shouldn't be allowed to get married right?

NO WHERE IN ANY STUDY DOES IT SAY THAT ITS "HEAVILY" INFLUENCED BY ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS. but THEY DO SAY THAT ITS NOT A GAY GENE BUT A COMBINATION OF MANY GENES OR A MESH OF ENVIRONMENT AND CERTAIN GENES THAT INFLUENCE SEXUALITY.
IF IT WAS PURELY INFLUENCE BY ENVIRONMENT THEN GAYS WUDN'T CHOOSE TO BE GAY CUZ THE SOCIETY WE LIVE IN IS HOMOPHOBIC. WE USE 'GAY' AS AN INSULT. NO ONE HERE "WANTS" TO B GAY. MOST GAYS TEND TO HIDE IN A CLOSET COZ THEY NOE THEY WON'T BE ACCEPTED ADN MIGHT AS WELL BE BULLIED OR KILLED.. I'LL GET YOU THE NAME OF A MOVIE.. ITS MILK SOMETHING.. ITS A DOCUMENTRY.. FOR HOW A GAY GUY WAS BRUTALLY KILLED IN USA FOR BEING GAY..

HOWEVER STUDIES DO SUGGEST SOME PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES IN GAY AND STRAIGHT MEN that CORRELATE WITH BEING GAY. AMYGDALA(i htink ehi spelling hai :an ) WHICH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EMOTIONS AND STUFF IS SLIGHTLY SMALLER IN GAY MEN AS OPPOSED TO STRAIGHT MEN. THERE WAS ANOTHER DIFFERENCE THAT I CAN'T REMEMBER RIGHT NOW.. IT HAD TO DO SOMETHING WITH LEFT AND RIGHT BRAIN.. I'LL FIND THE ARTICLE AGAIN =)

Is there a homosexuality gene?
THIS ARTICLE MIGHT INTEREST U SINCE I NOE YOU ARE OPEN TO NEW OPINIONS :) AND MIGHT AS WELL ANSWER OR INFLUENCE SOME OF UR QUESTIONS :w

LUST? I DON'T NOE WAT YOU REALLY MEAN BY LUST .. LIKE HONESTLY.. :re

JE 50 PERCENT V GENETICS HAI TEE WATS THE HARM IN ACCEPTING THEM AND LETTING THEM LIVE A NORMAL LIFE LIKE WE STRAIGHT PPL DO:dead
ARE YOU GNNA IGNORE THAT '50 PERCENT' GENTICAL INFLUENCE :dead

SARI DUNIYA GAY KIVE BANJU?
ITS NOT LIKE A COMMUNICABLE DIESEASE THAT THEY'LL B SPREADING WORLD WIDE DUHHH!!
IF HOMOS ARE ATTRACTED TO ppl with same sex THEN I FAIL TO UNDERSTAND HOW THAT'S PURELY LUST. NOT LIKE THEY'RE HITTING ON EVERY SECOND GUY THEY SEE.. JUS LIKE US STRAIGHT PPL THEY WANT ONE LIFE PARTNER AND ENJOY T HE RIGHTS OF A 'MARRIAGE' THAT WE ALL eNJOY. FOR THE MATTER OF FACT THEY REALLY NEED NOT TO BE ACCEPTED BY RELIGIOUS LEADERS OR W/E FOR THEIR LUST(if its purely lust) CHANGA LAGGE YA MAARA PAR THEY CAN DO THAT WHERE EVER THEY WANT..THEY DON'T NEED YOURs OR THOSE RELIGIOUS LEADERS' PERMISSION WATSOEVER

straight lok ( u, me othere here ) try karke gay ban sakde ? don't think so :p
gays layi bhi idha hi hona.
NO WONDER WHY HOMOSEXUAL ANIMALS REFUSE TO PAIR WITH OPPOSITE SEX WHEN GIVEN A CHANCE AND RATHER CHOOSE SAME SEX PARTNERS
reproduction is not sole but a important part of human existence, i thought it was that obvious ;
guru granth sahib ji ch baani aaundi aa "anand karey narr naari......"
God "created" hitler too, did he give him rights to kill is open for debate to me and you, did he create me to go feel attracted to same sex and stop a important component of human existence is also debatable.
i dun noe h ow accepting gays would stop human reproduction.. there are still straight ppl out there to populate the planet:re

if being gay makes certain ppl happy then let them b ehni kehri takleef haiiiiii:zzz

for all those homophobic ppl in here.. you mite also want to read a bit about fruit fly study :) i wouldn't bother to summarize it hereee nai te post bahot lambi ho jani aaaa:chew

some men/women cant reproduce even if they're straight:p
in that case they shouldn't be allowed to get married right?

EVEN A LIE IS ACCEPTED ....if its to save some1z life. Hope you get my point.

NO WONDER WHY HOMOSEXUAL ANIMALS REFUSE TO PAIR WITH OPPOSITE SEX WHEN GIVEN A CHANCE AND RATHER CHOOSE SAME SEX PARTNERS

YOU DO KNOW SOME ANIMALS ACT LIKE CANNIBALS TOO...SHOULD WE ACCEPT THAT kinda behavior in humans 2?

HUMANS HAVE A WELL DEVELOPED BRAIN........ WHICH GIVES THEM A CONSCIENCE, THE ABILITY TO DISCERN RIGHT FROM WRONG. ANIMALS DO NOT HAVE THIS ABILITY.

if being gay makes certain ppl happy then let them b ehni kehri takleef haiiiiii:zzz

If Being Cannibalistic makes some people happy should we allow that 2???? since some animals do it 2??????

for all those homophobic ppl in here.. you mite also want to read a bit about fruit fly study :) i wouldn't bother to summarize it hereee nai te post bahot lambi ho jani aaaa:chew

EVEN YOUR BELOVED FRUIT FLY STUDY DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY CONCRETE EVIDENCE THAT THE SO CALLED GAY GENE EXISTS IN HUMANS or homosexuality is 100 percent genetics...:zzz

onlycheema

Banned
@ Sippi : Just because i feed you opposite points of a spectrum, i am labelled homophobic. I accept them into society and i also don't feel they are scum. Your rest points about a couple being infertile, and gay men should be there because there are enough straight men are baseless, because there is enough good in the world does not merit the existence of evil.
Homosexuality in animal kingdom is rampant and has also been linked to when they are either crowded, deprived of normal heterosexual contact. They indeed turn back to heterosexual behaviour given a choice. Now ok let's label it a genetic malfunction, then why is it not labelled as a disease or a disorder because of a gene mutation. I looked up the case studies on fruit flies, here's a review on their studies read it; ScienceDirect - Mechanisms of Development : From behavior to development: genes for sexual behavior define the neuronal sexual switch in Drosophila
Good luck accepting another of these weird sex behaviour in twenty years to come. This has become a fashion trend. It's just a case of because i have freedom, i'll do it. that being said, I am not prone to their existence in their society either.