Gurbani facts about reincarnation

maddy1325

Ramgharia Dude
reincarnation2-1.jpg

The empty body is dreadful, when the soul goes out from within. The burning fire of life is extinguished, and the smoke of the breath no longer emerges. The five relatives (the senses) weep and wail painfully, and waste away through the love of duality. ||1|| You fool: chant the Name of the Lord, and preserve your virtue. Egotism and possessiveness are very enticing; egotistical pride has plundered everyone. ||1||Pause|| Those who have forgotten the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are attached to affairs of duality. Attached to duality, they putrefy and die; they are filled with the fire of desire within. Those who are protected by the Guru are saved; all others are cheated and plundered by deceitful worldly affairs. ||2|| Love dies and affection vanishes. Hatred and alienation die. Entanglements end, and egotism dies, along with attachment to Maya, possessiveness and anger. Those who receive His Mercy obtain the True One. The Gurmukhs dwell forever in balanced restraint. ||3|| By true actions, the True Lord is met, and the Guru's Teachings are found. Then, they are not subject to birth and death; they do not come and go in reincarnation. O Nanak, they are respected at the Lord's Gate; they are robed in honor in the Court of the Lord. ||4||14|| Ang 19 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Without the Word of the Shabad, people wander lost in reincarnation. Through the love of duality, multitudes have been drowned. ||1|| O mind, swim across, by focusing your consciousness on the Shabad. Those who do not become Gurmukh do not understand the Naam; they die, and continue coming and going in reincarnation. ||1||Pause|| Ang 19 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Practicing falsehood again and again, people come and go in reincarnation, and forfeit their honor. ||3|| Ang 23 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

The soul in love with duality goes around the wheel of reincarnation, through 8.4 million incarnations. Ang 31 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Praise the Lord's Name, and you shall no longer come and go in reincarnation. ||1||Pause|| Ang 36 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Meeting the True Guru, all my sufferings have ended, and the Peace of the Lord has come to dwell within my mind. The Divine Light illuminates my inner being, and I am lovingly absorbed in the One. Meeting with the Holy Saint, my face is radiant; I have realized my pre-ordained destiny. I constantly sing the Glories of the Lord of the Universe. Through the True Name, I have become spotlessly pure. ||1|| O my mind, you shall find peace through the Word of the Guru's Shabad.
Working for the Perfect Guru, no one goes away empty-handed. ||1||Pause|| The desires of the mind are fulfilled, when the Treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is obtained. The Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, is always with you; recognize Him as the Creator. By Guru's Grace, your face shall be radiant. Chanting the Naam, you shall receive the benefits of giving charity and taking cleansing baths. Sexual desire, anger and greed are eliminated, and all egotistical pride is abandoned. ||2||The Profit of the Naam is obtained, and all affairs are brought to fruition. In His Mercy, God unites us with Himself, and He blesses us with the Naam. My comings and goings in reincarnation have come to an end; He Himself has bestowed His Mercy. I have obtained my home in the True Mansion of His Presence, realizing the Word of the Guru's Shabad. ||3|| His humble devotees are protected and saved; He Himself showers His Blessings upon us. In this world and in the world hereafter, radiant are the faces of those who cherish and enshrine the Glories of the True Lord. Twenty-four hours a day, they lovingly dwell upon His Glories; they are imbued with His Infinite Love. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to the Supreme Lord God, the Ocean of Peace. ||4||11||81|| Ang 46 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji