“Grow Your Hair!” - Indian Army

prinzdude

The following is a very important circular from the Indian Army issued way back in 1975 saying that every Sikh soldier joining the army will have to give an undertaking that if he will cut his hair or trim his beard or moustache, it will be treated as disobedience and will make him liable for disciplinary action.

The circular also states that those who have short hair may be recruited in the army, but they “will however be required to sign a certificate to the effect that while in service they will grow hair, beard and moustache as per customs of SIKH religion”.

This meets a long-standing demand of the Sikhs and it is now up to the SGPC and other Panthic Organisations to get this mandatory policy decision implemented to its fullest.

armycircularkesh2-1.jpg

prinzdude

Just imagine what a "SIKH" regiment will be like if all of them were non turbaned, clean shaven??

Just like any other regiment of Indian army with no distinction!!

Alas, just like all the circulars and orders of govt. this too is just a piece of paper!!

pps309

Prime VIP
yaar na-insaafi kadi aa, Sikh Regiment means regiment of sikhs so this rule was for just that regiment not for the whole Indian army.

Every school under CBSE/ICSE/State boards do not have the same dress code, same way this Regiment under the umbrella of Indian Army made some disciplinary dress code for their recruits.

Gorkha Regiment has different kind of hat then any other Indian Army regiment.

Second world war tak ta Sikh Regiment de har sipahi nu Amrit Shakan lai v motivate kita janda si te even War Zone ch V Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji naal hunde si.

At present I know that many big ranking officers in Sikh Regiment cut hair and are clean shaven, so chill.

bibamunda

Elite
Just imagine what a "SIKH" regiment will be like if all of them were non turbaned, clean shaven??

Just like any other regiment of Indian army with no distinction!!

Alas, just like all the circulars and orders of govt. this too is just a piece of paper!!
Chill Dude..... what according to you distinction is???? well... if only wearing turbans is distinction for you then you are wrong my friend... everybody has a right to do whatever he wants... distinction comes with bravery and not with dressing....

prinzdude

I think PPS Veeerji has explained very well about discipline...

this is just like uniform, which kids may not like while going to school, but they have to obey the rules..

bibamunda

Elite
Rules are meant to be broken...... aur faujian ton jyada khar dimaag koi ni hunda.... if they have to do something.. then they will do that for sure....

pps309

Prime VIP
Chill Dude..... what according to you distinction is???? well... if only wearing turbans is distinction for you then you are wrong my friend... everybody has a right to do whatever he wants... distinction comes with bravery and not with dressing....

Dear Brother,
I am very sure wearing turban is one of the distinctive part of Sikh's Rehat Maryada (discipline).

Everybody has the right to do whatever he wants but still students in convent school are forced to speak english.

bibamunda

Elite
Dear Brother,
I am very sure wearing turban is one of the distinctive part of Sikh's Rehat Maryada (discipline).

Everybody has the right to do whatever he wants but still students in convent school are forced to speak english.
That is to make them fluent in english... army... is not a schooll.. i have studied in convent school... i never spoke english while I was in school premises.. "Sikh's Rehat Maryada"... don talk abt this... there are many sikhs here on unp as wel.. can u tell if they follow this??? or even half of em follow this???? well if civilians can do anything.. military can also not be spared...

pps309

Prime VIP
That is to make them fluent in english... army... is not a schooll.. i have studied in convent school... i never spoke english while I was in school premises.. "Sikh's Rehat Maryada"... don talk abt this... there are many sikhs here on unp as wel.. can u tell if they follow this??? or even half of em follow this???? well if civilians can do anything.. military can also not be spared...
Sorry sir, but I will say there is hardly a Sikh on this site, most of us are Patits and Akritghan jo ke guru ka langar ta shak laende aa par ohna de kahe te nahi chal sakde. Ohna da ditta bana te bani nahi saam sakde.

bibamunda

Elite
Sorry sir, but I will say there is hardly a Sikh on this site, most of us are Patits and Akritghan jo ke guru ka langar ta shak laende aa par ohna de kahe te nahi chal sakde. Ohna da ditta bana te bani nahi saam sakde.
bai ethe apa saare eve ha te ki army walean da edan hona maara kyo aa???

pps309

Prime VIP
1) Same way dress code is to make the Sikh Soldiers look more like Sikhs.
2) School and army both have one thing in common, that is discipline. Most of the school principals are retired army officers. I feel there is some relation between school and Army.

I personally believe with Sabat Sarup Sikh living I started loving bani and Sikh discipline.

pps309

Prime VIP
bai ethe apa saare eve ha te ki army walean da edan hona maara kyo aa???
veere main nahi keh raya ke oh marra ya marra kyun aa..........I am just saying ke be-insafi word is not appropriate here.
My only stress is ke appa sarre life ch jadde kisse institution de member bande aa ta we follow their dress code.
I was in Infosys and they asked us to come in tie and formal dresses in Mon, Tue and semi-formal on wed thu and casual on friday.

I would have liked to go there in kurta pajama.

bibamunda

Elite
veere main nahi keh raya ke oh marra ya marra kyun aa..........I am just saying ke be-insafi word is not appropriate here.
My only stress is ke appa sarre life ch jadde kisse institution de member bande aa ta we follow their dress code.
I was in Infosys and they asked us to come in tie and formal dresses in Mon, Tue and semi-formal on wed thu and casual on friday.

I would have liked to go there in kurta pajama.
professional organisations in terms of dress code would be same as army... you went to infosys.. they asked you for wearing formals and casuals.. so this can be with army also.. turban does not include in formal or casuals.. this is a sign that signifies that a king is coming... je infosys wale waal kataun nu kehnde taan main man sakda o example is case ch.. but kapre taan army wale v paunde ne...