FIVE BANIS

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Kki Fateh to all

Would u plz. tell which five Banis one should recite daily.

Some say it is JAPJI SAHIB, JAAP SAHIB, AMRIT SWAYEY, REHRAS SAHIB AND KIRTAN SOHILA

Some say these r JAPJI SAHIB, SHABAD HAZARAY, JAAP SAHIB, ANAND SAHIB AND CHOPAI SAHIB IN THE MORNING AND REHRAS SAHIB FOR EVENING AND KIRTAN SOHILA FOR NIGHT

I m confused on this!:(

japji sahib, jaap sahib, sukhmanni sahib, rehraas and chopai sahib i do
shabad hazaray i never heard before :-?
but i have no idea or it is wrong or right>du

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Respected Warrior Ji and Johal Ji

Thanx for ur reply and for the informative link.

It is now clear there r no hard and fast rules. But I think at least one should try to recite five banis daily and more r ok.

Bhul chuk maaf ji

full_taur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Respected Warrior Ji and Johal Ji

Thanx for ur reply and for the informative link.

It is now clear there r no hard and fast rules. But I think at least one should try to recite five banis daily and more r ok.

Bhul chuk maaf ji

For all questions, we should always refer to the Panthic commitee REHAT MARYADA. Fee copies can be obtained from any Guruduwara saahib in India or abroad.

According to that three baanis should be done everyday. Earlier it was five baanis, but way back they changed it to three.

pps309

Prime VIP
For all questions, we should always refer to the Panthic commitee REHAT MARYADA. Fee copies can be obtained from any Guruduwara saahib in India or abroad.

According to that three baanis should be done everyday. Earlier it was five baanis, but way back they changed it to three.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Veere,

Please name those 3 banis. :)

Qutoe by FULL TOUR Ji "For all questions, we should always refer to the Panthic commitee REHAT MARYADA."

Why rehat maryada changes with time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the basis of their decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bhul chuk maaf Ji

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)

bayee ji no disrespect to Panthic Rehat Maryada, but it was 5 Baanis at the time of Gurus, then why did the Panthic committee change it to 3 Baanis later?
isn't it kinda sayin that whatever was going on at the times of Guru Jis wasn't the right hing, what Panthic committe is doing is right?

full_taur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Veere,

Please name those 3 banis. :)

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

According to the Rehat Maryada:

He/she should recite the following scriptural compositions every day:

1. The Japji, the Jaapu and the Ten Sawayyas (Quartets) - beginning “Sarawag sudh” - in the morning.

2. Sodar Rehras compromising the following compositions:

• Nine hymns of the Guru Granth Sahib, occurring in the holy book after the Japuji Sahib, the first of which begins with “Sodar” and the last of which ends with “saran pare ki rakh sarma”.
• The Benti Chaupai of the tenth Guru (beginning “hamri karo hath dai rachha” and ending with “dusht dokh te leho bachai”
• The Sawayya beginning with the words “pae geho jab te tumre”
• The Dohira beginning with the words “sagal duar kau chhad kai”
• The first five and the last pauris (stanzas) of Anand Sahib
• And Mundawani and the Slok Mahla 5 beginning “tere kita jato nahi” in the evening after sunset.

3. The Sohila - to be recited at night before going to bed

The morning and evening recitations should be concluded with Ardas (formal supplication litany).

Qutoe by FULL TOUR Ji "For all questions, we should always refer to the Panthic commitee REHAT MARYADA."

Why rehat maryada changes with time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the basis of their decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bhul chuk maaf Ji

First of all rehat Maryada was never written or never ever being mentioned or was not even in existence during the time of Guruji. It was an attempt later on by the sikh scholars of the century to produce an accurate portrayal of sikh customs & codes.

There basis of decision was All Guru's baanis and all guru's teachings.

bayee ji no disrespect to Panthic Rehat Maryada, but it was 5 Baanis at the time of Gurus, then why did the Panthic committee change it to 3 Baanis later?
isn't it kinda sayin that whatever was going on at the times of Guru Jis wasn't the right hing, what Panthic committe is doing is right?

Well, No they havent changed anything. Essentially one should read more & more baani's as one can, but what they are saying here is that one should read everyday atleast these baanis. Normally I have seen all Gurumukh people do all 5 baani's nitnem and may be even more then that.

Sikh rehat maryada is an attempt to list the basic minimum, so that atleast people should start following the bare minimum and later on when they will fall in LOVE with guru, then nobody would need rehat maryada and it wont matter at all.

I remember, the same question was asked to one of the renowed sikh scholar and he replied to it by saying that atleast we should start by doing three banis. Do only three baanis and then he said you wont ask this question anymore. He also said that todays generation finds it difficult to do even three baanis, so we should ask this question to ourself, rather then others.

Here are some of the great links about daily Nitnem and a copy of Sikh Rehat Maryada.

What is the proper way to do my Daily Nitnem? | SikhNet

Nitnem Banis (Daily Prayers) | Sikh Dharma International

http://www.gurmat.info/sms/smspublications/sikhrehatmaryada.pdf

Well, I'm also a student still, so please input your thoughts and bhul chuk maaf