ਤੈਥੋਂ ਹੀ ਬਲੁ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਲੈ ਕੰਸੁ ਕੇਸੀ ਪਕੜਿ ਗਿਰਾਇਆ ॥
ਤੈਥੋਂ ਹੀ ਬਲੁ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਲੈ ਕੰਸੁ ਕੇਸੀ ਪਕੜਿ ਗਿਰਾਇਆ ॥
ਬਡੇ ਬਡੇ ਮੁਨਿ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਕਈ ਜੁਗ ਤਿਨੀ ਤਨੁ ਤਾਇਆ ॥
ਕਿਨੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੨॥

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Translation :

Victory to the Glorious Gurus. May Sri Bhagavati Ji assist us, I write the ode of Sri Bhagavati Ji. First I recall Bhagavati, (Whose symbol is the sword) and then I reflect on Guru Nanak. Then Guru Arjan, Guru Amar Das and Guru Ram Das, may they help us. I reflect on Guru Arjan, Guru Hargobind and Guru Har Rai. I remember Guru Har Kishan, by whose sight all the sufferings vanish. Then I do remember Guru Tegh Bahadur, though whose grace the nine treasures come my house. May they be helpful to us everywhere.

Lord! By creating Durga, you have caused destruction of demons. Rama received power from you to kill Ravana with arrows. Krishna received power from you to threw down Kansa by catching his hair. The great sages and gods, even practising great austerities for several ages; do not know your limits.

pps309

Prime VIP
This is the Greatness of Guru Gobind Singh and Sikh Panth.

When we believe in One God for whole universe then (Ram, Rahim, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh) all are same for us. Their existence is also due to blessings of Waheguru.

That's why Sikhs pray directly for Waheguru.

Guru Gobind Singh ji also says in Chaupai Sahib.
pWie ghy jb qy qumry qb qy koaU AWK qry nhI AwnÎo ]
rwm rhIm purwn kurwn Anyk khYN mq eyk n mwnÎo ]
isMimRiq swsqR byd sBY bhu Byd khYN hm eyk n jwnÎo ]
sRI Aispwn ik®pw qumrI kir mY n khÎo sB qoih bKwnÎo ]
"Pai gahe jab te tumre, tab te kou ankh tare nahi aanyo
Ram Rahim Puran Kuran anek kahe mat ik na manyo
Simrat Shastar Vaed sabe bahu bhed kahe hum ik na janeyo
Sri Asspan kirpaa kar tumri, main na kayo sab tohe vakhanyo".

Guru Gobind Singh Ji also says in Tav Parsad Saviye.

"Kauo butan ko pujat hai pas kou mritan ko pujan dhaio
Kur kria urjhio sabh hi jag sri bhagwan ko bhed na paio"

Ramta

-

These Shloka's from the Chandi Charitra full of reverence towards 'Maa Bhagauti' are relevent here :

O mind! Remember the goddess Sharda of innumerable qualities;
And if she be kind, I may compose this Granth (based on) Bhagavata.6.

KABIT
The large-eyed Chandika is the remover of all sufferings,
the donor of powers and support of the helpless in ferrying across the fearful ocean of the world;
It is difficult to know her beginning and end,
she emancipates and sustains him, who takes refuge in her,
She destroys the demons, finishes various types of desires and saves from the noose of death;
The same goddess is capable of bestowing the boon and good intellect;
by her Grace this Granth can be composed.7.

SWAYYA
She, who is the daughter of the mountain and the destroyer of Mahishasura;
She, who is the bestower of the kingdom on India by killing Sumbh and Nisumbh;
He, who remembers and serves her, he receives the reward to his heart`s desire,
And in the whole world, none other is the supporter of the poor like her.8.

http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&p=646

Thanks

-

pps309

Prime VIP
Main kade Dasam Granth nahi parya, taan karke kuch nahi bolunga. Waise parya mere uppar wale member ne v nahi. Kisse website to chak matlab pai jaanda.
Par Chaupai Sahib, Jaap Sahib te Tav Parsad Saviye da Path jarur kita te karda huna. Chaupai Sahib de path di kuch pankti likhan laga (Sampuran Rehras Sahib di path ch v parya jaanda).

ਮੈ ਨ ਗਨੇਸਹਿ ਪਿ੍ਥਮ ਮਨਾਊ||
I don't praise or hail ganesh before I start any task.
ਕਿਸਨ ਬਿਸਨ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨਹਿ ਧਿਆਊਂ ||
Nor do I let thought of Vishnu or incarnation of Vishnu (i.e. Krishna) enter my mind.
ਕਾਨ ਸੁਨੇ ਪਹਿਚਾਨ ਨ ਤਿਨ ਸੋ ||
I know of their existence, but I do not ever worship them.
ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ਮੋਰੀ ਪਗ ਇਨ ਸੋ ||
May my prayers and thoughts always be in the immaculate, holy feet of the lord.
ਮਹਾ ਕਾਲ ਰਖਵਾਰ ਹਮਾਰੋ ||
I pray to my protector, the one that brings death to Death (the deity: Kali; which was worshipped in the past).
ਮਹਾਂ ਲੌਹ ਮੈ ਕਿੰਕਰ ਥਾਰੋ ||
Oh unbreakable one, I am your slave.
ਅਪਨਾ ਜਾਨ ਕਰੋ ਰਖਵਾਰ ||
Make me your slave oh Lord and watch over me.
ਬਾਂਹਿ ਗਹੇ ਕੀ ਲਾਜ ਬਿਚਾਰ ||
(I have come to your sanctuary) So preserve my honour.

Singho, thodi marji aa, tusi kisnu pujna, Par Guru Gobind Singh Ji ne saaf saaf likhya ke ohna ne kihnu prayer kiti.

Baki bharam bhulekya ch uljhe rehna ta uljhe raho.

Note: Chaupai Sahib (jittho di main aa pankti likhya ne) Dasam Granth di bani da hi ang hai. Na Sirf Chaupai Sahib, Jaap Sahib te Tav Parsad Saviye v Dasam Granth di bani da hi ang ne.
Jitthe Guru Ji ne Vishnu, Kali de existence di gal kiti aa, otthe hi Guru Ji ne Jaap Sahib ch Rahim, Allah di v gal kiti aa.
Bascially we do not deny existence of any religion and their deities.

Bhul chuk maaf,
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

full_taur

Good one PPS Bai. That is so true.

and its absolutely right. In SGGS there are more references to RAM, RAHIM, ALLAH then waheguru.

May be they cant digest it, as SGGS is for whole humanity and its beyond these religion things.so they cant really digest that how can it be true and how can it be so close to humanity.

Ramta

-

Chandi Di Var - SikhiWiki, free Sikh encyclopedia.
Read this and do read the purpose of this Baani and also the conclusion at the end.

OK....
When the Sikh Guru writes mythology there is a purpose. It is "inspirational writing" !!!
But mythology written by someone else is purposeless, meaningless, unscientific...
Hello, all mythology was written for the same purpose, to inspire, to make a point.
'Chandi Da Var' itself is inspired by 'Devi Mahatmya' of 'Markandeya-purana'.

One has to be really dumb to feel that the Gurus used these stories to illustrate a point
but the Hindu teachers were not doing the same thing.
The purpose of every mythology is the same as that of 'Chandi Da Var.
The purpose of 'Devi Mahatmya', the source of 'Chandi Da Var' is also the same.

That link to SikhWiki atleast proves we both agree that mythology helps fulfill purposes
when everything else fails....

"The main reason for writing about Chandi so many times was that Guru Gobind Singh Ji wanted
to affect a sea change in the mental make up of the society, to enthuse and encourage them for
the war of Righteousness that he planned to undertake. Thus Chandi the embodiment of might
in the female form was described in all her majesty and glory, her strength and might. And as
expected through his inspirational writings the Guru was able to transform the character of the
multitudes totally. At the same time, he agrandised the image of the mother placing it on a
pedestal unequalled by any." - Chandi Di Var - SikhiWiki, free Sikh encyclopedia.

Besides you don't deny Guru Gobind Singh wrote that. And wrote that with a purpose.

The large-eyed Chandika is the remover of all sufferings,
the donor of powers and support of the helpless in ferrying across the fearful ocean of the world;
It is difficult to know her beginning and end,
she emancipates and sustains him, who takes refuge in her,
She destroys the demons, finishes various types of desires and saves from the noose of death;
The same goddess is capable of bestowing the boon and good intellect;
by her Grace this Granth can be composed.

-

Thanks

-