Bebe Nanaki - First Sikh ?

@Dhillon
ਢੀਲੋ ਵੀਰ ਬੇਬੇ ਨਾਨਕੀ ਜੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਵੱਡੀ ਭੈਣ ਸਨ। ਇੱਕ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਪੱਧਰ ਤੇ ਕੋਈ ਅਣਹੋਣੀ ਗੱਲ ਨਹੀ ਕਿ ਇੱਕ ਭੈਣ ਦਾ ਆਪਣੇ ਛੋਟੇ ਭਾਈ ਨਾਲ ਬਹੁਤ ਪਿਆਰ ਹੋਵੇ। ਅੱਜ ਕੱਲ ਵੀ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ ਦੇਖਣ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲੇਗੀ, ਕੀ ਭੈਣ ਜਾ ਭੈਣਾ ਆਪਣੇ ਛੋਟੇ ਵੀਰ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਨ ਨਾਲੋ ਵੱਧ ਕੇ ਰੱਖਦੀਆ ਨੇ।
ਇਤਹਾਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਕਈ ਜਗਾ ਮੈਂਨੁੰ ਸੁਣਨ ਨੁੰ ਮਿਲੀਆ ਕਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੀ ਛੋਟੀ ਉਮਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੀ ਬਹੁਤ ਅਜੀਬੋ ਗਰੀਬ ਖੇਡਾ ਕਰਦੇ ਸਨ, ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲੌ ਕਿਹਾ ਜਾ ਸੱਕਦੇ, ਉਹ ਬਹੁਤ ਅਲੱਗ ਸੋਚ ਰੱਖਦੇ ਸਨ। ਬੇਬੇ ਨਾਨਕੀ ਨੂੰ ਬਹੁਤ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਦਾ ਯਕੀਂਨ ਹੋੲੇਆ, ਕਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਭਰਾ ਕੋਈ ਅਾਮ ਖਾਸ ਮਨੁਸ਼ ਨਹੀ। ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਪਰਗੱਟ ਹੀ ਸੱਬ ਤੋ ਪਹਿਲਾ ਆਪਣੀ ਭੈਣ ਦੇ ਮੂਰੇ ਹੋਏ। Bebe Nanaki was the first person who recognized the fact that her brother, Guru Nanak is not a ordinary person. Bebe Nanki was the first who recognized that Nanak was not an ordinary child, but a man of God. She was the first follower of Guru Nanak and stood between Nanak and her parents when they got angry with him and told them to recognize the true worth of Nanak. For her, Nanak was not only her brother (Veer) but also her Guru (Peer).

ਜਦੌ ਪਿਤਾ ਕਾਲੂ ਗੁੱਸਾ ਕਰਦੇ, ਮਾਤਾ ਜੀ ਕੋਈ ਗਿੱਲਾ ਕਰਦੇ, ਬੇਬੇ ਨਾਨਕੀ ਝੱਟ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇ ਸਾਥ ਲਈ ਖੜ ਜਾਦੇ।

The second Sikh is Rai Bhoe Bhaati and than it continues
Mardana was intially a friend or companion. Only during udaasi did he really started to see Nanak as a Guru. Which is evident that he always joked around and at times, had doubt on the judgement of Guru Nanak in a humorous way.

@Mahaj Hanji from a thinking prospective, yes these bhagats or philosophers had the same level of thinking (oneness of Humanity, strong ethics ) and love for only one akal purak.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
I dont quite understand, Mardana was Guru Ji's devoted friend.
travelled with him, learned (Sikhiya) from Guru Ji.

so how come he was not a Sikh ?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Marasi, but I guess prolly beacuse of him muslim he is not credited as the Guru Ji first follower (although he was following him everywhere ).

Marasi, but I guess prolly beacuse of him muslim he is not credited as the Guru Ji first follower (although he was following him everywhere ).

ਉਏ ਢੀਲੇ ਕੁਛੇ ਵਾਲੇ ਢੀਲੌ. That is pure nonsense that why mardana was not the first sikh because of his caste.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
In all Guru Ji travells , preaching , How come no one became his follower (Sikh?)

In all Guru Ji travells , preaching , How come no one became his follower (Sikh?)

Kyun nahi bane Sikh. Kauda Rakhshash, Bhai Lallo, Malik Bhago many many more are evident in janam saakhis
Eh doberman Manush nu ki patah, Guru Nanak asked Mardana specifically not to trim his hair before going on all journeys.

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
People who say Mardana was not a sikh have some extreme sense of stupidness, they are special kind of retards,
Mardana not only holds recognition as companion of baba nanak, but something way higher, that is being part of SGGS
bani of bhai mardana from GG,

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਰਦਾਨਾ ੧ ॥
ਕਲਿ ਕਲਵਾਲੀ ਕਾਮੁ ਮਦੁ ਮਨੂਆ ਪੀਵਣਹਾਰੁ ॥
ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਕਟੋਰੀ ਮੋਹਿ ਭਰੀ ਪੀਲਾਵਾ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ॥
ਮਜਲਸ ਕੂੜੇ ਲਬ ਕੀ ਪੀ ਪੀ ਹੋਇ ਖੁਆਰੁ ॥
ਕਰਣੀ ਲਾਹਣਿ ਸਤੁ ਗੁੜੁ ਸਚੁ ਸਰਾ ਕਰਿ ਸਾਰੁ ॥
ਗੁਣ ਮੰਡੇ ਕਰਿ ਸੀਲੁ ਘਿਉ ਸਰਮੁ ਮਾਸੁ ਆਹਾਰੁ ॥
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਖਾਧੈ ਜਾਹਿ ਬਿਕਾਰ ॥੧॥
this should be end of this thread

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
who ever gives that credit is also stupid and has no sense of sikhism
bebe nanki pehli insaan c jehri babe nanak ton prabavit hoi, thats how it should be said
bebe nanaki de kise gurdware di golak thurdi huni a, so ohna eda kehna shuru karta
who was the firdt sikh can never be known, who was the first person who got inspired from baba nanak and turned sikh , is also very hard to know

Sadhu

its really hard to know who was first sikh, kabeer? , may be parlahad ? Aristotle ?
i ll go with parlahad or may be someone millions of years ago, who knows

A sikh means a student or a learner. Mardana n Bala shud both b called d first followers
of Nanak for d simple reason dat dey followed Nanak every-where. Nanaki didn't.
But Nanaki was a Bedi. Upper-caste n a descendent of Ram. Initially d gur-gaddi
ws supposed to b a Bedi monopoly. It was a dera of d Bedi's.

-
who was the firdt sikh can never be known, who was the first person who got
inspired from baba nanak and turned sikh , is also very hard to know

I can tell dat Nanaks son Srichand wasnt d first person who was inspired by Nanak.

Anyway I fond a nice picture of Guru Ram Das Ji and Guru Sri Chand Ji.

4440929188_db64975585-1.jpg

-

Sadhu

A sikh means a student or a learner. Mardana n Bala shud both b called d first followers
of Nanak for d simple reason dat dey followed Nanak every-where. Nanaki didn't.
But Nanaki was a Bedi. Upper-caste n a descendent of Ram. Initially d gur-gaddi
ws supposed to b a Bedi monopoly. It was a dera of d Bedi's.

-

I can tell dat Nanaks son Srichand wasnt d first person who was inspired by Nanak.

Anyway I fond a nice picture of Guru Ram Das Ji and Guru Sri Chand Ji.

4440929188_db64975585-1.jpg

-

this picture proves nothing,
same as picture of flying monkey doesnt make him hanuman
https://www.unp.me/attachments/f114...nkeys-demotivational-poster-1260718554-1-.jpg
one god sniffing other god's ass ?

-
I honestly don't understand Y U shud think I was trying to prove something
by posting sri-chands picture. Every one knows Guru Amardas washed his feet.
It's a historical fact.

N I don't see what U're trying to say with that pic of d monkeys.
U think somebody got in ther or came out of ther??
We all came from there. Ram, Krishna, Nanak, guru gobind singh,
bin laden, bhindrawalla, U, me, we all share that same Ancestor.
Thats wher we all came from.

N if U think I'm some Hindu idealogue U shud kno that d hindu mind
has to make complex decisions. It's not so simple as buying a book
from a mandi n getting all d answers written in there.

Whoever learnt anything from a book??
All books say d same thing on every page.

-

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR
well somehow you gonna act as a great medium for me to educate sikhs about all the misconceptions
this is historical fact coming from SGGS about srichand
ਪੁਤ੍ਰੀ ਕਉਲੁ ਨ ਪਾਲਿਓ ਕਰਿ ਪੀਰਹੁ ਕੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਮੁਰਟੀਐ ॥ His sons did not obey His Word; they turned their backs on Him as Guru.
ਦਿਲਿ ਖੋਟੈ ਆਕੀ ਫਿਰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਬੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਭਾਰੁ ਉਚਾਇਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਛਟੀਐ ॥ These evil-hearted ones became rebellious; they carry loads of sin on their backs.
ਜਿਨਿ ਆਖੀ ਸੋਈ ਕਰੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਕੀਤੀ ਤਿਨੈ ਥਟੀਐ ॥ Whatever the Guru said, Lehna did, and so he was installed on the throne
,,,,, well except hindus, they came from mouse , kacchu ,,, menu hun oda naam nai yaad ...jida sir hathi da te sareer bande da te akal khote di ..
yeah, exactly why not follow that book that has all answers, makes life easy, do it broh
only monkeys can worship monkeys

People who say Mardana was not a sikh have some extreme sense of stupidness, they are special kind of retards,
Mardana not only holds recognition as companion of baba nanak, but something way higher, that is being part of SGGS
bani of bhai mardana from GG, this should be end of this thread
oh mein kadon keha ki Mardana oh sikh nahi hai? tusi vi yaar dhillion warga dheela damag rakh de. Why was bebe nanaki was first sikh? eis gal nu samjaoon di khoshis kitti mein. pher eis dheeleh ne eh push liya, how come mardana is not the first sikh?
aukha sachi...
mardana is a true sikh...his faith grew gradually as he progressed in sikhi with each event he witness with Guru Nanak Dev ji on his first udasi.

-
I honestly don't understand Y U shud think I was trying to prove something
by posting sri-chands picture. Every one knows Guru Amardas washed his feet.
It's a historical fact..
-

Listen you Door Knob
It is mentioned in accounts of the time that that when Guru Ram Das met Baba Siri Chand, Baba Siri Chand Ji commented that Guru Ram Das had the longest beard he had seen. Guru Ram Das replied, "It is to wipe the feet of the saints like you". Guru Ram Das bent down to do so, and Siri Chand pulled his feet back in surprise.

Than Sri Chand replied, because of this nimrata, this humbleness, you are sitting on the throne of Devotion, Guru Gaadi of Guru Nanak. He said, my brother and I lacked this humbleness, we didn't listen to our Father (Guru Nanak Dev) and lost this throne.

So! Sri Chand was really impressed, and praises the 4th Nanak. Sri Chand started to have even more respect for the successors of Guruships in his Heart.

Through Sri Chand's udaseen matt, Guru Nanak`s word was also carried to far corners of the subcontinent . Baba Siri Chand kept in touch with successive Gurus ande Gurus held him in high esteem. Kartarpurs town's foundation brick was layed out by Baba Shri Chand Ji

We sikh have so much respect for Baba Shri Chand. He has done so much for Sikhi