Babbar Khalsa

Quick Register
User Name:
Human Verification

Go Back   UNP > Contributions > Religion and Politics

UNP Register


Old 25-Feb-2013
Babbar Khalsa


Shaheedi Of Bhai Anokh Singh Babbar

Shaheed Bhai Anokh Singh Babbar

One day Bhai Sahib was arrested by Vairoval Police in the Amritsar area. For many days Bhai Sahib was kept hanging upside down in the police station. Foot-long metal rods were heated up and hammered into his legs, from the heels upward. A pin was put through his private parts and an electricity connection was attached to it so that he could be shocked. Hot metal rods were also passed through his chest. But the Guru’s Singh took the tortures calmly. All the torturers heard was “Vahiguru”. No cries of pain, no screams.
After the torture, Bhai Sahib was left on the ground, unable to move. The time for Rehraas arrived. Bhai Sahib opened his eyelids but the sockets that held his eyes were hollow. His beautiful beard was soaked in blood. Those eyes which were once lost in deep meditation had been taken out by the dushts.
Bhai Sahib called out, “Sentry! Bhai Sahib Ji, what time is it?” He felt around himself with his hands to find the guard.
“It’s 7.15 Babio. What? What has happend to your eyes??”
The Sentry looked at Bhai Sahib’s face and felt frightened.
“Oh, it must be time for Sodar then. Sodar tera kayhaa…” Bhai Anokh Singh began to recite Rehraas Sahib lying on the ground. Even though his body was shattered, Bhai Sahib recited the paath in a sweet voice. The Sentry too felt the vairaag.
After Sodar, Bhai Sahib, still lying on the ground began Ardaas. It was a daily part of his routine. “Ten Gurus, Punj Pyaaray, Chaar Sahibzaaday, The Guru’s Jhanday and Boongay…” Bhai Sahib then began his personal ardaas: “Hay Akaal Purakh Suchay Paatshah Guru Nanak dev Gareeb Nivaaj Satguru, the day which rose in your bhaaNaa has passed in happiness, meditating on your naam. Suchay Paatshah, night has arrived, may it too pass while remembering your Naam and in your BhaaNaa….Satguru, May I be a Shaheed…Suchay Patshaah, save me from becoming a traitor…Satguru, may the Sikhi and kesh you have given me last with me till my final breaths…Such Paatshah, have mercy on all…. Bolay So Nihaal…Sat Sree Akaal!!”
The Jaikara Bhai Sahib sounded echoed throughout the police station. The Sentry ran to the station-head and surrendered his rifle and tabled his resignation.
“I can’t do this job that forces people to kill saints…I can’t…” He kept repeating himself.
The SSP cursed, “They are all magicians… another of our officers has left the service because of this paath!!”
And then another atrocity was committed. Bhai Sahib’s tongue was cut off using a metal cutting saw. Streams of blood flowed from Bhai Sahib’s mouth but the faithful Singh raised his hands in Ardaas and thanked Vahiguru.
In the end, the police became tired of all this and shot Bhai Sahib in the station. When the shot was fired, a motor cycle was started so that the gun could not be heard. Over night, Bhai Sahib’s body was thrown into the river Beas.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Amarjeet Singh Khemkaran

Shaheed Bhai Amarjeet Singh Khemkaran

Shaheed Bhai Amarjeet Singh Khemkaran was born into the household of Sardar Kashmeer Singh & Mata Gurdeep Kaur in the year of 1953 in the village Khemkaran which nears the Pakistan border. Generally people hailing from the Majha area of Panjab are traditionally very fit, athletic and have strong muscular physique. Bhai Amarjeet Singh was no different, and due to this Bhai Sahib was accepted into the Panjab Police in 1972.
In 1978 Bhai Sahib was married to Bibi Malkeet Kaur, daughter of Sardar Gurmej Singh of village Mani Singh wala. In Vaisakhi (April 13) of the the same year the Narkdharis carried out a procession on the sacred land of Amritsar in which the Sikh Gurus and faith were being insulted. A group of Sikhs marched to protest against this procession, the group was fired upon by the Narkdharis with the assistance of police officials which resulted in the martyrdom of 13 Sikhs.
The procession and subsequent massacre outraged the entire Sikh Nation, Sikhs all over the world were left hurt and saddened and demanded justice against the perpetrators.

Bhai Sewa Singh and Shaheed Bhai Gurnam Singh

At this time Bhai Amarjeet Singh was on duty under the command of SSP Sardar Simranjeet Singh Mann. All officers under the command of Simranjeet Singh Mann became strict followers of the Sikh religion which was highly due to the parchar (preaching) of Bhai Amarjeet Singh within the station, along with colleagues Bhai Seva Singh & Bhai Gurnam Singh.
Following the Amritsar massacre Bhai Amarjeet Singh, Bhai Seva Singh & Bhai Gurnam Singh began to continue in their Panthic seva outwith the Panjab police and directed their attention to punishing the perpetrators of the Amritsar massacres.

Jathedar Talwinder Singh Babbar

On this journey Bhai Sahib was looking for like-minded individuals, this is how he came into contact with Jathedar Talwinder Singh Babbar. Bhai Amarjeet Singh secretly began working alongside the Babbar Khalsa who had been carrying out actions against the Narkdharis hierarchy.

Shaheed Jathedar Sukhdev Singh Singh Babbar and Shaheed Bhai Sulakhan Singh Babbar

In 1981 an important action was carried out upon officer Niranjan Singh, a follower of the Narkdhari sect. Bhai Amarjeet Singh, Bhai Sukhdev Singh Babbar, Bhai Sulakhan Singh Babbar reached the Chandigarh secretariat. Bhai Sulakhan Singh was sat outside on his motorcycle whilst Bhai Sukhdev Singh and Bhai Armajeet Singh entered the building with a revolver concealed in a register document.
Upon entering the building the Singhs spotted there target and opened fire, however Niranjan Singh managed to flee. Upon hearing the gunshots the public chaotically started running out of the building, both Singhs joined in the crowd, Bhai Amarjeet Singh managed to leave the building, but Bhai Sukhdev Singh was surrounded by the police.
Bhai Amarjeet Singh joined Bhai Sulakhan Singh and opened fire at the police and managed to free Bhai Sukhdev Singh and all 3 Singhs managed to escape unharmed.
Bhai Sahib continued to work for the Panjab Police whilst also performing his Panthic duties. Bhai Sahib and other Sikh officers would cover for one another when each officer was out punishing enemies of the Sikh Panth.
On November 19, 1981 upon completing there missions of punishing Narkdharis in the Jalandhar and Kapurthla districts, Bhai Sahib and Bhai Tarsem Singh had attended a meeting in the village of Daheru, district Ludhiana. Also present at this meeting were Bhai Vadhava Singh Babbar (present chief of Babbar Khalsa), Jathedar Talwinder Singh Babbar, Tarsem Singh Kalasanghian (currently in Netherlands) and Bhai Gurnam Singh (colleague of Bhai Amarjeet Singh).
The Panjab Police were informed of this by one of their touts, and headed by Inspector Pritam Singh Bajwa, the police in huge numbers descended upon Daheru village.
The police surrounded the house in which the Singhs were sitting, and the owner of the house Bibi Nachattar Kaur was taken into custody. Bhai Amarjeet Singh and Bhai Tarsem were on the open roof of the house, when the police attempted to enter the house they were greeted with a hail of bullets. A long encounter ensued in which 3 police officers were killed including Inspector Pritam Singh Bajwa and Constable Surat Singh. Both Singhs managed to escape from the Police and ran into the fields.
The police made an announcement stating that the Singhs were still in the village and if any local was to give them refuge or shelter, they would be regarded equally as guilty as the wanted Singhs. All villagers were strictly instructed to stay where they were and not to move. The farm workers were also told to stop what they were doing and be seated.
The police wanted to catch the Singhs at any cost, at first sniffer dogs were brought in but to no avail, then a helicopter circled the village with hundreds of officers patrolling on the ground. Mircalously the Singhs managed to escape from the village.
This was the first major encounter of the Sikh struggle movement, in which a handful of Singhs caused havoc amongst the police forces. From the ammunition recovered from the village, the police connected the Singhs to the Jalandhar and Kapurthla cases, and also discovered the identities of the 2 Singhs, Bhai Amarjeet Singh Khemkaran and Bhai Tarsem Singh.
The police began hassling the family of Bhai Amarjeet Singh as to his whereabouts. Each time a case was linked to Bhai Amarjeet Singh, the local police of the area in which the incident occurred would arrest Bibi Malkeet Kaur and take her away for questioning. 17 separate village panchayats were involved in the release of Bibi Malkeet Kaur, but the police continued to harass her. As Bhai Amarjeet Singh was carrying out his panthic duties whilst being underground,
Sant jarnail Singh Khalsa sent a Jatha to Bhai Sahib’s family and offered them security within the Jatha. Bibi Malkeet Kaur along with her mother and brother Darshan Singh moved to Sri Darbar Sahib complex and lived under the guard of the Jatha Singhs.
In January 1984, Bhai Amarjeet Singh came to meet Sant Jarnail Singh at Sri Darbar Sahib and began staying with his family at Sri Darbar complex. By this time Bhai Darshan Singh had also taken up arms and was involved in the Jatha activities.

Shaheed Bhai Amarjeet Singh Khemkaran with Sant Jarnail Singh

Bhai Amarjeet Singh was a very clever individual and would often pick up on the dirty tricks being played by the government to dis-unite the kaum, such as the rumours of the Babbars dislike of Sant Ji and their Jatha Singhs. Bhai Sahib being close with both Jathas, would quickly root out the troublemakers. Whilst Bhai Sahib carried out many actions alongside the Babbar Khalsa Singhs, he was extremely close to Sant Jarnail Singh .

In June 1984, as the Indian army was planning an all out assault on Sri Darbar Sahib, Sant Jarnail Singh summoned all the Jujharoo Singhs inside the complex and instructed them to send their wife’s, kids, and relatives away from Sri Darbar Sahib.
On the 1st of June 1984, the battle between the Hindustani forces and the Jujharoo Singhs began which lasted over 7 hours. On the 3rd of June the firing once again started, and at this point Sant Jarnail Singh instructed all the women and children to leave Sri Darbar Sahib with Giani Puran Singh.
On the night of June 3rd, Bhai Sahib met with Bibi Malkeet Kaur and his 2 sons, Bhai Sarbjeet Singh & Bhai Gurpreet Singh at the home of Giani Mohan Singh. This was to be their last meeting.
Bhai Sahib was positioned at Ghanta Ghar alongside Bhai Darshan Singh, both Singh’s fought bravely to keep out the Indian Army from entering the complex. In the end their guns fell silent and both Singhs attained Shaheedi.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Amarjeet Singh Babbar

Shaheed Bhai Amarjeet Singh Babbar was born in village Hans Kala, Jagraon. His parents were Sardar Gulzar Singh and Mata Gurdail Kaur. Bhai Amarjeet Singh had one brother and a sister.
Bhai Sahib went to primary school in Hans Kalan and then went to High School there. Bhai Amarjeet Singh was a very athletic youth. He was an avid field hockey player and was his school team’s captain. Bhai Sahib was also very smart in school and always came at the top of his class. When he graduated in 1988, Bhai Amarjeet Singh secured 72% marks on his finals (a very high mark in India).
During his time in High School, Bhai Sahib was known to be very outspoken. He wasn’t afraid of speaking the truth to anyone. Bhai Amarjeet Singh had even physically challenged the local gangsters. He was always ready to stand up for those being bullied.
After High School, Bhai Amarjeet Singh was accepted into Guru Nanak Engineering College, Ludhiana. It was here he came into contact with Gursikhs and became Amritdhari.
Bhai Sahib began to live a very strict Gursikh lifestyle at this point. He spoke very sweetly to all and loved to listen to keertan. He would wake at Amrit vela and do keshi ishnaan. After naam abhyaas, Bhai Sahib would do his nitnem along with Sukhmani Sahib. After finishing his daily nitnem, Bhai Sahib would go to the Gurdwara and only then would he do anything else. Bhai Sahib stopped attending non-Gurmat events like wedding parties, etc.
Bhai Amarjeet Singh Ji was also a Sarbloh Bibeki Singh. He made a point of always speaking sweetly and with love for all. He was opposed to swearing or speaking harshly.
Bhai Sahib began to distribute Gurmat literature around the area for free and speak out against Manmat practices. At all times, his lips would have Gurbani on them and he would encourage others to become Amritdhari.
Bhai Amarjeet Singh attended rhensbhais by the Akhand Kirtani Jatha very eagerly and at the same time, he was close friends with many Singhs associated with the Damdami Taksal and attended programs organized by the Taksal as well.
Bhai Amarjeet Singh became known as a very dedicated Gursikh and won the respect of those around him. In his days at Guru Nanak Engineering College, the Indian Government was terrorizing the people of Punjab. Thousands of innocent Sikhs had been killed and Gurdwaras desecrated. Bhai Sahib began to think seriously about Khalsa Raj.
Bhai Sahib was attending a local rhensbhai keertan when Bhai Harbhajan Singh Mand of Babbar Khalsa approached him. Babbar Khalsa was an organization of dedicated Gursikhs who fought a principled battle against the Indian State, based on Gurmat. Bhai Amarjeet Singh eagerly offered any assistance he could provide.
Bhai Amarjeet Singh moved to Kila Raipur while studying at the College and made friends with Bhai Amarpreet Singh. Bhai Amarpreet Singh was also involved in the Sikh Liberation Movement and introduced Bhai Amarjeet Singh to a number of Sikh fighters (Bhai Amarpreet Singh became Shaheed in June 1992).
While still studying in College, Bhai Amarjeet Singh became to work with Bhai Harbhajan Singh Babbar (Delianvali). He became an expert at secret operations and no one outside a very small group of Singhs knew about his involvement. He would go secretly on missions and then return in time to be an engineering student. No one could guess he was an active Sikh guerrilla.

Shaheeds: Bhai Hardeep Singh Pona and Dr. Darshpreet Singh Rumi

While doing seva in Babbar Khalsa, Bhai Amarjeet Singh began to take notice of weaknesses in the Sikh Movement. He noticed that some fighters in other organizations had taken to using narcotics and had made links with smugglers. Bhai Sahib summoned a meeting of all organizations to discuss this issue. Local Singhs like Bhai Hardeep Singh Pona, Dr. Darshpreet Singh Rumi, Bhai Mohan Singh Shiekpura attended and agreed to fight this practice.
In the final days of the Sikh Movement in 1992, some Sikh fighters also began to cut their hair to avoid capture. Bhai Sahib was very fiercely opposed to this. Bhai Amarjeet Singh would say:
“According to Sikh history, Singhs like Bhai Taru Singh and many others lived and died with their kes intact. Today, some people who call themselves Singhs are having their kes cut. How can they call themselves Singhs of the Guru? Our Guru had said he would not even give his darshan to those without kes and called such people Bheds (cowardly sheep). These people cannot be Singhs of Guru Gobind Singh.”
Bhai Sahib believed that a true Shaheed was one who died with his Sikhi and rehit intact. If Guru Sahib would not give his darshan to a Sikh with cut hair, how could he accept such a person’s death as a “Shaheedi”.

Shaheed Bhai Kuldeep Singh Sheikupura - General of Khalistan Liberation Force

The Sikh Liberation Movement was beginning to suffer major setbacks, but Bhai Amarjeet Singh remained in Chardi Kala. He had begun to work with Bhai Kuldeep Singh Sheikupura (Khalistan Liberation Force) and continued unafraid.
While still at Guru Nanak Engineering College, Bhai Amarjeet Singh was betrayed by an informant. Bhai Sahib was doing his daily Amrit vela at home when the police party swooped in. Bhai Sahib was arrested and tortured mercilessly. Bhai Sahib quietly bore everything but spoke nothing.
The police then removed Bhai Sahib’s kakaars. Bhai Amarjeet Singh declared that until his kakaars were returned, he would not so much as drink a drop of water. The torture continued and Bhai Sahib remained absorbed in naam simran. The police became frustrated and could not get Bhai Sahib to speak even a word. The police expected him to beg for water as the torture continued, but Bhai Amarjeet Singh continued his jaap and asked for nothing.
On March 11th, 1992, as Bhai Sahib’s body became weaker and still not one piece of information could be taken, the police took him to village Kaneeaa(n) and martyred him in a fake encounter.
Bhai Sahib’s life is a glowing example of what a true Sikh fighter is like. His life was dedicated to Khalsa principals. It is the involvement of Singhs like this that will make Sikh liberation possible. It is the sacrifice of Gursikhs like this that will one day bring Khalsa Raj. Bhai Amarjeet Singh Khalsa was a real Babbar.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Amarjeet Singh ‘Shahzada’ Babbar

Shaheeds: Bhai Amarjeet Singh Shahzada Babbar & Bhai Iqbal Singh Papa Babbar

Shaheed Bhai Amarjeet Singh ‘Shahzada’ was born in the house of Sardar Inder Singh of village Dhirovaal, district Jalandhar.
Under the leadership of Jathedar Sukhdev Singh Babbar and Bhai Vadhava Singh, Bhai Amarjeet Singh gave his priceless contribution to the Sikh Freedom Movement.
Bhai Vadhava Singh, impressed by Bhai Amarjeet Singh’s physical stature, manner of speaking and personality nicknamed him Shahzada or ‘Prince’. He was 22 or 23 years old and he was quite tall with a strong body and glowing face. He was always smiling and ready to laugh. Whoever sat with him even for a short time began to feel as though they had known him for ages.
He did not care about the comforts of home. The attachment to his family did not ever drag him back. The events of June 1984 moved him so profoundly that one day he left home saying he was going to the store, but neither did he end up at the store nor did he ever return home. After many attempts, he was able to come into contact with Singhs of Babbar Khalsa. He presented himself for the service of the Panth and he was assigned to Bhai Vadhava Singh. Until his final days he served under his leadership.
For two and a half years, he had no contact with his family. His family tried to track him down but was unsuccessful. Finally, they began to believe that he had died and had an Akhand Paath in his memory and had his final Ardaas performed. After this, Bhai Shazada accidentally ran into his brother at some place and finding out about the ardaas said, “It is good you have done an Akhand Paath for me. These days, if a Singh falls into the police’s hands, not even his body can be traced. It’s possible that when they kill me, you will not even receive news of it.”
When the Babbar Khalsa and Khalistan Liberation Force became closer, General Bhai Avtar Singh Brahma began to visit Bhai Shazada’s hideout. General Brahma was also very taken by Bhai Amarjeet Singh. He used to say, “No matter how tired I am, after just listening to Bhai Shazada talk all my fatigue is lifted.”
No one has any doubts about the discipline of the Singhs that served in Babbar Khalsa. No one could refuse the Jathedar’s orders. Bhai Amarjeet Singh too always remained in total discipline.
Bhai Amarjeet Singh was very firm in Khalsa Rehit. He had memorized countless banis. He would begin his nitnem at 3 AM at Amrit vela and continue until 8 in the morning.
Bhai Amarjeet Singh used to say to Bhai Vadhava Singh, “Bhai Sahib, I don’t want anything else but whenever I go out on a mission, I need a good-looking kurta pyjama because when I leave my body and people come to see my corpse lying in the fields, the youth should see the glow on my face and my smart clothes. Then they too will feel inspired and their hearts will themselves be pulled to join the Singhs.
Satguru Sachay Patshah fulfilled Bhai Shazada’s desire to leave his body in a glorious manner on January 28, 1989 and made him an inspiration to countless others.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Avtar Singh Babbar

Shaheed Bhai Avtar Singh Pehlwan Babbar

Bhai Avtar Singh Babbar (Pehlvan) became associated with Babbar Khalsa International because it was said that this group ran completely according to Sikh principles and the workers are all very dedicated to religious matters. In his earlier life, Bhai Avtar Singh was not firm in his religious beliefs but later, he faced such circumstances that he became ready to sacrifice his all and die for the Sikh faith and Sikh interests.
Shaheed Bhai Avtar Singh Babbar was born in March 1960 in home of Sardar Saroop Singh and Bibi Mahinder Kaur. The family had three sons and two daughters. He was the youngest son.
Supporting such a large household from income earned through the family farm became diffuclt and so the family in 1968, left their native Jhabal and moved to Amritsar City (Kangra Colony).
Bhai Avtar Singh studied until the sixth grade. He completed four in Jhabal and two further in the city. After this he did not study further.
Like his brothers, Bhai Avtar Singh began working in a factory, but he did not stay long in any place. In one job he would spend six months and then move on and work a year some where else and so on. This continued until 1984. At that time, Bhai Avtar Singh had cut his hair and shaved his beard. He used to also drink a lot of liquor. He had very good relations with the local communists and used to join in all their events. Bhai Avtar Singh was also the Union President of his factory. His older brother’s used to take part in the Akali Morcha and Bhai Avtar Singh used to mock and make fun of them. In those days, he was essentially an atheist.

Maninderjit Bitta

Around this time, Bhai Avtar Singh bought a liquor shop near Amritsar’s Gagan Cinema. He soon fell into a feud with a nearby liquor shop owner, which was resolved by Maninderjit Bitta (Youth Congress (I) leader). [Note: Bitta is still active today. He is now the leader of the All-India Anti Terrorist Front. He worked very vigorously against the Sikh Freedom Movement. Bhai Davinderpal Singh Bhullar is facing execution in India for an alleged assassination attempt on Bitta]. After this, Bhai Avtar Singh became a close associate of Bitta and even became the Block President of the Youth Congress.
The Congress candidate for Kangra Colony, Madan Lal Vohra wanted that Bhai Avtar Singh’s family should vote for the Congress, but they did not want to and refused. If they were in the villages, they would vote for the Akali Dal and if in the City [where there are no Akali Candidates], they would vote for the Jan Sangh. It was because of this that the family came into conflict with Madan Lal Vohra.
During the attack on Sri Darbar Sahib, on June 6th, 1984 at 1.30AM, Madan Lal Vohra complained to the army that the three brothers were a risk to the local Hindus and had them arrested. The brothers were first taken to the army camp at Amritsar, where they were interrogated and tortured. After this, on June 27, they were sent to jail and released on July 9, 1984. After this, Bhai Avtar Singh’s life was transformed. He was no longer an atheist. The reason for this was his experience in jail. He was of course now a victim on the Indian Government’s unjust law that had him arrested and tortured. But he was also shocked by the bigoted policy that had resulted in the attack on Sri Darbar Sahib.
In jail, Bhai Avtar Singh had met Babbar Khalsa’s Bhai Kulvant Singh (Ambala) and his companions. The Singhs used to do paath and keertan together and always stayed content within Akal Purakh’s will. These Singhs had a very deep effect on Bhai Avtar Singh. His interest in the Guru and Gurbani grew very quickly. After being released from prison he became a tyar-bar-tyar Singh. After just a little while, his nitnem grew to 15 banis and in his final days it was 21 banis.
Bhai Avtar Singh, to fight against Indian terror, joined Babbar Khalsa to take part in the Panthic Movement. He took part in some very major actions.
On June 20, 1986, Bhai Avtar Singh was arrested by the Amritsar Police and brutally tortured. He was then sent to jail on July 26, 1986. After some days, he was turned over to the Delhi police for interrogation. It was there that they declared him the main accused in a plot to blow up the Indian Parliament. He was sent to Indore jail under the NSA act. His family filed a petition against this and the NSA charges were dropped. On May 19, 1987, Bhai Avtar Singh was brought back to Amritsar. His older brother, Bhai Jasbir Singh had been arrested on May 5th.
Bhai Avtar Singh was given to the Amritsar Police under a remand for May 21, 1987. Both of Bhai Sahib’s arms were broken at this time due to torture. On the night of May 21st, Bhai Sahib was martyred in a fake encounter. On May 23, the newspapers announced that in an encounter, Goindwal Police had killed a major terrorist, Bhai Avtar Singh, and his companion, Bhai Rana Partap Singh Babbar.

Shaheed Bhai Rana Partap Singh Babbar

The police decided to cremate the bodies of Bhai Avtar Singh and Bhai Rana Partap Singh. When the family arrived to take bodies, they found that the police had already placed the bodies together on one pyre at Tarn Taran’s cremation grounds and lit the wood. Bhai Rana Partap Singh’s mother parents along with their village panchait arrived at that time and decided to cremate the bodies themselves. They pushed the government’s wood aside and removed the bodies. The Singh’s hands were still tied behind their backs and their bodies were ripped apart by the torture. Bhai Avtar Singh and Bhai Rana Partap Singh were cremated with due honour and their ashes were immersed at Sri Goindwal Sahib.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Balwinder Singh Jattana Babbar

Since the birth of the Khalsa in the Land of Five Rivers, countless sons and daughters of Punjab have given their lives to protect their freedom, their people and their natural resources. Just like the looting foreign invaders have taken different forms in the army of Ahmad Shah Abdali, the British colonialists, and today’s foreign and Indian capitalists, Punjab’s organized resistance has manifested itself from time to time in the Babbar Akalis, the Gadhr Party and the Kharkoo Jathebandis of the Sikh Liberation Movement.

Shaheed Bhai Balwinder Singh Jattana Babbar

Shaheed Bhai Balwinder Singh Jattana Babbar was one of the Sikh Liberation Movement’s heroes, who struggled endlessly to end the looting and subjugation of Punjab. Bhai Sahib was a dedicated and determined Naujavaan – steadfast on his principles – who made the ultimate sacrifice for the liberation of the Sikh Kaum. At the young age of 25, Bhai Balwinder Singh left the peace of his own home and his education to to fight for an independent Sikh homeland. Bhai Sahib entered the battlefield fearlessly and quickly rose to prominence in the Malwa region of Punjab. Recognizing his leadership qualities and his Gursikhi Jeevan, Bhai Balwinder Singh was soon established as Babbar Khalsa’s Malwa Area Commander.

Shaheed Bhai Charanjit Singh 'Channa' Babbar

Bhai Balwinder Singh and his companions, such as, Jathedar Bhagat Singh Bhagta (Ropar), Bhai Harmeet Singh Bhaowal and Bhai Charanjeet Singh ‘Channa’ were responsible for many courageous actions in their area and struck fear in the hearts of the police. One such action took place on July 23, 1990 in Chandigarh’s Sector 26 at the SYL Canal’s head office.
Since the British colonizers made their exit from the Indian subcontinent and transferred power to India’s Brahmin, “free” Hindu India has oppressed, looted and exploited the people of Punjab unceasingly. One such scheme to cripple the Sikh’s of Punjab economically and ecologically, was to divert and steal Punjab’s river water. With this end in mind, the Satluj-Yamuna-Link canal was proposed in 1982 to carry Punjab’s river water to neighboring Haryana and despite the democratic protest of Punjab’s people, construction of the project began over the next few years. Remembering the words of Guru Gobind Singh Jee that, “when all peaceful means fail, it is righteous to raise the sword,” Bhai Balwinder Singh Jatana, Bhai Jagtar Singh Panjola, Bhai Balbir Singh Fauji and Bhai Harmeet Singh Bhaowal decided to stop the looting of Punjab’s resources “by any means necessary.”
On the morning of the 23rd, all four of the Guru’s Singhs approached the head office on scooters while the chief engineers of the SYL project held a meeting on the second floor of the building. The jatha of Babbar’s entered the office casually and made their way to the meeting place with silenced pistols. Like lightning, they struck – eliminating M.S. Sikri and Avtar Aulakh, the engineers who were collaborating with the Brahmin Sarkar to loot Punjab’s resources and livelihood. Just as casually as they had entered, the Singhs walked out of the office and left on the same scooters they had come on. The government was shaken by the audacity of the action and immediately halted the SYL project.

Shaheed Bhai Balwinder Singh Jattana & Family Members

On August 29th of the following summer, Jujharoo Singhs attacked SSP Sumedh Saini, killing his driver and bodyguard. Saini survived the attack with few injuries and his suspicion immediately fell on Bhai Balwinder Singh. In an act of revenge, Saini sent his group of police cat Nangs, led by Ajit Poohla, to Bhai Balwinder Singh’s village home in Jatana. Upon arriving they found Bhai Sahib’s 80 year old grandmother, 40 year old aunt, 13 year old cousin and his 5 year old nephew suffering from polio. Nang Poohla and his cronies, proceeded to murder all four family members and burnt their bodies along with the home. Illustrating his unshakable dedication to the liberation struggle, when Bhai Sahib learned of the attack, he remained calm and said, “Their plan is to divert us from the path of freedom. They kill our families and expect us to kill innocent people (Hindus) in return. Sikhs do not kill anyone out of anger. We will be harming the movement by resorting to the police’s tactics.”
It was a few days later, on September 4, 1991, that an informer alerted the police of Bhai Sahib’s whereabouts – hoping to collect the Rs. 16 lakh reward on his head. It was the afternoon of the fourth when Bhai Balwinder Singh and Bhai Charanjeet Singh ‘Channa’ were driving towards Sadhugarh village when they saw a police checkpoint. They abruptly turned their jeep around and ran into nearby fields for an encounter with the police. Both Singh’s had very little ammunition and were soon martyred by the police.

Shaheeds: Bhai Balwinder Singh Jattana Babbar & Bhai Charanjeet Singh 'Channa' Bhog announcement

It’s this blood that has watered the fertile Land of Five Rivers that invigorates us to continue our struggle and never give up in the face of the oppressor. As Punjab’s waters are continuously looted, our land and resources stolen and our people butchered mercilessly, we must look to our history for guidance and inspiration to continue our fight for Azadi. Khalistan is our manzil and no matter how hard the Brahmin sarkar tries to break us or the cowards try to sway us… Jang jari rahegi…

“Our struggle will continue as long as a handful of men, be they foreign or native, or both in collaboration with each other, continue to exploit the labour and resources of our people. Nothing shall deter us from this path.”
-Kartar Singh Sarabha

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Charat Singh Babbar challenge and encounter with security forces

Shaheed Bhai Charat Singh Babbar

During the Sikh struggle for independance, the courageous Jujharoo Singh’s carried out numerous action which resulted in sleepless nights for the Delhi rulers. One such action worth mentioning took place as Shaheed Bhai Charat Singh Babbar re-enacted the history of Bhai Bota Singh and Bhai Garja Singh.
It was in the year 1990/1991, fake encounters by the Punjab Police had become routine. Bhai Charat Singh had decided to tackle the security forces head on and assembled a squad of Babbar Khalsa Jujharoo’s. Around 4pm the group set up a roadblock on en-route from GT Road (Amritsar) to Batala Road and challenged the CRPF and Punjab Police to a real encounter.
2-3 hours had elapsed yet not a single Punjab Police or BSF/CRPF vehicle had passed by. Bhai Charat Singh spoke out to the Singhs and said “Now we are going to collect tax for Khalistan” the Singhs asked “How are we going to do that?” Bhai Charat Singh said for each car that passes the owner must pay 5 rupees tax and a 2 rupees charge for each truck driver. This was to send a message to the government that Jujharoo rule had been established and the Singh’s were openly collecting tax.
According to eye-witness sources, truck drivers and car drivers were gladly paying the tax, in fact many where handing 100 rupee notes and suggesting to the Singh’s that the tax amount’s are too low, and that they should be raised. Bhai Charat Singh re-iterated the reasons behind the “taxing” and said we are only doing this to show the Punjab Police and Hindustan Government that the heirs to Bhai Bota Singh and Bhai Garja Singh’s legacy are still alive.
Bhai Charat Singh then sent a written challenge to Sadar police station, Batala, stating that the Singh’s had blocked off the road, if your force is brave enough then come and face us. When this letter had no effect, Bhai Charat Singh had another letter delivered, this time to the area’s infamous and brutal police officer, Ajaib Singh. Upon reading Bhai Charat Singh’s written challenge, Ajaib Singh immediately called his superiors requesting CRPF forces to be deployed alongside the Punjab Police.

Hindustani Secutiy Forces

As the CRPF forces and Punjab Police where heading towards the Singh’s, an argument broke out as to who should be leading the charge, with neither wanting to be the first to face the Babbar Singhs. Eventually they decided that 2 cars (1 of Punjab Police and 1 of the CRPF) would lead and 30-40 cars of both forces combined following.
By this time the Singh’s, who had been waiting for a long a time decided to lift the roadblock and head back to their base. As the Singh’s were walking back, in the distance they noticed the flashing lights of the Punjab Police cars. The Singh’s began running back to the roadblock spot, and opened fire directed at the leading 2 vehicles. The number of security forces injured or killed in this firing is not known, however the ponds of blood on GT Road was compelling evidence suggesting a high number of casualites. The security forces were caught by surprise and could not pluck up the courage to even return fire at the Babbar Singhs.
According to one source, one of the police officers from the leading vehicles tried launching a grenade at the Singhs, however such was the fear in his mind, that the grenade dropped from his hand into his own car causing it to explode. Upon seeing the heavy damage the leading cars had suffered, the 30-40 vehicles which where following, fearing for their lives, decided to retreat and sped off in the opposite direction.

Shaheed Bhai Charat Singh Babbar

THIS was a REAL encounter in which the State Forces came up against the fearless Singhs of Sri Guru Gobind Singh.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Gurpal Singh Babbar

Shaheed Bhai Gurpal Singh Babbar

Bhai Gurpal Singh Babbar was born on November 24, 1965. His father is Bhai Jagjit Singh and mother Bhupinder Kaur. Bhai Sahib had one younger brother as well. Bhai Sahib came from a very educated, rich, and prosperous family. Both of Bhai Sahib’s parents were teachers and taught at nearby schools. Bhai Gurpal Singh spent the first five years at Bhucho Mandi with his grandmother. Bhai Sahib’s entire family was Amritdhari for some generations and so he received his love of the Guru in his heritage.
Bhai Sahib was very devout. He would go to the Gurdwara daily and listen to nitnem there and only then eat anything.
Bhai Gurpal Singh graduated from high school in 1980 and then went to Punjab Agriculture Univesity in Ludhiana to study for his B.Sc in agriculture. He was very intelligent and attended school on a scholarship.

Shaheed Bhai Gurpal Singh Babbar

Bhai Gurpal Singh’s love for Sikhi continued to grown and in 1981, he received amrit at the Ludhiana Smagam organized by the Akhand Kirtani Jatha. From that day he kept Sarbloh Rehit of the Khalsa. When he came home that night, on his shoulder he was carrying a boari, a sack filled with sarbloh battae and other vessels. He immediately took all the china and glassware and threw them in the garbage. Bhai Sahib told his parents, “We will cook and eat in sarbloh from now on. This is the Guru’s rehit.” Bhai Gurpal Singh began preparing his own meals.
Before going underground Bhai Sahib generally wore the Khalsa bana, with a damala and chola. Bhai Sahib was very strong and had a good physical build.
Bhai Sahib excelled in education was one of the most intelligent students that the University had ever seen. Along with their education however, the young Singhs at the university did regular sat sang at the university dorms. Many students were inspired by Bhai Sahib’s example. Bhai Gurpal Singh and other young Singhs used to learn gatka and martial arts and talked about being ready to serve the Panth. When doing let stretches for martial arts classes, Bhai Sahib and his companions used to take each other to the limits and joke about the police using the same methods for torture.
Bhai Sahib had a very strict nitnem. Every day, beyond his seven bani nitnem, he would also recite Sukhmani Sahib, Baranmaha, and Savaiyay. He memorised 16-17 banis, At the Delhi Akhand Kirtan Smagam, Bhai Sahib took part in the Gurbani competition and won Rs. 960. He also won a similar competiton in Ludhiana.

Shaheed Bhai Gurpal Singh Babbar at keertan smagam

Bhai Sahib very much enjoyed doing keertan and playing joree. He had memorized about 50 shabads, Whenever he would come home, he would play a tape and play joree with it for practice. He would do his Rehras Sahib as keertan and would also do Asa Di Vaar keertan with great love.
Bhai Sahib was a very good laridaar Akhand Paathi. To read shudh paath, he would consult with older Jatha Singhs. The Singhs in the Jatha respected him very much and he was greatly loved.
When the yearly Ludhiana Smagam would come, he would abandon everything and do seva in the langar day and night. Even school would become secondary.
Eventually the Ludhiana Sangat assigned Bhai Gurpal Singh the seva of preparing Degh. The seva of Degh is a very big seva and is given only to those Singhs who keep the strictest Sarbloh Bibek and also have a strong spiritual jeevan. At first Bhai Sahib was very inexperienced and the Degh did not turn out right. The Singhs gave him a tankhah. But by his keen interest and Guru Sahib’s blessings, Bhai Gurpal Singh became very good and was even nicknamed “Degha Vala Singh”.
Bhai Sahib had total faith in Gurbani. He was dedicated to the principles espoused by the Akhand Kirtani Jatha and would go to the Jatha’s major Smagams in Amritsar, Anandpur Sahib, Delhi etc. Usually he could be seen sitting on stage play the khartaals. All night he would sit in one position, listening to the Rhensbai.
Bhai Gurpal Singh’s every pore was filled with love of the Guru. He was very anxious to preserve the honour of the Panth. The 1978 Nirankari Massacre in Amritsar had a deep effect on his mind. Bhai Gurpal Singh felt that the Singhs had been brutally slaughtered and there was no justice to follow.
Bhai Sahib felt the desire to serve the Panth so in February 1984, he left for Amritsar. Someone asked Bhai Sahib what would happen to his family, Bhai Sahib Replied, “We are two brothers in the family. Now treat us like there is only one” (Bhai Sahib’s younger brother is still alive today).
Bhai Gurpal Singh’s father Sardar Jagjit Singh went to Amritsar and forced Bhai Sahib to return. He insisted Bhai Gurpal Singh continue his studies. Bhai Gurpal Singh returned but at this point began to secretly take part in operations against the Indian Government. Bhai Sahib felt that his sacrifice was needed to protect the Panth and fight against evil. He believed that the best way to use his life was to sacrifice it for the cause of the Guru.
When Bhai Sahib’s family began to build a new house, he would say to his father, “What is the benefit of these bricks? The Panth is locked in life and death struggle and our money should go to maintain our Panth’s honour.” Bhai Sahib encouraged his family to give their Dasvandh to the Sikh Movement.

Bhai Gurpal Singh Babbar's before going underground

Eventually Bhai Sahib went completely underground. Bhai Gurpal Singh Ji soon took part in big operations such as the rescuing of Bhai Anokh Singh Jee from the Ludhiana Court houses. He worked together with all organizations of Singhs.
Bhai Sahib was always in Chardi Kala and had a tremendous nitnem. No matter what duty brought, he always did two Sukhmani Sahib paths before eating his evening meal. Singhs that saw him talk about the red-Gurmukhi glow that was present on his face. One Singh I talked to who did seva with Bhai Gurpal Singh said that Bhai Gurpal Singh could do Sukhmani Sahib very quickly and with great concentration. The Singhs used to talk amongst themselves and say that he was of a very high avastha and some Singhs even thought he was a Brahmgyani.
Bhai Sahib became central to the operations conducted in the Malwa region. In early 1987 Bhai Sahib came to see his parents. Bhai Sahib asked his father to do Ardaas that his Sikhi would last intact to his final breaths. Seeing his mother very sad, Bhai Sahib said, “Guru Gobind Singh Ji sacrificed his four sons for us. We are two brothers. Can’t you give just one son to the Panth?” Bhai Sahib asked his family to have his final rites performed by Rehitvan Singhs from the Jatha.
Bhai Gurpal Singh was not able to meet his family again but sent them a final letter which is translated below:
Vaahiguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaahiguru Jee Kee Fateh!
By Guru Akaal Purakh’s supreme grace, I am in total Chardi Kala and Anand. I have no troubles at all. But I am sad about one thing that you are all depressed. But at the same time I was glad to know that Father is in Chardi Kala. There is no reason to be depressed. I wanted this fate. You can certainly be depressed, weep and wail if I ever betray the Panth, or act like a coward or if I commit any immoral crimes. And please do weep the day I give up my weapons before this evil government. But if by the grace of the Satguru, like countless of my brothers, I am successful in breathing my end with my kesh and Sikhi intact, then please do not weep.
Read Bani and jap naam and do ardaas before Satguru that he lets us pass this exam with his grace. Countless others die. Some die by taking drugs, others die in countless honourless ways commiting shameful acts. Be grateful that Sachay Pathshah has brought your son to his side.
Our love exists only if you stay in the limits of Sikhi and talk about love of Sikhi.
Everything else is fine. There is no need to worry. Every day you do paath and know that Dukh is medicine and Sukh is a disease. Please give my roaring Fateh with hands clasped together to [all family members and acquaintances].
Vaahiguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaahiguru Jee Kee Fateh!”
The time Bhai Gurpal Singh Babbar was eagerly awaiting finally arrived on Monday May 11, 1987. Bhai Gurpal Singh had found out that another prominent Singh in the Movement, Bhai Jarnail Singh Halwara, the assassin of Harchand Singh Longowal, had cut his kesh in order to conceal his identity. Bhai Sahib was firmly against compromising Sikhi to save one’s life. He decided he would go meet with Bhai Jarnail Singh and encourage him to keep his kesh again and get peshed at the next possible Amrit Sinchaar. Even in the thick of battle, with the Indian Security Forces hot on his trail, Bhai Gurpal Singh was willing to take a risk to help a fallen brother on the Path of Sikhi.

Shaheed Bhai Jarnail Singh Halwara - Khalistan Liberation Force

Bhai Gurpal Singh and another Singh met Bhai Jarnail Singh at village Haripur in Sangrur. They had a long discussion and decided to spend the night at a small hut in the fields. Somehow the Security Forces received word that these most wanted Singhs were in the area. Bhai Sahib had risen for Amrit vela when at 4am, the hut was surrounded Bhai Sahib heard some noises outside and immediately knew what was happening. They came out fighting and after a heated battle with the police, Bhai Sahib and Bhai Halwara were silenced. Bhai Gurpal Singh took the bullets in his chest and did not run. When he fell, Guru Sahib did one final kirpa on his Shaheed: Bhai Gurpal Singh’s head rested on an elevated water canal. Even in death, Guru Sahib did not let his Singh’s head bow before the enemy.

Bhai Gurpal Singh Babbar Shaheedi Saroop

Bhai Sahib’s family was not aware of the Shaheedi until some days later. They finally found out about the Shaheedi from someone who mentioned seeing a picture in the newspaper.
After their Shaheedi countless Singh’s gathered at Bhai Gurpal Singh’s house and did an Akhand Paath and Akhand Kirtan, which was done in great Chardi Kala. The village of Halwara made a new Gurdwara in honour of Shaheed Bhai Jarnail singh Halwara. In Bhucho Mandi even today there is a Gurdwara Sahib that has the pictures of Bhai Gurpal Singh Babbar and is kept in his memory (though the name of the Gurdwara has been changed since).
Bhai Gurpal Singh Babbar was a Chardi Kala sarblohi warrior. Even today his family keeps his old batay as his momentos. Bhai Sahib sacrificed his life in the highest of Khalsa traditions in order to fight against oppression and to maintain the honour of the Panth. When the Panth needed his head, he did not back down. Bhai Sahib’s example is one that we can all learn from today.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar

Shaheed Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar

Shaheed Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar, then Bashir Mohammed, was born on August 1, 1970 in Bhanmay Kalan, District Mansa. His parents were Janab Ali Mohammed and his mother was Mata Noori (Dayalo). Bashir had two other brothers and two sisters.
Bashir Mohammed was very studious from a young age and also very active in sports. He was the leading member of the Government High School (Bhanmay) volley-ball team and before entering the tenth grade, also began to take an interest in wrestling. Bashir began to practice wrestling in the village beside his and then travelled to all the local villages to particpate in the various athletic competitions. He began to be known in the area as a very good wrestler. Bashir eventually issued an open challenge to all the wrestlers in the area but no one accepted. He was now a wrestling champion.
Bashir’s mother, Mata Noori, had been one of the few Muslims left behind after the Partition of 1947. She had been raised by a Sikh family who then married her to a Muslim to respect her family traditions. But Noori had developed a respect for the Sikh faith and where Bashir was taught verses from the Koran, his mother also recited bani. Bashir’s diary was filled with quotations from both the Koran and Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
After graduating from High School, Bashir decided to help improve his family’s financial situation and joined the Punjab Police. Seeing his strong body and hearing about his skills as a wrestler, DSP Sukhdev Chahal took Bashir as his personal bodyguard.

It was in these days that the Sikh Liberation Movement was in full stride. Sikh youth were leaving their homes with assault rifles in their hands and jaikaray on their lips to fight against Hindustani oppression and the disrespect of Sri Darbar Sahib. The Panth had begun its struggle for Khalsa Raj.
In the Mansa area, a cell of the Babbar Khalsa was proving to be a very big problem for the Indian Security Forces. Singhs who were associated with the Akhand Kirtani Jatha formed Babbar Khalsa. They were inspired by the words of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh:
We will not cause any hurdle to a just rule, but if an evil regime tries to destroy our religion and its practices, with the support of Satguru, Akaal Purakh, we will shake its very roots.

Shaheeds: Bhai Gurmail Singh Babbar & Bhai Balwinder Singh Bullet Babbar

In those days, Bhai Gurmail Singh Babbar and Bhai Rashpal Singh Babbar along with their Jatha were active in the Mansa area. The Punjab Police were frustrated by their growing influence and bold actions. The security forces, taking a cue from Brahmin ideology, decided to remove all restrictions on its men to fight the Sikh Movement. False encounters, atrocities on women, children and the elderly and recruitment of Black Cat thugs became the norm.
DSP Sukhdev Chahal realised that the best way to defeat Babbar Khalsa would be from the inside out. He decided that an informer was what the Punjab Police needed. For this mission, DSP Chahal needed someone he could trust fully and someone who would have no sympathy for the Sikh movement. He decided that for this mission, his trusted Muslim bodyguard, Bashir Mohammed would be their man.
Bashir was ordered to grow his hair and take the appearance of a Sikh. Once his beard had grown long enough, the Mansa Police enacted an elaborate drama. Bashir, who now looked like a Singh, was shown to have escaped from the Sardulgarh police station with weapons and ammunition. He used information provided by the police to approach Bhai Gurmel Singh Babbar’s group and managed to establish links with Babbar Khalsa.
DSP Chahal had thought that by sending Bashir Mohammed into the Babbars, he would be able to learn about the inner workings of the group, stop their missions and eventually wipe them out. Akaal Purakh had something else planned. Bashir began spending time with the Singhs and although at first he would send regular reports, he started to develop a deep respect them. The Singhs would rise at Amrit vela and meditate on Naam and would do their nitnem together. The way in which they read bani and their faith in Vahiguru impressed Bashir. They had complete love and respect for each other and were willing to sacrifice their all for their brothers. Bashir Mohammed spent time with Bhai Rashpal Singh and Bhai Gurmail Singh and also came in contact with Bhai Dharam Singh Kashtival and Bhai Vadhava Singh Babbar.
Bashir had taken the Sikh form to infiltrate the group, but now he was beginning to feel Sikhi in his heart. He felt as if he was a traitor to his own conscience by being an informant. After being troubled for some time, Bashir decided that despite the risk of death, he would admit to the Singhs that he was an informant of the Punjab Police and also a Muslim. He approached Bhai Gurmel Singh one day and told him the story of how DSP Chahal had arranged his infiltration into the Jatha by faking his escape from the police. Bashir also explained that he could no longer continue the act and now felt as though he wanted to dedicate his life to Sikhi and fight in for Sikh liberation. He was not sure what reaction the other Singhs would have but the Sikh faith teaches:
“The Lord lovingly embraces whoever comes to the Lord’s Sanctuary – this is the way of the Lord and Master.”
The Singhs decided that Bashir should be given time to think about his decision and sent him for further training. There, he met many other Chardi Kala Singhs and his love for Sikhi grew. Bashir asked that he be given Amrit. An Amrit Sanchaar was organized with Bhai Vadhava Singh doing seva in the Punj Pyaaray. Bashir bathed and arrived dressed in the Khalsa’s bana to beg for the gift of Amrit and Naam. The Punj Pyaaray asked over and over, “Are you becoming a Sikh under any pressure? Is someone compelling you to ask for Amrit?” Bashir would reply again and again, “No, it is my own wish. Please bless me.”
The Punj Pyaaray decided that Bashir would be accepted and he was given Amrit and the gift of Naam. Bashir Mohammed was no more. Born that day was Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar.
Bhai Lachman Singh and the other Singhs who wanted to fight for Sikh liberation with Babbar Khalsa, were sent back to their areas in Punjab after agreeing in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib and the Punj Pyaaray to the following conditions:
  1. Every Singh in Babbar Khalsa will be Amritdhari.
  2. Every Babbar must at the very least complete his nitnem every day.
  3. Every Babbar must meditate on naam for at least two hours a day.
  4. Every Babbar must avoid the four kurehits (cutting of hair, use of intoxicants, eating of meat and extra marital sexual relations).
  5. No Babbar will resort to extortion to raise money and will not loot ordinary citizens.
  6. No one should be killed without their guilt in some crime having been proven.
  7. No new recruitment will be done without the permission of High Command.
  8. Babbars will respect all women as sisters and daughters.
  9. No information about the Jathebandi will be leaked to outsiders.
  10. Looting, unjustified killings and rape will be considered treachery by the Jathebandi and will be punished by death.
After returning to the Mansa area, Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar became a well known Sikh fighter. The traitors to the Sikhs in the area began to tremble at his name. After the shahidi of area-commander Bhai Gurmail Singh Babbar, Bhai Lachman Singh was made the Lt. General of the area.

Shaheeds: Bhai Kashmir Singh Babbar & Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar

DSP Chahal was going mad trying to control the Babbars. His informant in the Jathebandi had not been heard from for a long time and the Singhs would carry out the most daring missions and not be caught. And no information on who they were or where they were hiding could be traced. After some time though, Chahal received information that Lt. General Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar was none other than his former bodyguard, Bashir Mohammed. Chahal was furious and vowed to kill his former informant at any cost.
Bhai Lachman Singh became known across the Punjab and DSP Chahal stayed closely on his trail. Bhai Lachman Singh had now gotten married to Sakeena Begam who also became a Sikh and changed her name to Rani Kaur.
The dark days of 1992 arrived and the major leaders of the Sikh resistance were eliminated one by one. The struggle began to slow down as the shining stars of Babbar Khalsa and Khalistan Liberation Force began to fall. Bhai Sukhdev Singh Babbar, Bhai Gurjant Singh Budhsinghwala, Bhai Pargat Singh Fauji, and Bhai Bhaag Singh Babbar were the major leaders in Malwa and all embraced martyrdom.
By February 1993, Punjab was no longer safe for any Sikh fighter. Informers seeking rewards for turning in Singhs were everywhere, on the prowl. Bhai Lachman Singh, still only 22, was one of the last major fighters in action. Rani Kaur was pregnant with their first child and so Bhai Lachman Singh decided that living a life on the run in Punjab was too much for his wife and it might be best if they left Punjab for some time so they could rest and the situation might improve. The couple decided to move to Calcutta.
An acquaintance of Bhai Lachman Singh arranged the couple’s travel to Bengal and they began to live in an apartment in the well-known Tiljala area. Bhai Lachman Singh and Bibi Rani Kaur settled briefly into a peaceful life together. But DSP Chahal had not forgotten or forgiven Bhai Sahib for his betrayal. Chahal continued his search. Chahal managed to capture the acquaintance of Bhai Lachman Singh, who had arranged his travel to Calcutta. He could not bear the brutal torture and revealed the whereabouts of Bhai Lachman Singh and his Singhni.
DSP Chahal assembled a party of his bounty hunters and left for Calcutta.
On May 17, 1993, Bhai Lachman Singh and Bibi Rani Kaur had finished their day and gone to sleep. The Punjab Police hit squad moved in. They surrounded the area and closed in on the apartment. Leading the party were DSP Chahal and SP Operations SK Singh. Chahal’s moment of revenge was at hand, but he was deathly afraid of Bhai Lachman Singh. He remembered how big the wrestler Bashir Mohammed was and had heard of Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar’s daring missions. He wasn’t going to take a chance. He ordered the police party to without warning, open fire on the apartment. The door was ripped apart by the burst of bullets and the firing continued on for 15 minutes. The surrounding area was awakened and neighbours began to go on their roofs to see what was happening.
Chahal ordered his men to enter the apartment to see if the couple were still alive. The terrified officers crept forward through the shattered door and saw Bhai Lachman Singh and Bibi Rani Kaur lying in a pool of blood. Bibi Rani Kaur was visibly pregnant and had become a martyr along with the couple’s unborn child.
DSP Chahal, having regained his courage, entered the apartment and grabbed Bhai Lachman Singh’s kesh and dragged his body out. The stone hearted police men were shocked at having killed a pregnant woman and respectfully carried out her body. The sun had risen and neighbours began to gather on the street to see the bodies of their new Sikh neighbours. One brave Bengali Babu approached and asked Chahal, “Sardar ji, why did you kill these people?” Chahal replied, “Why? What’s it to you?” and shoved him aside.
The bodies were loaded onto the police jeeps and the killers drove away to claim their rewards. Another star had fallen.
Bhai Lachman Singh Babbar is a hero of the Sikh Panth and his sacrifice should never be forgotten.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Mengha Singh Babbar

Shaheed Bhai Mengha Singh Babbar

“True Lord, may my body be a sacrifice unto your feet, Guru, father, may I not show my back in the field of battle, and may I be martyred battling the enemies of the faith. Guru, Father, have mercy on me, may the enemy’s bullets not hit my back, may I take them upon my chest. Satguru, do not think of my faults, please let me embrace your feet.” This was Bhai Sahib’s daily prayer before the Guru.
When the time comes for a Sikh to give his head for the Guru, he is overcome with eagerness. He considers it his great fortune to give his head for the Sikh faith. When it comes time to sacrifice for the faith, the Sikh doesn’t seek any examples, or justifications, or bribes. No force or fear can turn him away from his goal. Living his life according the Guru’s bestowed faith, he fights the enemy and gives his head for the pure faith and truth and is then called a Martyr. Such a warrior always wants that his head should be sacrificed for the cause of the Guru.
On June 1st 1984, the thankless Hindu government directed it’s evil eye towards the Sikh places of worship and Sackhkhand Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar. During this attack, Bhai Kulwant Singh Babbar aka. Bhai Mehnga Singh of the organisation Babbar Khalsa had the honour of being the first martyr to die fighting those who would defile the sanctity of Sri Darbar Saahib. Just as Bhai Kulwant Singh aka. Bhai Mengha Singh had the honour of being the first martyr in the Darbar Saahib attack, similarly, Bhai Kulwant Singh Nagoke had the honour of being the first martyr of the Daram Yoth Morcha. On June 9th, 1982, Bhai Nagoke had every one of his limbs broken and after enduring countless tortures, achieved martyrdom and by doing so, gave the shattered Panth unity to fight together. During this time Bhai Amarjeet Singh Daheru gave his martyrdom and increased the Panth’s fervour to battle.
Shaheed Bhai Kulwant Singh Babbar a.k.a. Bhai Mengha Singh was born in Yumnanagar Jagadhri in 1957 in the house of Sardar Partap Singh located in Vishkarma Nagar. He completed his early education in Yamunanagar. After passing the ninth grade, he entered the ITI and took a year long course in welding and then began to work.
When, during the Vaisakhi of 1978, unarmed Singh’s went to protest the insult of Guru Sahib being done by the fake Nirankaris, the unarmed Singh’s were fired upon and 13 were martyred while countless others were injured.
The spilt blood of the martyrs had a deep effect on Bhai Kulwant Singh and as a result, he began attending kirtan samagams and would long for the blessing of Amrit day and night. By the grace of the Guru during the 1979 AKJ Holla Mohalla Samagam at Anandpur Sahib, he presented himself before the Punj Pyaaray and was blessed with Amrit. Bhai Sahib would read books on Sikh history and would try to mould his life to match those of old Singhs. He would always be consulting with other Singhs on the issue of punishing those who had killed Singhs. When the fake Nirankaris held a meeting in Jagadhri, Bhai Sahib and his companions attacked with fervor and caused the Nirankaris to run away in chaos.
The police lodged a murder case on these Singhs and Bhai Sahib’s companions fought the case with vigor. Bhai Sahib on the other hand refused to fight the case because in his words, “we don’t believe in this false government, so why should we go to courts of a government we have no faith in?” Bhai Sahib was acquitted along with the Singh’s who chose to attend court proceedings.
With a desire to serve the panth and punish the persecutors of the Singhs, Bhai Kulwant Singh left his home and came to Bibi Amarjeet Kaur, wife of Shaheed Bhai Fauja Singh, in Amritsar.

Shaheeds: Bhai Mengha Singh Babbar, Bhai Sukhdev Singh Babbar & Bhai Balwinder Singh Virhing

In September 1979, the Singhs held a camp in which the Singhs, in addition to learning gurmat, also learned weaponry. Bhai Sahib took part in this camp with a desire to learn the use of weapons. During this camp, Bhai Sahib met Bhai Sukhdev Singh, Bhai Kulwant Singh Nagoke, Bhai Sulakhan Singh, Bhai Balwinder Singh, Bhai Vadhava Singh, Bhai Anokh Singh, Bhai Manmohan Singh and many other Singhs. The Singhs who taught the use of weapons loved Bhai Sahib, and they began to stay together in the form of a Jathebandi. All the Singhs had the goal of finding and punishing the killers of Singhs and those who would insult Guru Sahib. The government had no idea who conducted these actions.
The government began to hunt the Singhs and as a result, the Singhs went underground. Only a few days had passed in hiding when this beloved of the Guru, Bhai Kulwant Singh, left to bathe in Sri Ramdas Sarovar and have darshan of Guru Sahib. He exclaimed “if the olden Singhs could cut through the cordon of their enemies, to have ishnaan and darshan at Darbar Sahib, so can I.” Even during this time in hiding Bhai Sahib would rise at Amrit vela, bathe in the sarovar and then attend Aasaa Dee Vaar kirtan at Darbar Sahib. After this, he would attend to the seva of the Singhs langar and also The Jora Ghar in addition to arranging weapons for the Jathebandi.
On June 1st 1984 at around 12pm, the CRPF and the BSF, in a government-sponsored scheme to eliminate the Sikhs, opened a rain of fire upon the Singhs at Sri Darbar Sahib, Darshani Deeorhi, Langar Building and Sri Akal Takhat Sahib. Bhai Sahib was at Baba Atal Sahib and took up a position there, killing three attacking soldiers. This warrior’s confidence increased and he went up to the top most floor of Baba Atal. A sniper fired at Bhai Sahib and the bullet hit him in the forehead. Bhai Sahib fell to the ground, but when a nearby Singh asked “Mengha Singh!!! How are you??” he replied “Chardi Kala!!!”
The Singh’s were informed that Bhai Sahib had been hit and Bhai Manmohan Singh and others were sent to retrieve him. The Singh’s with great effort in the rain of bullets brought Bhai Mengha Singh down from the top most floor of Baba Atal and carried him to Guru Nanak Nivas. There were no medical facilities or doctors, but the Singh’s cleaned the wound and dressed it. Around this warrior Gurbani began to be recited and only after the completion of Sukhmani Sahib did he go and take his place at the feet of the Guru. On one hand, the Singhs were fighting the enemy and on the other, some Singhs were taking care of the Shaheed’s body. Jathedar Sukhdev Singh Babbar asked the Gurbani continue to be recited.
Bhai Mengha Singh Babbar Shaheedi Saroop

All the Jathebandis in the complex, upon hearing the news of the Shaheedi did a final ardas for Bhai Mengha Singh, and upon seeing the Shaheed for the final time, heaped praise upon his bravery. Whoever meditates upon the Guru with a pure heart, for certain, gets the reward. May we be a sacrifice unto this first Shaheed, this blessed soul. This was the first Shaheed who’s body was cremated in the Darbar Sahib complex, despite the protestations of the SGPC president. Bhai Sahib was cremated close to Sri Manji Sahib.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Ravinder Singh Babbar

Shaheed Bhai Ravinder Singh Babbar

It is not easy to be a Shaheed. An abhyaasi Gursikh once told me that a Shaheed does find a place in Sach Khand but only if his last moments are free from ego and he has died not for glory or out of stubbornness but for the sake of the Panth. In the final moments of the Shaheed’s life, if his consciousness is absorbed in naam, Guru Sahib does kirpa and jyot vigaas occurs at that moment.
The example of Bhai Ravinder Singh Babbar’s life is that of a Gursikh life and glorious martyrdom.
Shaheed Bhai Ravinder Singh was born in village Shatrana, Amritsar. His parents were Giani Harbhajan Singh and Mata Gurnam Kaur. He was the youngest of six brothers. From birth, Bhai Sahib was raised in a Gursikh environment. His father, Giani Harbhajan Singh Ji was a close companion of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji. Bhai Ravinder Singh was given Amrit at a very early age and also kept bibek as a child.
Bhai Ravinder Singh was not an ordinary child. He from an early age had dedication and love for Gursikhi and his family recalls that his bravery and courage were unparalleled.
Once when he was just four or five years old, Bhai Ravinder Singh fell off a wall and broke his arm in two places. His father, Giani Harbhajan Singh said to him as he was being taken to have his arm set, “Puraatan Singhs would be cut apart, piece by piece but they would not even make a sound. You too should be brave like them.” The two reached the home of the person who set broken bones and showed him the arm. He said that because the bone was broken in two places, he would need to twist the bone back into place. Giani Ji had bought some grapes for little Ravinder Singh and told him that while his arm was being set, he could eat them. As the man twisted the boy’s arm, Ravinder Singh calmly ate the grapes and did not make a sound.
After the arm was set, Giani Ji asked how much he should pay. The man replied, “I will take no payment from you. I feel like I should give this boy a reward from my own pocket. I have seen big burly men scream in pain while I am setting a bone that is this badly broken. I used to wonder about the stories of Singhs in old times not crying out in pain, but if Sikh children can be like this now, what were those Singhs like?”
Puraatan Singhs like Bhai Atma Singh Panjokhra, Dr. Surinder Singh Ji and Baba Surain Singh Ji used to regularly come to Giani Ji’s home and Bhai Ravinder Singh had the opportunity to do their Sangat. Bhai Atma Singh used to call the little boy “Jathedar.”
Dr. Surinder Singh Ji was quite close with Giani Ji. On one occasion in 1978, he told Giani Ji that in the future, Darbar Sahib would be attacked and the parkarma would be bathed with blood. He also encouraged Giani Ji to move away from Shatrana and go somewhere else. So in 1979, Giani Ji took his family to Panjokhra Sahib in Haryana. Giani Ji’s younger brother also moved with them. (Later, Shatrana village would be very hard hit by the Indian Security forces and many of the young boys were tortured and killed. The picture of Bhai Avtar Singh Shatrana’s body (below) is one of the main exhibits of Punjab Police torture techniques and is very commonly displayed.

Shaheed Bhai Avtar Singh Shatrana

When Bhai Ravinder Singh started school at Panjokhra Sahib, the local boys considered him and his cousins outsiders and were unfriendly. One day, a boy came to him at school and said, “Do you know what happened today? Someone slapped your cousin! He got slapped like THIS!!” and with this, he slapped Ravinder Singh across the face. Bhai Ravinder Singh pounced on the boy and began to beat him. The other local boys joined in the fight and thought there was strength in numbers. Bhai Ravinder Singh broke a branch off a nearby tree and chased the group of boys away. The Physical Education teacher was watching all this and called the young boy and patted him on the back and said he should be proud. He then called all the boys who had attacked Ravinder Singh together and punished them. He also asked them, “how is it possible that one boy chased all of you away??” After this day, everyone began to call Bhai Ravinder Singh “Jathedar”, just as Bhai Atma Singh had been doing from a very early age.
Once, Bhai Ravinder Singh was on his tractor at night, coming from his fields when he saw someone run towards him with a sword. Ravinder Singh was still a young boy and it would have been natural for him to be afraid and run away, but he took a crow bar from the tractor and began to run towards the man with sword. When he came near, the man yelled, “No! Don’t hit me! It’s me!!” It was a drunk who said that his enemies were after him and he carried the sword to protect himself and he had mistaken Ravinder for one of them. Ravinder Singh came home and everyone was amazed at the young boy’s daring.
Bhai Ravinder Singh studied until the tenth grade and completed it in 1987. He then worked on the family farm for a year. The Sikh Liberation Movement was growing in these days and Bhai Ravinder Singh was interested in joining. He asked his father whether he should join. Giani Ji told him that the path he was interested in was very difficult. “This is not something easy. If you are captured and falter, not only will you commit the sin of turning in others and having them killed, but you will also disgrace your family and the entire Sikh community.”
After this, Bhai Ravinder Singh began to keep to himself more. He increased his nitnem and naam abhyaas. Before becoming a ‘Sipahi’, he would first become a ‘Sant’. He wanted to reach a stage where he would be confident that he could face torture and be able to withstand it. He wanted to be spiritually prepared for the battle ahead. Slowly, he made links with Singhs from Babbar Khalsa. The family home was raided in 1988 by the police and the next day, Bhai Sahib left home, never to return. His beard had still not grown in and the picture above is the final picture Bhai Sahib’s family had taken.
Bhai Ravinder Singh made frequent trips to training camps in Pakistan and became a trusted member of the Jathebandi. Although he was young, everyone respected him and knew that his decisions were always firmly based on Gurmat. There was once a group meeting in which many senior Singhs were in attendance. Bhai Sahib was also present. The issue being discussed was how to fund the movement. Some suggested robbing banks and other means. Ravinder Singh rose after all had had their say and asked, “May I speak?” Although permission was granted, because he was the youngest person at the meeting, some Singhs did not think a youngster like him would have anything worthwhile to say. Bhai Ravinder Singh said, “We are all fugitives here, and our properties are useless to us. Why don’t we sell those first, to make money?” Everyone at the meeting was amazed at how Gurmat oriented and wise his suggestion was.
In 1989, Bhai Ravinder Singh met one of his brothers. He was in chardi kala. His elder brother encouraged him to do as much naam abhyaas as possible. Bhai Sahib confided that with Guru Sahib’s kirpa, now whenever he woke up in the middle of the night, he noticed that he was either reciting bani or his naam khanda was going automatically. Bhai Ravinder Singh asked his brother to take him into town on the back of his bike. His brother recalls that although there were security forces all around, Bhai Sahib kept smiling and showed no sign of fear.
After some time, Bhai Ravinder Singh rose to the high command of Babbar Khalsa. He was still very young and one well known area commander complained that it didn’t make sense that such a young man could be his senior. After some time however, that Singh too recognized Bhai Sahib’s qualities and began to respect him.
Babbar Khalsa was organized in a manner by which the High Command was isolated and separated from the workers. So an area worker would not be familiar with the senior Singhs in the Jathebandi. This was the most wise arrangement in order to maintain secrecy and security. Bhai Ravinder Singh was given the duty of being an intermediatary between the High Command and local workers. He was thus in the sensitive position of knowing both levels. He supplied and distributed arms to the Singhs.
Once, Bhai Sahib and a companion were taking arms to their companions. They performed and ardaas for the success of their mission and left. They had packed the guns and ammunition in a bundle of sugarcane and placed it on the back of their motorcycle. On the way, they saw that at a distance there was a major Police checkpoint (naka). The Singh accompanying Bhai Sahib suggested they turn around. Ravinder Singh replied that they had done ardaas and they should now have faith. The police motioned for the motorcycle to slow down. Bhai Ravinder Singh slowed the motorcycle’s speed, making it seem as though he was pulling over but all of a sudden he pressed the gas and drove through. The police opened fire and began to chase, but the Singhs entered the village streets and threw the police off their trail. Bhai Sahib had full faith that Guru Sahib would himself help them in their cause.
On another occasion, Bhai Sahib and a companion were staying at a home in the Patiala area. It was Amrit vela and Bhai Sahib said that they should go to Gurdwara Dukh Nivaran Sahib for Darshan and listen to keertan. Bhai Sahib’s companion said that it was dangerous to go out and that they could listen to keertan on the radio. Ravinder Singh replied that it was better to go to Guru Sahib’s hazoori. As the two left, they saw that the village was going to be surrounded and searched by the security forces. The Singhs reached Dukh Nivaran Sahib and after paying obeisance, Bhai Ravinder Singh said he would right away return. The Singh with him asked, “first you were so eager to come, now why are you going back? You yourself saw that the village was being surrounded.” Bhai Sahib replied that if the police had come for them after being tipped off, and they were not there, the family they were staying with would be harassed, and so it was better to go back. Bhai Sahib returned and since the security forces were monitoring just those leaving the village, they did not take any notice of those entering. Bhai Sahib returned to the house. The search operation never reached the house he was staying at as it was one of the last and it was decided that it was not worth searching.
Those families Bhai Ravinder Singh stayed with all say that he did not come and stay as a guest or issue orders, he became like a member of the family and even helped around the house. For a period of two months, Bhai Sahib was told to stay in Gurdaspur amongst the relatives of a Singh in the Babbar high command. The families were not Gursikhs and the men were drunks and gamblers. It was because of this that the families would not be suspected and could hide Bhai Ravinder Singh. It seemed like a difficult task for a Gursikh to stay in such an environment, but Bhai Sahib did not complain. He continued with his naam and bani and his humble personality drew everyone close to him. Bhai Ravinder Singh left such an impression on those that after he left, they arrived at the next Amrit Sanchaar on the back of tractor trolleys and all went to receive the gift of Amrit. The Singh in high command laughed that he had not been able to influence his relatives all his life and Bhai Ravinder Singh had transformed them in just two months.
Bhai Sahib had access to the money of the Jathebandi and distributed it to families who needed help. Ravinder Singh was visiting one of his relatives once, when the relative commented that his family’s financial situation was quite stressed and that Singhs came to his home to eat and it would be nice if he too could receive some money. Bhai Sahib asked, “do you have flour?” The relative replied, “yes, of course” Bhai Sahib then said, “When Singhs come, make parshadas and serve them with salt. I can’t give you this money. It is dasvandh of other Singhs and eating it is poison. How can I give my own family poison?” Even though that Singh’s need was genuine, Bhai Ravinder Singh did not want anyone to think that he was giving the Jathebandi’s money to his own relatives for profit.
While in the freedom movement, Bhai Sahib found it almost impossible to keep bibek. He began to eat at vegetarian restaurants. Once while eating, he found a bone in his food. Despite all risks, he appeared at the next Amrit Sanchaar for a peshee. He told the Punj Pyaaray what had happened but they replied that they would not give him Amrit again as he might repeat this mistake in the future. Since he could not keep bibek living such a lifestyle, what was the point of getting peshed they asked? Bhai Sahib became very emotional and one of the Singhs doing seva tells that he replied, “Death can come at any moment on the path I am walking. I don’t want to die without being forgiven. I cannot risk dying as a patit. Please forgive my mistake and I pledge that from now on, despite the difficulties, I will only eat food prepared by Amritdharis.” The Punj Pyaaray were moved and gave him Amrit once again. After this, Bhai Sahib was very strict and he would go hungry for days but only eat food prepared by Amritdharis.
In Bhai Sahib’s final letter to his brothers, around 1991, he wrote that although he had joined the Sikh Movement for the liberation of the Panth, it was not as he had expected. He wrote that the Movement was not following Tat Gurmat and many leaders were breaking rehit. He advised his brothers that they should not follow in his footsteps unless their father gave them permission first. He continued that he was too far in to return and he was determined to be a Shaheed. He had the opportunity to escape, but he would not.

Shaheed Bhai Gurdeep Singh Vakeel - Khalistan Liberation Force

Bhai Sahib’s family did not hear from him for quite some time. After some months, they sent word to the Babbar High Command to ask what had happened to their son. The reply they received was that while crossing the border with Bhai Gurdeep Singh Vakeel and a member of the Panthic Committee they had been sighted and in an encounter the two Singhs had been martyred but there was no word on Bhai Ravinder Singh. They said that they were quite sure that he too had died since there had been no word for some time now and if he had been caught, the organization would have faced at least some losses.
Bhai Sahib was familiar with both High Command and the workers and since neither had suffered any losses, it was likely that he had not fallen into the Security Forces’ hands and had died in an encounter. They said that if he had been caught, being of such a young age, it was likely that he would have given some information since no one can bear the torture they inflict.
The High Command Singhs said that Bhai Ravinder Singh was like a flower who blossomed only for a few days and though he had a short life, gave a fragrance that would never be forgotten. But, they said, he also had his faults. His family asked what faults those were, the Singhs replied, “First, we had told him that his picture had been given to the police and they could now identify him and that he should tie his beard to conceal his identity. He flatly refused to do this. Second, we asked him to carry a cyanide capsule in case he was captured but he also refused to do this. Finally, when crossing the border, he would never wait for our ‘all-clear’. He used to say that life and death are in Guru Sahib’s hands and when it was time for him to die, nothing could save him.” Bhai Sahib’s family remarked that these might be weakness for the High Command, but they were Gurmukh qualities for them.
Months passed and a friend of the family who lived far away asked Giani Ji if he had heard from his son. Giani Ji remarked that the Babbars had told him that Ravinder Singh was likely Shaheed. The friend said that this was impossible since just a few weeks earlier, he had seen Ravinder Singh in police custody, being taken in a Gypsy (jeep). He said that he noticed a Singh with his face covered being taken in a vehicle and those with him were in plain clothes. The friend was also on the road and the Singh put his hands together and gave him a Fateh. He did not recognize this person at first, but caught up to the Gypsy again and motioned for the Singh to uncover his face. The Singh managed to do so and he recognized that it was Bhai Ravinder Singh. The Gypsy then sped up so it could not be followed and so the two could not see or speak to each other any further.
It is now known that Bhai Ravinder Singh was wounded in the encounter at the border. He had gone to Delhi to seek treatment. Someone informed the police about his whereabouts and he was surrounded. Bhai Sahib had a pistol but when he tried to fire, it jammed. He was arrested. Bhai Sahib was severely tortured for days but did not reveal anything. If he had spoken, both the High Command and local workers would have been eliminated. After some time, the police decided to try a new tactic. They isolated him in a cell and did not bother him any further. Bhai Sahib lived like this for some time but then thought that it was not right for a Singh to live in such a manner. Either he should escape or become Shaheed while trying. He grabbed a prison guard’s gun and attempted to escape but was captured once again. This time, Bhai Sahib was again tortured savagely and his soul left his body for its eternal place in SachKhand.
Bhai Ravinder Singh Babbar (Bagga) had a very short life but the fragrance and light his life left behind will continue to inspire Gursikhs forever. He was a Shaheed in the truest sense of that word.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Raminderjeet Singh ‘Tainee’ Babbar & Shaheed Bibi Manjeet Kaur Babbar

Shaheeds: Bhai Raminderjeet Singh 'Tainee' Babbar & Bibi Manjeet Kaur Babbar

Of those thousands of warriors that were martyred in the struggle for the Sikh Nation’s freedom there was a Saint Soldier who was very firm in bani and bana by the name of Babbar Raminderjeet Singh Tainee.
Bhai Sahib was born in the year of 1965 to Mata Sharanjeet Kaur and Master Amrik Singh in the city of Jalandhar. After receiving his elementary education Bhai Sahib went on to higher studies at Ramgharia College and Sukhchain-Anah College in Phagwara. Since college, Bhai Raminderjeet Singh followed the ideology of the freedom fighters. During this time, Bhai Sahib came to have great love for Sikh freedom fighters such as Shaheed Bhai Paramjeet Singh ‘Gandasa’ (prime accused in the incident against Shiv Sena President Rama Kant Jalota).
In the 1984 after Operation Blue Star Raminderjeet Singh was arrested by the police and sent to Jalandhar Jail where the Punjab Police severely tortured him and several false cases were put on him. After putting many more cases on Bhai Sahib, the Police sent him to Nabha Security Jail where he was locked up for 2 years. On being released from jail, Bhai Sahib went home but was unable to stay there as he would keep thinking about the chardi kala of the Khalsa Panth to which his soul was attached.
In the city of Jalandhar, the year 1987, Bhai Sahib killed a ‘Police Cat’ (Government sponsored informants/paramilitaries who were responsible for the death of many innocents and freedom fighters). Upon completing this task, Raminderjeet Singh began bringing to justice those enemies of the Sikh Nation who were hell bent on finishing off the Sikhs. By this time, Bhai Sahib had met many famous personalities in the Sikh freedom movement such as Bhai Avtar Singh Babbar Pehlvaan, Bhai Manjeet Singh Babbar and many other eminent freedom fighters of the Babbar Khalsa organization.

Shaheed Bhai Harmeet Singh Bhaowal Babbar

After some time the Jalandhar Police with a tip from a police informant arrested Bhai Sahib again. Once again, the Punjab Police showed their true character by ruthlessly torturing Bhai Sahib Ji, but he took all the police torture on his body with a calm and peaceful mind. Subsequently many cases were put on against Bhai Raminderjeet Singh Ji and he was locked up in Nabha Jail. It is here that he met Bhai Harmeet Singh Babbar Paouval, Bhai Charanjeet Singh Channi Babbar and other freedom fighters. Bhai Raminderjeet Singh Babbar and Bhai Harmeet Singh Babbar became very close to one another, their respect for one another was even greater than that of brothers, which also lasted until their last breaths.
In 1989, after spending quite some time in jail, Bhai Sahib came home but spent very little time there. He left home and never looked back as doing seva for the Khalsa Panth was his main motive. During the month of July, in the year 1990, Bhai Sahib’s father was attacked by a group of ‘police cats’, during this attack his father was gravely wounded. Accepting this challenge by the Indian security forces Raminderjeet Singh Babbar went after these ‘black cats’ who were operating under the name of ‘Indian Lions’. One by one, the true lion – Raminderjeet Singh Babbar, finished off all of these phony lions.
Seeing the immense seva that Bhai Sahib was doing for the Khalsa Panth, the head sevadaar of Babbar Khalsa International, Jathedar Sukhdev Singh Ji Babbar appointed Raminderjeet Singh Babbar as the chief sevadaar of the Jalandhar area. Some time later Bhai Sahib Ji made the Ropar area the center of his Panthic actions. Raminderjeet Singh Babbar along with Bhai Harmeet Singh Paouval Babbar, Bhai Balvinder Singh Babbar Jatana, Bhai Charanjeet Singh Babbar, and many other freedom fighters from the Babbar Khalsa organization began eliminating the enemies of the Khalsa Panth in the Malwa region and outside of Punjab.
On the evening of February 28, 1991, Bhai Nirmal Singh Babbar Gegaymajra, Bhai Harpal Singh Babbar and Bhai Raminderjeet Singh Tainee were traveling in a Maruti van near Chandigarh when the Punjab Police due to a tip off from a police informant surrounded them. Bhai Nirmal Singh Babbar became a martyr at that moment when he swallowed a cyanide capsule but the Chandigarh Police took Ramniderjeet Singh and Harpal Singh into their custody. While locked up, Bhai Sahib was ruthlessly tortured by the S.S.P. Sumedh Saini and other heartless officers under his command. Sumedh Saini heated up iron rods until they were glowing red and used them to burn Raminderjeet Singh Babbar. Bhai Sahib had burns all over his body. Even with such a ruthless method of torture being carried out on Bhai Sahib, the police interrogators were not even able to get his real name from him.
After hearing of Bhai Sahib’s arrest, the freedom fighters that were close to him kidnapped the relatives of Ludhiana’s Chief Minister Boota Sioh. This forced the police to publicly admit that they had arrested Bhai Raminderjeet Singh as otherwise the police would have killed Bhai Sahib in a false encounter. When the police admitted Bhai Sahib’s arrest, the freedom fighters released the relatives of the Chief Minister. Police Chiefs from both Jalandhar and Ludhiana came to Chandigarh so that they could torture Bhai Sahib and get some information out of him. The S.S.P. of Jalandhar devised a scheme to kill Raminderjeet Singh. He wanted to take Bhai Sahib to Jalandhar and kill him in a false encounter along the way. The Jalandhar S.S.P. wanted to carry out this plan as Raminderjeet Singh Babbar had eliminated an entire group of his ‘police cats’. Fortunately, the S.S.P. was unable to get permission from the Chandigarh Police to transfer Bhai Sahib to Jalandhar so he was unable to carry out his evil plans. Seeing all these schemes to get him eliminated, Bhai Sahib began making a scheme of his own, which was to escape from jail.
On February 25, 1992, Bhai Sahib was being transported by the police to the P.G.I. for a medical checkup. Carrying out the action that was preplanned by Bhai Sahib and his fellow freedom fighters of Babbar Khalsa, the freedom fighters attacked the police group escorting Raminderjeet Singh Babbar and freed him. During this daring escape a police Sub Inspector was killed and several police officers were wounded.
Upon being freed from jail, Bhai Sahib once again began fighting for the freedom of the Sikh Nation. The Punjab government was now offering a reward of 15 lakh for information leading to the arrest or death of Raminderjeet Singh Babbar.

Shaheed Bibi Manjeet Kaur Babbar

Subsequently, Bhai Sahib was married to Bibi Manjeet Kaur of Gango Radhram village. Bibi Manjeet Kaur was a true Gursikh bibi and had a very firm belief in Gurbani. Bhai Harmeet Singh Paouval Babbar performed the Anand Karaj of Bhai Raminderjeet Singh Babbar and Bibi Manjit Kaur. Even after marriage, there was no change or slow down in Bhai Sahib’s actions and determination to gain freedom for the Khalsa Panth. Bibi Manjeet Kaur began playing an equal part in the liberation movement for the Khalsa Panth, she along with her husband took part in many actions carried out by the Babbar Khalsa freedom fighters.

Shaheeds: Bibi Manjeet Kaur Babbar & Bhai Raminderjeet Singh 'Tainee' Babbar

In the Khalsa Panth, many great warriors have taken birth but unfortunately many traitors have as well. On March 5, 1993, such a traitor informed the police of the whereabouts of Bhai Raminderjeet Singh Babbar. Bhai Sahib and his Singhni were traveling by bus to Anandpur Sahib when near Khanna, the bus was stopped. The S.S.P. of Khanna had stopped and surrounded the bus with a large police force that Bhai Sahib and his wife Bibi Manjeet Kaur were traveling on. An ASI officer got on the bus and then grabed Bhai Tainee by the wrist. At this, Bibi Manjit Kaur took her pistol out of her purse and pumped three bullets into the ASI’s head. The police asked Bhai Sahib to step out of the bus, but Bhai Sahib had made up his mind to take on the police force and asked the passengers to get off the bus.

Bibi Manjeet Kaur Babbar & Bhai Raminderjeet Singh 'Tainee' Babbar Shaheedi Saroop

After the passengers had gotten off the bus, Babbar Raminderjeet Singh began the battle with the police force as he opened fire on them with his AK-47 assault rifle. In complete support of her husband, Bibi Manjeet Kaur also entered the battle and began firing on the police force. During this battle Raminderjeet Singh Babbar and his Singhnee Bibi Manjeet Kaur showed unparalleled bravery, together they showed the police and onlookers how an actual encounter takes place between the oppressive government and the brave Khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. On taking heavy losses, the police began firing very heavily on the bus from which the brave lion and lioness were fighting. Even though they were outnumbered and taking heavy gunfire from the police, Bhai Sahib and Bibi Ji stayed steadfast in the battle. Eventually, faced with such an overwhelming force, their guns fell silent. This brave Babbar along with his Singhnee have gone to Guru Sahib’s Charan and left us. Since Bhai Sahib’s younger brother and father were locked up in jail, his mother alone performed her son’s and daughter in-law’s ‘antim sanskar’ in the presence of the Khanna Police. The Khalsa Panth will forever have the greatest respect for such martyrs.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Shaheed Master Sukhwinder Singh Babbar

Shaheed Master Sukhwinder Singh Babbar

Shaheed Master Sukhwinder Singh Babbar was born on April 8, 1955 in village Daabaanvala, Batala, District Gurdaspur. His father was Sardar Bakhshish Singh and mother Bibi Jageer Kaur. Master Ji had 4 brothers and one sister. Master Ji first studied in village Aliwal and then went to Bering College Batala where he graduated and then went on to study at CPID Mohali. After graduating he took a job as a teacher in Kadeeaan. He began to be called “Master” after this point.
Master Ji, along with his worldly studies also read a lot of Gurbani. He began to do the sangat of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale and after finishing his work at the school, used to go do sangat with Sant Ji. While teaching at the school, he also began to participate in the Dharam Yudh Morcha.
The events of June 1984 broke Master Ji’s heart. He was so badly hurt that he resigned from his job and began to fight to protect the glory of the Sikhs and he never looked back again.
The police began to daily make raids at Master Ji’s home but he was never captured. Master Ji went underground and joined Babbar Khalsa and became an active member. Master Ji was of a very sweet nature and took pleasure in helping the needy and helpless. He would constantly be repeating Gurbani. He was very wise and knowledgeable as well. Master Ji was soon appointed the Jathedar of the Majha area. Master Ji used to encourage all those in the movement to certainly take their dasvandh out. After every six months Master Ji would go home a nd take the dasvandh from the crops his family had grown. Master Ji’s younger brother Rajvinder Singh once said, “our Dasvandh is already taken out because we’re almost homeless and can not even plant our crops on time.” Master Ji replied, “If Vaheguru did not even give us this much, what would we have done? Taking out dasvandh helps in profit, not harms.”
Master Ji was firm on his principles and was a true soldier. He told everyone in the Jathebandi to take out their dasvandh and consider it their duty.
Once, Master Ji went on a long trip on his bike to get RS100 in dasvandh from a Singh. A Singh in the Jatha asked Master Ji why he took such pains to go get such a small amount. Master Ji replied, “it was that Singh’s faith that he wanted to do seva and so his RS 100 is to me like a hundred thousand. On top of that, that Singh will be more attached to us now and if he was giving the dasvandh with such happiness, how could we refuse?” Master Ji served the Jathebandi with full commitment and soon he was chosen to be in the seven member High Command of Babbar Khalsa.
On the night of March 21, 1987, Master Ji came home at 12AM and was given some fruit to eat. He looked at the watch and said that it was 12 and thus Amrit vela and he would not eat now. He got up to leave again but called the entire family together first. He said that he had a very important request he sad, “A Singh can be captured or a Singh can also be martyred. If a Singh is captured, don’t go after him and if he is martyred, don’t weep. Just read as much bani as you can. Finally, when a Singh is martyred, people often give their families money to honour them. I don’t want you to even touch any money.”
After saying this, he left for his destination. No family member could say anything further to him and the entire night they wondered what the meaning was of all this.
On March 23, 1987, two days later, the family received news that Master Sukhwinder Singh Babbar had been captured. After countless tries, the family could not get any further information. The police simply said they had not caught him. Soon after, the Jathebandi commemorated his Shaheedi.

Old 25-Feb-2013
Gill 22
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Old 26-Apr-2013
Re: Babbar Khalsa

Parnaam Saheeda Nu

Post New Thread  Reply

« Rise of Khalsa - Animated Movie | Ban lifted from movie sadda haq. »