| | Veggie Submarines
6hot dog rolls, (brown bread, lightly buttered)
1/4 cupsoya granules
1 tspdry red chilli flakes (paprika)
1 cupchopped and boiled mixed vegetables
2 tsptomato ketchup
salt and freshly crushed pepper to taste
black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
For the topping
2 tspcooking cheese
- Slit each roll horizontally and toast lightly in a pre-heated oven or on a tava (griddle) for about 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Soak the soya granules in salted hot water for about 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the water. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the corn flour in the milk and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the chilli flakes, boiled vegetables, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the soya granules, tomato ketchup, milk-corn flour mixture and mix again. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Stuff each roll with a little of the prepared filling.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and grill in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.