Vegetable Manchuria - Dry & Wet
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup grated cabbage
1 cup grated mixed vegetables of your choice (beans, cauliflower, capsicum, green peas) optional
2 tbsp Corn flour
1/2 cup mashed boiled rice
3 green chilies finely chopped
1 inch ginger finely minced
1 Spring onion finely chopped
¼ tsp pepper powder
½ tsp red chili paste
2 tsp Soy sauce
¼ tsp ajinomoto
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
For sauce: 1 tbsp Oil
1 inch ginger finely chopped
2 garlic flakes finely chopped
1 onion (big) chopped
2 green chilies chopped
2 spring onions
1 cup Vegetable stock
1 tbsp corn flour
½ tsp Chili paste
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Sugar
· Boil 1/2 cup of water and add all the grated vegetables (carrots, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, peas, capsicum) and let them cook covered for 3-5 minutes, vegetables should be half cooked.
· Cool the vegetable mixture and squeeze the excess water from vegetables using a cloth and use the squeezed water as vegetable stock for making sauce.
· Mix squeezed vegetables with salt, ajinomoto, ginger, green chilies, spring onions, pepper, soy sauce, chili paste, boiled rice, corn flour and make dumpling of small size.
[IMG]http://i44.************/oa2csx.jpg[/IMG]· Heat oil in a frying pan, and fry the dumplings until medium dark brown color and take out onto a kitchen towel.
· Take another pan heat 1 tbsp of oil add cumin seeds, chopped ginger, garlic, onions, green chilies, pepper and saute for 2 minutes
· Add spring onions, ajinomoto, salt, chili paste, soy sauce, sugar, 2 tbsp of water and saute for 2 minutes.
For Dry Manchuria -
[IMG]http://i44.************/1fg6t5.jpg[/IMG]· Add the dumplings into the sauce and sauté for 2-3 minutes until dumplings are well coated with sauce.
· Garnish with chopped coriander and greens of spring onions.
· Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
For Wet Manchuria -
· Add the vegetable stock (squeezed water from vegetables) to the sauce and adjust salt.
· Mix 1 tbsp corn flour with little water and add this to the sauce.
· Add the fried dumplings to the sauce, and bring to boil until the sauce thickens to the required consistency.
· Garnish with coriander and serve hot with noodles, fried rice or even with rotis/chapathis.