Tropical fruit salad with coconut cream Ingredients For the fruit salad
- 1/2 cup lychees, de-seeded
- 1/2 cup strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup watermelon, diced
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup melon balls
- 1/2 cup mangoes, diced
For the coconut cream sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 teaspoons cornflour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1/4 teaspoon rose essence
- For the coconut cream sauce
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1 cup of water.
- Heat the coconut cream with the sugar and when it comes to a boil, add the cornflour mixed with water.
- Simmer for 1 minute and strain.
- Cool completely.
- Add the fresh cream and flavour with the rose essence.
- Refrigerate till chilled.
- How to proceed
- Arrange the fruits in 6 serving bowls.
- Pour the coconut cream sauce on top of the fruit.
- Serve chilled, garnished with mint leaves.
You can use a melon scoop to get round balls of fruit.