: 15-30 mins
500 gm - aatta (whole wheat flour)
2 tbsp - coconut (chopped)
300 gm - jaggery (gur)
4 nos - green cardamom (peeled and mashed)
ghee (or vegetable oil)
1 1/2 cup - water
- Mix jaggery, water, and green cardamom into a watery solution.
- Mix 4 tbsp ghee, jaggery syrup prepared above and coconut to aatta and make dough of it same as that for making chapatis.
- Use only as much jaggery syrup as required to make dough like the one for making chapatis.
- Take a lump of dough (the size as that for making chapaatis), press it flat on your palm like a peda then press it against a saancha for making khajoor.
- After the khajoor has acquired the imprint from the saancha, it is deep fried in ghee till reddish brown.
- Ghee is strained and khajoor kept aside.
- Serve when completely cooled.