2 1/2 kgs Cauliflower (Phool gobi), Carrots (Gajar) and Turnips (Shalgam) (after peeling)
200 grams Sugar (Cheeni)
100 grams Salt (Namak)
30 grams ground spices
20 grams Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
60 grams mustard powder
30 grams Ginger (Adrak)
15 grams Garlic (Lasun)
1 teaspoon glacial acetic acid (6 grams)
1/2 litre Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel) How to make sweet mixed vegetable pickle:
- Wash, peel and cut the vegetables (carrots into long slices, cauliflower into medium pieces, round medium slices of turnip).
- Blanch the vegetables in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes: then drain.
- Grind ginger and garlic to a fine paste and fry in 1 cup of hot oil till golden brown.
- Remove from the fire, add all the spices and mix well.
- Prepare the sugar syrup of (in half or less than that amount of water than the sugar) one to two-thread consistency.
- Mix glacial acetic acid and syrup into fried garlic and ginger mixed with spices.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables, cook till it leaves its oil.
- Cool, put in a jar and keep it for 10 days before using.
- This pickle can be kept for up to one year.