Sweet Dalia Recipe
* 1 cup Broken wheat (dalia)
* 2 1/2 cups Hot water
* 2 tbs Almonds and pistachios blanched and shredded
* 3/4 cup Sugar
* 2-3 small sticks cinnamon (dal chini)
* 1 tsp Aniseed (saunf)
* 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
* 3/4 cup Ghee
* 1/2 tsp orange colour (optional)
* Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add cinnamon sticks,
* broken wheat to the ghee. Saute on a high flame till it turns
* pinkish brown.
* Add hot water,saunf and ((orange colour if you want )) and partly cover and cook on a
* medium flame till most of the water has evaporated. Add
* more water if the wheat is not tender enough.
* Once all the water has evaporated, add the sugar, Stir.
* Place a griddle ( tava) below the pan and cook on a low
* flame for 8-10 minutes. The sweet dalia (lapsi) is ready
* when the ghee starts oozing out from the sides of the pan.
* Sprinkle the cardamom powder and cover it for a while.
* Serve hot garnished with blanched almonds and pistachios.