Stuffed chicken breast roulade with jibneh Arabieh
Prep time: 2 1/2 hours (including chilling)
Cooking time: 35 mins
1. Blanch spinach leaves and set aside.
2. Flatten the chicken breast, season with salt and white pepper. Put a layer of spinach, then beef bacon then jibneh Arabieh on top of it. Roll tightly and secure with a string. Keep the rolls in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. In the meantime, wash and scrub potatoes, then slice into thick pieces with the skin still on.
4. In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat milk and cream. Add sliced potatoes, garlic and shallots and cook until potatoes are tender. Add feta cheese then take the pot off the heat. (Do not add salt as feta is very salty.)
5. Slice chilled chicken rolls into 2.5cm-thick rounds.
Shallow-fry them in olive oil until golden.
6. To serve, divide chicken rolls between two plates
and serve with stacked potato slices and cream. Garnish
plate with watercress and salad leaves.