Stuffed Bhindi Recipe
Ingredients for stuffed bhindi: 1 pound Okra (Bhindi), washed and dried
3 tbsp - oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 medium sized onion, chopped
2 green chilies, seeded and chopped
3/4-inch ginger, finely chopped
A pinch of Asafetida powder
1 tomato chopped
3 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp ground fennel (saunf)
2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
1/2tsp chili powder or to taste
Salt To Taste
Preparation of stuffed okra:
- Cut the stalk of each okra and make lengthwise slit.
- Combine stuffing ingredients and mix well. Stuff each okra with the mixture.
- Sauté cumin with the little oil until it starts to crackle.
- Add onions, green chilies and ginger. Sauté till onion turns transparent, then put in asafetida and cook for a few seconds.
- Add tomato and cook until it turns pulpy.
- Add the okra and cook for 5 minutes until tender and well coated with the sauce (masala).
- Serve stuffed bhindi hot with chapati, paratha or rice.