Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse Tarts
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20minutes + setting time
200g white chocolate, chopped
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 ¼ tsp gelatin
2 cups whipping cream, divided
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 drop red food coloring
Chocolate shavings for garnish
For the Short crust pastry:
125g unsalted Butter
4 tsp Cold Water
½ tsp Baking powder
50g powdered sugar
1. To prepare the tarts, mix the sugar, baking powder in the flour and sieve it thrice to ensure even mixing of the two.
2. Rub in the cold butter to make crumbs. Add 4 tsp of cold water to bind it together. Do not knead the dough. Refrigrate for 10-15 mins.
3. Remove from the fridge and roll out to a thickness of ¼ inch. Line the tart tins with the dough an remove the extra from the edges using a sharp knife.
4. Poke with a fork and fill in beans. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes till done.
5. Remove from the oven and remove the beans. Bake for another 3-4 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
6. Clean and hull the strawberries. Place the prepare strawberries in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
7. Pass the puree through a sieve into a bowl to remove the seeds. You must have 3/4 cup of puree. Stir in the 1tbsp lemon juice.
8. Melt the white chocolate on a double boiler. Alternatively, you can also melt it in a microwave. Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth.
9. Place 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand for 5 minutes.
10. In a small sauce pan, heat 1/4 cup of the cream with the powdered sugar to a simmer over medium heat. Add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the melted chocolate. Stir until well blended. Then whisk in the 3/4 cup strawberry puree. Add a drop of red food coloring to get a nice pink color if needed.
11. Whip the remaining whip cream. Next, add the chocolate mixture to the remaining whipped cream and lightly fold in. 12. Pipe the refrigerated mousse into the tarts. Garnish with chocolate shavings.