SPINACH SALAD WITH GRILLED SPICED CHICKEN RECIPE
Excellent chicken with shallots, vinegar, spinach and spices.
1 tblsp Coriander Seed
1 tblsp Fennel Seed
2 lb Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless)
1/2 lb Shallots (cut to 1/4”)
1/2 cup Peanut Oil
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 tblsp Juniper Berries
2 tsp Black Peppercorns
1 tblsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 tsp Red Pepper (crushed)
1 lb Portobello Mushroom Caps
1 large Red Pepper (roasted and cut into thin strips)
2 lb Spinach Leaves (clean)
Salt according to taste
How to make spinach salad with grilled spiced chicken:
- Grind coriander, juniper, peppercorns and fennel seed in a grinder to make slightly coarse.
- Spread spices all over the chicken and let it chill for minimum 1 hour and maximum overnight.
- Fry shallots in a pan over high heat in hot oil till it gets crispy and browned.
- Drain reserving shallots and oil both.
- Drain shallots on paper towels and set aside.
- Combine cooking oil, mustard, vinegar, pepper flakes and salt.
- Grill chicken and let it cool.
- Reduce into small size strips.
- Grill mushroom caps after brushing it with dressing.
- Let it cool slightly.
- Cut into 1” strips.
- Toss spinach with vinaigrette.
- Top it with strips of mushroom, chicken and pepper.
- Garnish with crispy shallots.