Sindhi Kadhi Recipe
Ingredients: oil- 5 tblsp
asafoetida (hing) a pinch
green chillies - to taste
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
fenugreek seeds (methi) - 1 tsp
gram flour (besan / chane ka atta) - 6 tblsp
coriander/cumin powder- 1 tsp
turmeric powder (haldi)- a pinch
mixed vegetables (carrots, ladyfinger, brinjal, drumsticks, bottle gourd)- 2 cups/200 gms
tamarind (imli) pulp - 2 tblsp
salt (namak) - to taste
coriander leaves (dhania patta) - 2-3 sprigs
How to make sindhi kadhi :
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida and after a few seconds, add the chopped chillies, cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- Allow them to stop spluttering, then add the gram flour, stirring continuously.
- Fry it, till the flour becomes brown in colour and aromatic.
- Add around 5-6 cups (1 lt.) of water, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Cook on a simmering flame for at least 15- 20 minutes and then, bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the vegetables and the spices.
- Add the tamarind pulp and cook further, till the vegetables become tender.
- Add the salt and garnish with chopped coriander.