Sindhi Fried Rice
2 cups basmati (long grain rice)
2 tbsp. ghee
1 black cardamom
1" piece cinnamon
5 cups water (approx.)
- Wash rice gently.
- Put in colander and stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a deep heavy pan.
- Add whole spices, stir. Add rice carefully.
- Stir fry very gently with a spatula for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, cover, bring to boil.
- Simmer covered, till rice is cooked and water has evaporated.
- Press a grain, it must mash on putting pressure.
- Do not overcook, or the rice will taste lumpy.
- Add more hot water towards 3/4 done if required.
- Serve hot with sindhi saibhaji or curry.
Making time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings bowl
Shelflife: Best fresh