Shahi Tukda Recipe
• 6 slices Bread
• 2 tbsp Ghee
• 1 cup Full Cream Milk
• 2 tbsp Pista, blanched and chopped
• 1/4 cup Sugar
• 1/4 cup Water
• 1 Cardamom, powdered
• 4-5 Almonds, toasted and sliced
• Few strands of saffron
How to make Shahi Tukda:
• First you need to cut the edges of the bread. Thereafter, cut it diagonally to form 2 triangles. Keep the bread aside for about 2 hours, so that it becomes hard.
• To make the sugar syrup, mix sugar and water and set the mixture to boil. Now, simmer the solution for about 10 minutes and add powdered elachi into it.
• Take a pan and set the milk to boil. Simmer it until it reduces to 1/4th quantity. Simultaneously, keep stirring occasionally so that it does not stick to the pan. Now, add pista and few strands of saffron to the thickened milk.
• Apply ghee on the sides of the bread and lightly fry them until they turn golden brown on both sides.
• Arrange the fried bread on a plate. Pour the sugar syrup onto the bread and wait until it seeps down.
• Now, spread the milk mixture onto the bread and sprinkle some almonds, pista and saffron strands over it.
• Freeze it and serve when it is chill!