Shahi Kaju Aloo Recipe
Potato - 300 gms
Cashew nuts - 15, soaked in 1/4 cup water
Ginger - 1 tbsp, chopped
Garlic - 1 tbsp, chopped
Black cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf - 1
Onion - 2, chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped
Beaten yogurt - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. Wash the potatoes and dice them into small pieces.
2. Fry the potatoes in oil until golden brown. Keep aside.
3. Grind the cashew nuts, ginger and garlic to form a fine paste.
4. Heat some oil and add black cumin seeds and bay leaf.
5. Now add the onions until they become translucent.
6. Add the turmeric powder and garam masala. Stir well.
7. Pour in the cashew paste and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Put the yogurt, milk and water and allow to boil.
9. As the gravy begins to thicken, put the diced potatoes and simmer for 4 minutes.
10. Serve hot with naan or parathas.