Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 4 large red peppers (5 regular size)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 or 5 cups of vegetable stock (see note below)
- 1-2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup soy creamer
1. Roast peppers under the broiler or on the BBQ (I think this is the easiest way), rotating until skins are blackened and wrinkled all over. Place in a large bowl, cover with a plate, and let steam for 15 mins. Skin peppers and chop.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot over medium heat and saute onions and garlic for 5-7 mins, until onion is translucent. Add potatoes and fry for 1 min. Add peppers and water and bring to bubbling. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins, or until potatoes are soft.
3. Blend soup with a hand blender until smooth, then season to taste. Before serving, stir in soy creamer.