Red Curry with Chicken & Bamboo Shoots
Ingredients: Boneless Chicken Breast - 1 Lb
Bamboo Shoots, Sliced - 1 Can
Red Curry Paste - 3 Tbsp
Coconut Milk - 2 Cups
Red Chili, Sliced Diagonally - 2 Fresh
Thai Sweet Basil Leaves (Bai Horapah), Torn - 1/2 Cup
Fish Sauce (Nam Pla) - 2 Tbsp
Sea Salt - 1/4 Tsp
Palm Sugar Thai Sweet Basil Leaves (Bai Horapah) For Garnish - 1 1/2 Tsp
- Wash the chicken, slice diagonally into 1/2 cm thick, 3 cm wide and 3 cm long pieces.
- Thinly slice the bamboo shoots (if not already sliced). Pour 1 cup of coconut milk into a wok. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the curry paste, stir until red oil comes to the surface. Add the chicken and saute until it turns white and is cooked through.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, follow with the bamboo shoots. Season with fish sauce, sugar, and salt and bring back to a boil.
- Sprinkle with kaffir lime leaves, chilies, and sweet basil leaves. Turn off the heat. Arrange on a serving dish and garnish with sweet basil leaves before serving.
- Notes: If Thai sweet basil is not available, either omit or substitute other fresh herbs such as coriander or European basil.