RAJASTHANI BHINDI RECIPE
1/2 tsp onion seeds (kalonji)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
250 gms ladyfingers (bhindi)
3 tsp bengal gram flour (besan)
1 tsp cumin powder
4 green chillies
1 tsp coriander powder
1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
How to make rajasthani bhindi :
- Wash and wipe the ladyfingers.
- Snip off the two ends and slit on one side.
- Mix everything bengal gram flour, 1 tsp fennel seeds and all other dry masalas except cumin and onion seeds.
- Mix in a tblsp of oil and salt and mix well.
- Stuff this masala into the ladyfingers.
- Heat up 3 tblsp of oil, mix in the remaining fennel seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and onion seeds, fry for a minute.
- Mix in ladyfingers and stir fry for 5 minutes, cover and stir fry stirring till they are cooked.
- Uncover and stir fry till the ladyfingers are crisp.
- Serve hot.