1 kg chicken with bones
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
1 and a half coriander powder
1 and a half tsp salt to taste
1 1/4 cup yogurt
For the gravy:
4-5 bay leaves
4-5 green cardamoms
1 tsp kasuri methi leaves, roasted and powdered
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 and a half tbsp ginger chopped
1 and a half tsp garlic chopped
8 green chillies chopped
1 and a half tsp coriander leaves chopped
3 green chillies
4-5 ginger julienne
3 large tomatoes chopped
5 large onions, chopped, fired and pureed
1 tbsp cashew nut paste Method:
- Marinate chicken with yogurt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Stir to mix well and leave aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat up the oil in a deep wok (kadai).
- Mix in bay leaves, cloves and cardamoms and stir fry for 30 seconds
- Mix in the onions paste and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes, turmeric and green chillies, stirring frequently until the oil separates from the gravy.
- Mix in marinated chicken stirring it well for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Sprinkle garam masala and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add kasuri methi and stir for another 2 minutes. Add the cashew paste and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Mix in salt to taste.
- Take off from fire and leave to rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Decorate with coriander leaves, ginger julienne and cut green chillies.