Punjabi Masala Chop Recipe
3 in piece of fresh ginger peeled and coarsely chopped
3 tbsp peeled and coarsely chopped garlic
6-8 lamb chops from the ribs, remove all extra fat
8 fl oz grated or finely chopped tomatoes
2 medium sized onions very finely chopped
1 tbsp cayenne
12 fl oz Greek yogurt beaten
1 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp ground roasted cumin seeds
1-2 tsp Punjabi garam masala
3 tbsp lemon juice
2-3 tbsp chopped fresh green coriander
How to make punjabi lamb chop:
- Put the ginger and garlic into the container of an electric blender with 2-3 tablespoons of water and blend to a paste.
- Put the chops, tomatoes, onions, cayenne pepper, yogurt, salt and ginger-garlic paste into a large wok or heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Stir and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to low, cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until the chops are almost cooked.
- Add the cumin seeds and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat is tender and the sauce thick.
- Add the garam masala and lemon juice and stir. Sprinkle fresh coriander over masala chops and serve.