1 kg raw Mangoes
3 teaspoons Methi Dana
150 grams White Salt
30 grams Red chili Powder
Jeera 4 teaspoons
Onion Seeds 1 Tablespoon
Haldi 1 tablespoon
Mustard Oil 2 1/2 Cups
1. Wash and Dry the Raw Mango and let them dry on a towel.
2. Cut these mangos into 8 pieces .
3. Now take a big mixing bowl or tray.
4. Put the mango pieces in it.
5. Sprinkle all the salt on it.
6. Sprinkle all the red chilli in it.
7. Sprinkle all the Turmeric in it.
8. Pour some Mustard oil ( about 1/2 cup or more as per need ) and thoroughly mix so that each piece of mango gets rubbed with the mixture of spices and oil.
9. Take an air tight jar which is completely dry ( no trace of any moisture at all otherwise the pickle will get spoiled)
10. Now transfer the mango pieces (which have prepared in step 8) in the jar.
11. Pour the remaining Mustard Oil on top. ( Make sure that the mango pieces are completely covered and submerged under the mustard oil ).
12. Cover with the airtight lid.
13. Now leave this jar in the sun during the day.
14. In the evening bring the jar in.
15. Each day when you put this jar in the sun, shake it a bit so that the mustard oil gets mixed with each mango piece.