: 15-30 mins
1 cup - basmati rice
1 - onion
2 - tomatoes
1 inch - ginger
1 cup - soya chunks
1/2 bunch - coriander leaves
1 tbsp - oil
1 tbsp - coriander powder
1/2 tsp - turmeric powder
1 tsp - cumin
1 tbsp - chilli powder
1 tsp - garam masala
Salt to taste Method
- Clean and soak rice in water for half an hour.
- Peel and chop onion, ginger, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Soak soya in warm water for 15 mins, squeeze out excess water and slice into two.
- Heat oil, saute cumin and onions till they turn brown.
- Add coriander, chilli and turmeric powders and tomato.
- Cook for 5 mins till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add soya pieces, rice and coriander leaves and stir.
- Now add garam masala and salt.
- Add 2&1/2 cups of water and boil.
- Lower flame and cook till rice is done. Serve hot.