Poha or Chidva
3 cups of poha (Chidva)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
5 curry leaves
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ cup Green Coriander finelychopped
½ cup peas ( Matar
1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds ( Jeera)
1 teaspoon turmeric ( Haldi)
3 Green chillies filnely chopped
Lemon Juice 1 tablespoon
½ teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
Instructions: 1. Wash the rice flakes twice, drain and spread on a tissue or plate and set aside
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds and let them crackle.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds and let them crackle.
5. Add the curry leaves.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
7. Add 1/2 cup of peas and stir.
8. Cook until the peas are soft.
9. Add the rice flakes ( Chidva) and stir well.
10. Add sugar.
11. Add Salt.
12. Take it off the heat now.
12. Add the lemon juice.
13. Cover the frying pan for few minutes to keep the poha moist.
While serviing add some finely chopped coriander, some cut green chillies and some more lemon juice .
Best enjoyed with a cup of tea in the afternoon.