Plain Dosa Recipe
Here’s a delicious, light dosa recipe that is a popular south Indian dish and can be enjoyed with sambhar. Learn how to make plain dosa.
3 cup rice (chawal)
1 cup split black gram lentil (urad ki dhuli dal)
1 tsp salt (namak)
1 tsp fenugreek seeds (dana methi)
oil as required
How to make plain dosa:
- Soak rice, dal and dana methi for 6 hours.
- Then grind them to a fine thin batter by adding little water.
- Add salt to it and leave it covered for 12 hours for fermentation.
- Now heat a non stick tawa and spread 1 tbsp of the batter on the whole of the pan.
- Grease all the corners and then cook it on the other side also.
- Put little water on the tawa and wipe it with a clean cloth before making each dosa.
- Serve them hot with hot sambhar and chutney.