PISTA SANDESH RECIPE
1/2 cup castor sugar
12 tblsp pistachios (powdered)
1 litre cows milk
1/4 tsp citric acid
How to make pista sandesh :
- Boil the milk.
- Mix citric acid in water and gradually mix in it to milk till the milk curdles.
- Strain the paneer through a clean cloth and cool.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- In a pot roast the paneer and sugar lightly for four to five minutes.
- The paneer should not change the colour.
- Grind this mixture in a mixie till it is soft and light (without adding water).
- Mix in powdered pistachios to paneer-sugar mixture.
- Divide into small portions and shape into round balls.
- Decorate with whole pistachios and serve.