Paneer dal makhani
Paneer dal makhani Ingredients
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 finely chopped onion + 4 green chilli
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tomatoes blended to a fine paste
- Salt to adjust your taste
- 1 c par boiled ( moong and urad dal)
- 3 c water
- 1 tbsp crushed methi
- 1/2 c paneer cut into small squares
- 1/2 c cream
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 50 gm of butter.
- In a deep pot heat ghee, fry onion and chilli till transparent, add ginger/ garlic paste
- Add stared masalas and fry for 2 min then add tomatoes, salt & bring the thick gravy to a boil.
- Add the cooked daal and water, bring to the boil once again and and cook over low flame for 2 hours.
- when the dal is nice & thick add methi and stir then add paneer & cook for another 5 min.
- Add in cream and stir cook for further 2 min.
- Bring out on a serving bowl, add butter & allow to melt.
- Garnish with cilantro & some extra cream on top.
- Serve with hot naans.