Nineteenth century chicken
DISH Main Courses
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 35 mins
1 each, chicken drumstick and chicken thigh
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tsp English (hot) mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
broccoli and carrots, to serve
parsley to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6. Make several deep slashes in the chicken, cutting down to the bone.
2. In a large bowl, mix oil, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, cayenne pepper, ginger, salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces and toss them in the mixture until
well-coated. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
3. Arrange chicken pieces on a non-stick baking sheet, brushing them with any extra marinade.
4. Grill for 35 minutes or until chicken is crisp, golden brown and cooked through. Turn chicken over once or twice during cooking to ensure even browning.
5. Serve with broccoli and carrots. Garnish with parsley.