Mysore pak recipe
- 1 cup bengal gram flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups ghee
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cardomom powder
- Sieve the bengal gram flour (besan).
- Roast it on a hot griddle/ tava for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Heat half the ghee (clarified butter) (1 1/4 cup) in a pan.
- Put the sugar in another pan and add 1 cup of water to it. Cook till it becomes sticky syrup. It should not become stringy.
- Add the roasted flour to the sugar syrup stirring constantly. Take off the flame for a second while you get the melted ghee ready.
- Pour the ghee in a steady stream into the flour and sugar mixture while stirring. You need an extra hand here.
- Add the rest of the ghee and stir in. Cook till the mixture turns light brown and becomes porous and spongy like bread.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder over the mixture and turn out immediately into a 9" shallow cake pan or a thali.
- The mixture sets within a minute.
- With a sharp knife cut into 1 1/2 inch squares at immediately.