Mushrooms in tomato and white wine sauce
1/2 medium onion
1 large garlic clove
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera seeds
10 medium sized mushrooms
1/2 tsp dhana jeeru (cumin/coriander powder)
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric)
3/4 tsp mirchi (chilli powder)
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp lemon juice or fresh
i cup dry white wine
1/2 cup skinned tomatoes
1 tsp honey
Handful of chopped coriander
1. Slice the onion finely to make thin strips and chop the garlic into small pieces.
2. Heat a saucepan on medium heat and when hot, add oil and jeera. When jeera has browned a little add onion and garlic and stir.
3. Meanwhile take the stems out of the mushrooms so they are empty inside. You can do this by pulling and twisting the stem. After this has been done add the mushrooms into the saucepan.
4. Add dhanajeeru, haldi, mirchi, salt, lemon juice and a cup of white wine and stir.
5. Put the heat up a little and semi-cover the saucepan with a lid for 5-10 mins so that the wine reduces.
6. Blend the tinned tomatoes making a sauce and then when 1/2 the wine has reduced to half, add the tomato sauce in the pan, stir.
7. Finally, add honey and take off the heat. Garnish with coriander.