6 bread slices
100 g. butter
2 (100 g.) onions, chopped fine
10 g. pineapple slice, chopped fine
250 g. fresh mushrooms, chopped fine
Salt and pepper to taste
150 ml. milk
50 ml. fresh cream
1/2 cup (100 g.) white sauce
How to make mushroom basket:
* Place two bread slices side by side on a greased baking tray.
* Place two bread slices over each slice and press gently. Scoop out the centre soft portion of the two bread slices to make two boxes. Toast them till brown. Heat butter and fry the onion till translucent. Add pineapple and mushrooms.
* Add salt, pepper and milk. Saute till done and dry. Remove from heat.
* When cool, fold in the fresh cream and white sauce.
* Pour the mixture into the bread boxes.
* Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
* Serves: Four
* Time required: 25 + plus baking time