mithas e guftagu
1 tbsp Amul Ghee
1 cup Sevaiyan
1 ½ cup Sugar
2 tbsp Khoya (grated)
½ litre Milk
3 tbsp (washed and ground to a coarse powder)
2 tsp Cardamom powder
6-8 nos Almonds (cut into slivers)
1. Heat ghee and fry sevaiyan in it till golden brown. Keep aside.
2. Combine ½ cup sugar with just enough water to cover it and cook till a two-string consistency syrup is made. Mix in fried sevaiyan and cook for a few more minutes.
3. In another vessel, combine the khoya with half the milk and ½ cup sugar and cook to make rabri.
4. In a frying pan, combine remaining milk with remaining sugar and ground rice and cook to make firnee. Mix in cardamom powder.
5. In a serving bowl, make a layer of sevaiyan. Top with a layer of rabri, followed by a layer of firnee, topped with almonds. Repeat the process for all serving bowls. Serve chilled.