20 minute Ingredients:
- 150 g Skim milk powder or 125 g evaporated skim milk or evaporated milk
- 300 ml Skim milk
- 3 fresh corn, remove seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom seeds, powdered
- 10 Almonds, soaked in warm water for 4-5 hours
- 3 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- a few strands saffron
- In a deep skillet take corn seeds and 1/2 cup milk and boil. Remove from heat and let it cool. Transfer to a grinder and grind to a coarse texture.
- Take 150 ml milk in a bowl. Mix slowly milk powder or evaporated milk while stirring. Keep aside.
- Pour remaining milk in a deep skillet and place it on medium heat. Add corn of step 1 and boil for 10-12 minutes. Add milk mixture (step 2) and boil for another 5 minutes (10-12 minutes for milk powder). Stir occasionally so that nothing sticks at the bottom.
- While the milk is boiling, remove the skin of almonds. Cut them in thin and long pieces.
- Add almond pieces, sugar, saffron strands, and cardamom powder to the boiling kheer (step 3).