100gms soft white Makhanas
1 tsp ghee
5 cups milk
4 tbsp sugar or as desired
1 tbsp shredded almonds
1 tbsp grated pistachios
1 tsp green cardamom seeds (crushed) How to make sabudana kheer:
- Cut makhanas into halves and put it in a saucepan along with ghee.
- Fry over a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar and stir well.
- Leave to simmer for about 1 hour, until milk reduces to half and of a creamy consistency.
- During this period stir from time to time so that milk does not sticks to the bottom of pan.
- Now add almonds and pistachios and leave for further 10 minutes
- Sprinkle crushed cardamom.
- Serve the makhana kheer hot or cold, as desired.