| | Lapsi
Lapsi A delicious dessert of broken wheat. Preparation Time: 5 min. Cooking Time: 20 min. Serves 8. Ingredients 1 cupbroken wheat (dalia) 1 cupsugar 1 tbspcardamom (elaichi) powder 1/4 cup warm milk 6 tbsp pure ghee Method
- Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the broken wheat, stirring continuously till it is golden brown in colour.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 cups of water in another pan till warm.
- Add the water to the broken wheat and increase the flame till the water starts to boil.
- Then reduce the flame and cook, stirring occasionally till the wheat is almost done.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook on a slow flame till the ghee separates.
- Allow the lapsi to cool for some time.
- Before serving, add the milk and heat again.
- Serve hot.
- If the lapsi becomes dry while cooking, add more water.