KHASTA POROTA RECIPE
4 tblsp ghee
2 cup refined flour (maida)
1 tsp salt
1 tblsp sugar
water as required
How to make khasta porota :
- Melt the ghee.
- Mix everything flour, sugar, salt.
- Mix in 2 tblsp of ghee and the egg and mix well.
- Mix in enough water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough 3 portions.
- Roll out each portion into a chappati.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside.
- Spread a little ghee on a flat surface.
- Keep one chappati on it.
- Apply some ghee to the chappati and gently pull the edges of the chappati so that it gradually spreads into a thin one.
- Fold into half and again into half to resemble a triangle.
- Keep it covered with a damp cloth.
- Preheat up the oven to 190ºc.
- Gently pat each triangle to a fairly thin chappati.
- Keep them at least 10 cm apart on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 190ºc for about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with mutton curry.