- Milk 500 ml
- Sugar 50 gms
- Rice flour 75 gms
- Saffron a few strands
- Cardamom green, 8 nos
- Pistachio 25 gms
- Almonds 25 gms
- Boil the milk so that it reduces to half its quantity.
- Add the rice flour to this and mix well so that no lumps are formed.
- Add the sugar and cook for sometime so that the sugar dissolves.
- Dissolve the saffron in warm milk and add this to the above mixture.
- Pour the phirni in earthen bowls and garnish with pistachios and almonds.
- Allow it to cool and set in the refrigerator and serve cold.