Jacket potato with garlic mushrooms
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Oven temperature: 200°C
2 large baking potatoes
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 bulb roasted garlic, wrapped loosely in foil and cooked in the oven along with the jacket potatoes
175g Mushrooms, sliced
2tbsp Cream cheese
1 tbsp chopped parsley
100g cheddar, grated
1 tbsp oil
- Place the potatoes, and the garlic in a pre-heated oven at 200oC/400oF, for 1¼ hours or until soft in the middle.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add a splash of oil and the butter to a preheated frying pan. Melt the butter and cook the mushrooms until tender.
- Turn down to a low heat, stir in the cream cheese and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cut the roasted bulb of garlic in half, squeeze into the pan and stir.
- Now add the spring onions and chopped parsley, season and stir well. Remove from the heat.
- When the potatoes are cooked, cut in half and scoop out as much of the potato as possible, leaving a couple of mm on the inside of the skin. Make sure the skins remain fully intact.
- Add the mushroom mix to the scooped out potato and mix together fully.
- Re-fill the jackets with the mixture, place in an ovenproof dish and top each one with the grated cheddar.
- Put back into the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and melted on top.