2 carrots
2 medium potatoes
2 tbsp capers
salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 or 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 or 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 can of tuna, well drained
Trim and wash string beans. Fill a large saucepan two-thirds with water. Bring water to a boil, add salt and the string beans, carrots and potatoes. Cook 5-8 mins over high heat, test string beans and carrots and remove when tender but still firm. Set them to drain and cool in a colander. Cook potatoes an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from water and let all vegetables cool a bit. Meanwhile in a separate saucepan heat water and cook peas until tender. Drain and also let cool. 2. Peel the potatoes, and finely dice the potatoes, carrots and string beans. Place diced vegetables in a large bowl. Add half of the capers and all of the peas. Add the tuna. Season with salt and pepper. Add the oil and vinegar; mix carefully until blended. Taste and adjust salad for seasonings.
Gently mix in 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. Keep adding more mayonnaise until all of the vegetables are well covered in mayonnaise without them seeming to be swimming in it. (I say this because I am estimating the quantity; I usually add a 1-2 tbsp at a time until the consistency seems right... if you think it is not enough, keep adding until it seems right).
At this point, using the back of your spoon press the salad gently to flatten out the top and compress ingredients into the bowl. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. To serve you can turn the salad over onto a platter, it should keep the shape of the bowl or you can leave it in the bowl. Garnish the top with the remaining capers and arrange the slices of gard-cooked eggs in a circle on top or if on a platter, around the base of the salad. Serve slightly chilled and enjoy!

yummyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!:chew:y