GOAN MUTTON CURRY RECIPE
2 cup warm water
2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
1/2 tsp clove powder
3 tblsp oil
2 tblsp desiccated coconut
2 big size onions
1 1/2 inch ginger
1/4 cup yogurt
750 gms mutton
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
6 cloves garlic
1 tsp turmeric powder
How to make goan mutton curry :
- Clean and wash the mutton thoroughly.
- Remove off the excess water and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Cream the yogurt and turmeric powder together.
- Mix in the mutton cubes and marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Take off and cut one onion.
- Slice the other.
- Wash, take off and crush the ginger and garlic.
- Heat up half the oil over medium heat up in a heavy bottomed pot and fry cut onion until brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
- Mix in the remaining oil to the pot and fry the cut onions until soft.
- Mix in the crushed ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry for one minute.
- Mix in the coriander powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder, pepper powder, red chilli powder.
- Stir fry for 1 minute over low heat.
- Mix in 2 tblsp of water and stir fry until it evaporates.
- Mix in the desiccated coconut stir fry for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Mix in meat and increase the heat.
- Stir and fry the meat for 5 minutes or until it changes colour.
- Mix in water and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 30 minutes, mix in the fried onions and salt.
- Further simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Stir in vinegar, take off from heat, serve hot.