- 1 kg carrots grated
- 3 ltr of skimmed milk
- 1 ½ cup of sugar
- ½ can of sweetend condensed milk
- 5-6 green cardamon (whole)
- ½ cup of almonds sliced
- ½ cup of cashew nuts chopped
- 2 tbsp of milk powder
- ½ cup of golden raisins
- In a non stick, heavy based, wide pan add milk.
- Bring the milk to boil and reduce for simmering for about 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Keep on stirring the milk and scraping the sides of the pan to avoid scalding.
- Add the cardamoms and milk powder and stir well.
- Add the carrots and continue cooking until all the milk is absorbed and the mixture begins to look dry.
- Now add the sugar and condensed milk very slowly. Add ¼ and then stir it good and then keep on adding rest of it.
- Cook it well till it dissolves and the mixture look dry again.
- Add the almonds and cashew nuts and golden raisins and turn of the gas. Close the lid and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm gajrela to your family. Carrots are very good source of Vitamin C and A which is very good for eyes and growth of children.